Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

I agree. He played for 3 youth programs, two colleges, and multiple teams after college and still counting. He should be suing his dad not Sneddon.

Comment

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post
      Not good news at all. I believe he can report to the Rimouski camp, but he would have to pay his own way if he wants to retain his NCAA eligibility. Here's an interesting thread on a USHL forum about Deluca at the Cedar Rapids tryout camp:

http://finishyourcheck.com/topic/654...-the-ushlncaa/

He ended up playing in the camp all-star game last night.
      regarding Deluca http://***********/chrismpeters/stat...97877858877440
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        In the article on the 10th, he said he was pretty sure he'd be playing in Ceder Rapids. Who knows, for right now I personally and going to take his statement over someone elses tweet. But, you never know. Hard part about recruiting top tier talent is that chance they never show up, something that should be addressed by the NCAA somehow.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Looks like it is confirmed:

http://www.lavantage.qc.ca/l-oceanic...c-est-officiel

Comment

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post
            While I couldn't understand most of that (well, all of it), it looks like you're right. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Comment

Translated to English: Still a bit confusing, but a little easier to understand.

"Actually, I spoke with Anthony when he was returning home after his classes. After the draft, I had spoken with his father over the last two days, including today. He had a college in the U.S. who wanted to have it, there were also people to talk and finally, he confirmed his decision tonight, "said Philippe Boucher to 21 h 15 tonight.

It's official that it will present at Rimouski. That will change the atmosphere during the round of golf on Saturday. "Well, it will be fun. We'll have fun. There are young people who come have a look "said Boucher, who fully expects to see Jerome Gauthier-Leduc, Étienne Boutet, possibly Samuel Morin and others. All of which leads to Boucher usual, he played with the old pros on her 'foursome' and now he plays with young juniors.

Recall that Anthony DeLuca, 5'08, 198 pounds, finished 1erpointeur his team this year and the first pointer LHMAAAQ with 48 goals and 32 assists for 80 points in 43 games despite 68 minutes of punishment. 9 of his goals are powerplay, shorthanded 5, 8 and has game-winning goals.

The Rimouski Oceanic should have 5 players who were together at the Canada Games, that Philippe Desrosiers, Maxime Gravel, Frederick Gauthier, Anthony DeLuca and Samuel Morin.
              Last edited by Martin St. Louis Fan; 06-13-2012, 10:33 AM.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Here's Ted Ryan's take on the Deluca situation:

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com/oncampus/

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                  Here's Ted Ryan's take on the Deluca situation:

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com/oncampus/
                  Terrible. Oh well, **** him. The only thing that has ever been good about Canada is hockey and strippers. Since the Habitants suck and you can't trust the amateurs I guess it's down to strippers...... and now that I'm not 17 any more, they aren't all that good either...
                  Originally posted by Hokydad
                  Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

This is a case where I believe a shiny new rink would have made his decision even tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
                      This is a case where I believe a shiny new rink would have made his decision even tougher.
                      Yeah, or maybe a team that had been a little more competitive over the last couple of years. It's hard to say what his reasoning was.

Anyway, it seems like UVM continues to be able to land talented recruits despite the situation with the rink and facilities overall. A new rink, however, will be the coup de gras, making us almost unstoppable. I dare say a new rink = national championship within 8 years. Now let me put on my flame retardant suit....

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                        Terrible. Oh well, **** him. The only thing that has ever been good about Canada is hockey and strippers. Since the Habitants suck and you can't trust the amateurs I guess it's down to strippers...... and now that I'm not 17 any more, they aren't all that good either...
                        How many days until the **** Zemgus post?
                        Buffoon Detector

Comment

I agree, but one would think he would have enjoyed playing with a first rd draft pick (that's if he shows up and stays)

Comment

Originally posted by Redhead View Post
                            How many days until the **** Zemgus post?
                            I'm sure IF that happens, there will be plenty of people happy to bring that news to our attention. Right now though, it's looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                              Now let me put on my ****** suit....
                              Fixed your post.

See what I did there? Seriously, stop drinking the bong water.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                                Fixed your post.

See what I did there? Seriously, stop drinking the bong water.
                                Nice. Knew I could count on you....

Comment

Working...
                                X