Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm not implying he couldn't make noise as a frosh. More as a very young frosh? Rau turned 19 in the first month of his freshmen hockey season, Da Costa was 20.
    Colin Wilson is the only one that comes to mind for me. Turned 18 a month into his freshman season and was a 0.95 PPG guy that year.

Comment

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I'm not implying he couldn't make noise as a frosh. More as a very young frosh?
      I know what you're saying. It takes someone real special to be a standout at that age. Still, as bad as we were last season, we could have used him desperately. Who knows, he might have been our top scorer. Stalberg's numbers were okay, but not too impressive when you compare them to other players in HE and nationally.

Comment

Hey guys -- I'm seriously thinking of heading up from Albany for the UVM- UMN games this coming season. When should I expect those tickets to available to the gen. public? Thanks
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

WOW!!! Grasping at straws IMO!

http://www.wca*****/story/18735301/f...ues-university

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Yup. Get a job.
            Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
            National Champions 1992, 2001
            21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
            National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
            Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin St. Louis Fan View Post
              Eehgaads. Cannot believe an attorney actually took this case.....then again, I guess I can.

If there is any justice, this won't get to trial. IF it does, here's hoping the judge sends him packing -- with a bill for UVM's legal fees.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I happen to be an attorney and don't see this going anywhere. Whether a player has a good attitude or is being a good teammate is a discretionary call for the coach to exercise as he sees fit. It's not like Milo had a contract to play hockey at UVM.

BTW, Milo still plays hockey down in my neck of the woods for the Gwinnett Gladiators, an ECHL team about 30 minutes north of where I live. While his numbers aren't bad, he's not setting the league on fire.

Comment

Anyone see this story? Alex Vezzano is transferring to Sacred Heart. I guess he could see that Sneddon had no confidence in him by choosing to play Madore down the stretch in a lost season, when he could have been giving Vezzano experience for next year. And with Hoffman and Faust coming in.....

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com/oncampus/

Comment

Milo's father is an attorney, so there you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      Anyone see this story? Alex Vezzano is transferring to Sacred Heart. I guess he could see that Sneddon had no confidence in him by choosing to play Madore down the stretch in a lost season, when he could have been giving Vezzano experience for next year. And with Hoffman and Faust coming in.....

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com/oncampus/
                      Nice to know my "radar" is still working. It was very plain to me Kevin had zero confidence in Alex.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Originally posted by drewcu View Post
                        Milo's father is an attorney, so there you have it.
                        Oh my, I guess he was able to strong-arm one of his cronies into believing this thing has merit. Sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by DLG View Post
                          how abput Gaudreau this year at BC
                          that's a good call. So if you think about it in all college hockey that's one name, and that was my point. I don't want to put too much in expectation on Zemgus. He will definitely help, but he isn't likely to a savior.

Comment

Actually, you could probably find a lot of freshmen that fit like Gaudreau, but more I was trying to think of guys that started at 17 ... that's a pretty young age to start college (I know, I did it). Girgensons would have turned 18 in time for the second half of the year.
                            Jonathan Toews was 17 his entire Freshman season (didn't turn 18 until after the Frozen Four). He was alright.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Jonathan Toews was 17 his entire Freshman season (didn't turn 18 until after the Frozen Four). He was alright.
                              Chris Herron also was 17 his entire freshman year. Lost to UND in the '97 NC game a week before he turned 18. Good college player, tho not in Toews' league. I do recall hearing there were regrets that he didn't spend another season in juniors.
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

I think we should give Milo (and his dad) 2 cents for all of the whining they have been doing since
                                he left. Must be tough to be a sucess when everyone is against you.

Are they also suing the Yankees because they made him unable to play defense and hit at all???

Crawl back in your hole boys you are just embarassing yourselves....again.
                                New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Working...
                                X