Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

He definitely will be "under the microscope" Being a top scorer is not going to keep him on this team. The team has lost a couple top scorers ( Milo and Stacey) due to off ice stuff. If he keeps his nose clean and puts the put in the net he will be popular with the fans. I sure hope he has put his problems behind him, but the college environment does provide temptations, and Coach Sneddon is not gonna put his job on the line by keeping a "punk" on the team.

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Well, the coach already kind of put his reputation on the line by recruiting Fallon. Clearly given recent episodes the coach thinks the kid is going to bring a cleaned up act to Burlington. I'm always somewhat skeptical of someone changing but we can hope..... We surely need the talent he seems to have.

Where do you all see us finishing next year? Have to think 6th would be top end of the possible range unless a goalie steps up above average. We got outscored horribly last year, just improving a lot would still have us losing a lot of close games.....

Of course we can expect to be pegged last in every fan, coach, or media poll until they drop the puck in October. You don't finish last by a mile and get any credit.

Comment

This is true, but I am beginning to wonder what type of influence the AD has on such matters.
        I thought I knew Kevin pretty well, but some things that have transpired make me wonder a bit.

Comment

Maybe the pressure to win is making for some gamlbes you might not have seen two years ago
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Regarding Fallon, I have to believe Sneddon and the rest of the coaching staff did their due diligence to ensure they won't have another Justin Milo situation on their hands. That said, I also have to believe Fallon was very contrite and said all the right things in order to be given another shot. Fact is, no one knows what's gonna happen until he arrives on campus and becomes part of the team.

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
            Where do you all see us finishing next year? Have to think 6th would be top end of the possible range unless a goalie steps up above average. We got outscored horribly last year, just improving a lot would still have us losing a lot of close games.....
            That sounds about right. We should be able to make a run at home ice and eventually settle in around 5th or 6th. Of course, I'm also hoping that we get a perfect storm of positive events (we're certainly due) and end up doing something really special.

The whole Zemgus Girgenson thing makes me really nervous. I've got my fingers crossed that he finds his way to Burlington....

Comment

From the Vermont Cynic: Administrators consider new athletic facility.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it doesn't sound much different from things that have been said in the past. It's "9th on the list of new building projects"?!?!?! "Some students have questioned whether it's an effective use of school money"?!?!?! What the heck??? I'm not holding my breath and wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen in the next 10 years.

Comment

More good news from the ALum:

http://www.providencejournal.com/spo...2.1995f76.html

Comment

I think Girgenson will be here and be around for a few years. He seems to be steadfast in his commitment to UVM and his former line mate Gaudreau obviously had tremendous success. Krieder who was drafted in a similar spot as where ZG is predicted to go stuck around for 3 years developed and is moving on with a good shot at jumping right on the ice for the blueshirts. I would be surprised if he doesn't show up.
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Man it would have been nice to have Gaudreau. I think like what most people expect out of Girgenson, he would have turned a great deal of this season around.
                      Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                      National Champions 1992, 2001
                      21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                      National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                      Future National Champions 201?

Comment

So there have been multiple reports (some are saying we're supposed to be playing RPI instead but I am hearing those are false) about if we're in the Catamount Cup this year, but those who are saying we're playing say we play Union and then Princeton. Isn't it an actual tournament? What I mean is, don't the winners of the first two games play in the finals and the losers play the 3rd place game?
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                          So there have been multiple reports (some are saying we're supposed to be playing RPI instead but I am hearing those are false) about if we're in the Catamount Cup this year, but those who are saying we're playing say we play Union and then Princeton. Isn't it an actual tournament? What I mean is, don't the winners of the first two games play in the finals and the losers play the 3rd place game?
                          No, I'm pretty sure the match-ups are predetermined, regardless of the results. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.....

Comment

Lamesauce, first to get stuck in a tournament that isn't even a real tournament, then we don't even get to play the host and the team of the three I would most want to play?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              Lamesauce, first to get stuck in a tournament that isn't even a real tournament, then we don't even get to play the host and the team of the three I would most want to play?
                              Based on how we've played the last couple of seasons, I'm guessing you're all fired up to play us in order to pad your record. Seriously though, you guys will be playing Union in the second game. It's an opportunity to play a Frozen Four team. What's wrong with that?

Comment

We've already played the infamous #26 Onion lately... They tied us and threw a ticker tape parade for it. We've played Princeton recently too

Comment

Working...
                                X