Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

A good sign of a quality program is having your assistants in demand. It stinks to lose them but if you never had your assistant
    get a head coaching job how good could he really be?

And please Patrodick keep up with the bragging about your awesome program....kinda like a guy at Mcdonalds bragging because
    he got moved from mopping floors to fries.
    New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Originally posted by pokecheckguy View Post
      Hire a guy who was fired from a USHL team for "team unrest"? Hmm...add in the fact that UVM is taking on two of his players who have off-ice issues. That would go over well. http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...r-Kyle-Wallack
      I am hearing Kevin Patrick..He would be a great choice and I think worked with Sneddon at Union in the past.

Comment

Uh, Micheletto wasn't really "in demand". One team was interested and he was about the 10th choice. Nobody wanted the job.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Uh, Micheletto wasn't really "in demand". One team was interested and he was about the 10th choice. Nobody wanted the job.
          That is true. But still, it's a good opportunity for him, and you can't fault a guy for trying to move up in life.

(p.s., I'm not saying you fault him for trying)

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
            Knowing your penchant for spouting off mindless drivel, I decided to look it up. Low and behold, you're still an idiot. So I put up both team's NCAA histories to highlight the facts: by my calculation, and stop me if these concepts are too big for you to understand, UVM has made one more tournament (Division I, since we're not talking Division II) appearance than Lowell, despite playing DI for 11 more seasons. Where's "the much stronger history" you spoke of? No? Just making things up as you go? Ahhhh, I understand. Point of information: is it painful to be that stupid, or have years of practice deadened you to it?
            This is just stupid, but since you insist.....

UVM has played in two Frozen Fours and had two close brushes with the national championship game--one game losing a lead late in the 3rd period to the eventual national champs, and the other losing in the second overtime only because of a brutal missed call on a clear hand pass. And how bout we also talk about players who have had an impact in the NHL in recent years:
            • Martin St. Louis
            • Tim Thomas
            • Patrick Sharp
            • John Leclair
            • Aaron Miller
            • Viktor Stalberg
            • Eric Perrin
            • Torrey Mitchell

Those are the players I can think of--I'm probably missing others.

Comment

Kreider was good at BC and is a hell of a skater but Girgensons is a much more physical presence on the ice and therefore is ready for the pro game earlier than Krieder was

And Girgensons would likely have had a greater presence on the D1 ice as a result. He is a wrecking ball in addition to skills and defensive tenacity

What bothers me most about this is the essential loss of a scholarship athlete for the season which starts in less than two months.

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                Kreider was good at BC and is a hell of a skater but Girgensons is a much more physical presence on the ice and therefore is ready for the pro game earlier than Krieder was

And Girgensons would likely have had a greater presence on the D1 ice as a result. He is a wrecking ball in addition to skills and defensive tenacity

What bothers me most about this is the essential loss of a scholarship athlete for the season which starts in less than two months.
                There has to be someone that York bumped back a year or that Parker dismissed for missing non-mandatory practices that we can pick up.
                Originally posted by Hokydad
                Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  This is just stupid, but since you insist.....

UVM has played in two Frozen Fours and had two close brushes with the national championship game--one game losing a lead late in the 3rd period to the eventual national champs, and the other losing in the second overtime only because of a brutal missed call on a clear hand pass. And how bout we also talk about players who have had an impact in the NHL in recent years:
                  • Martin St. Louis
                  • Tim Thomas
                  • Patrick Sharp
                  • John Leclair
                  • Aaron Miller
                  • Viktor Stalberg
                  • Eric Perrin
                  • Torrey Mitchell

Those are the players I can think of--I'm probably missing others.
                  I'll give you St. Louis, Thomas, Sharp and LeClair but you've got to be kidding if you think Perrin, Stahlberg and Mitchell were or are impact players. Stahlberg may turn out to be a very good player but that remains to be seen. Perrin was okay, not great. Mitchell? C'mon. I realize you are a 'Cats fan but take off your rose colored glasses for a moment okay?

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                    Given the obvious potential for this problem occurring, you would think the coaching staff had a backup plan to accelerate someone early. No?
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Given the obvious potential for this problem occurring, you would think the coaching staff had a backup plan to accelerate someone early. No?
                      Yeah, you'd think. Maybe Anthony Deluca was the player Sneddon planned to accelerate early.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                        I'll give you St. Louis, Thomas, Sharp and LeClair but you've got to be kidding if you think Perrin, Stahlberg and Mitchell were or are impact players. Stahlberg may turn out to be a very good player but that remains to be seen. Perrin was okay, not great. Mitchell? C'mon. I realize you are a 'Cats fan but take off your rose colored glasses for a moment okay?
                        The Lowell fan's consistent comments that his squad is equal to Vermont is a case of him being in fantasy land. UVM's number of All Americans, Hobey finalists, a pair of Frozen Fours (recently, too) puts UVM light years ahead of a team that is coming off a conference first round elimination and a fortunate first round victory. UML will be better than UVM this year, probably by a lot, but unless UML finds itself in Pittsburgh in April (no chance), he has no ground to stand on.

I have to go on the other teams boards (BC, BU, Wisconsin, etc) and see if he thinks Lowell's better than them, too
                        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                          The Lowell fan's consistent comments that his squad is equal to Vermont is a case of him being in fantasy land.
                          To be fair its not all Lowell fans, just a couple whose team-crush on the Cats just wont let them stay away.
                          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
                            To be fair its not all Lowell fans, just a couple whose team-crush on the Cats just wont let them stay away.
                            What else is there to do in beautiful downtown Lowell ? I guess being a tool eases the pain.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

To get this back on track (and not to troll) ... serious question, not sure if it was already discussed. With Girgensons departure, is there any chance that one of your 2013 recruits (Forgione?) comes in early? Or are they just going to pass the scholarship money that was saved out amongst current players?
                              Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                              2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                                What else is there to do in beautiful downtown Lowell ?
                                Well if you have some time next weekend check out the The Lowell Folk Festival. i'm sure you'll have a great time.

Comment

Working...
                                X