Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNH at BU - HE Quarterfinal Game 3

Originally posted by gounhwildcats View Post
    They'd be a lot better if half of them weren't under indictment.
    Hello Dean, long time, no e-talk. I've been following the game on the radio. Good to see your username reporting on the events of the game so ably, as usual.
    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      At the game. I realize the refs have a couple views but they showed it on the jumbotron and I just don't see how that could be overturned when it was initially called a goal.
      That's what I'm hearing, but I haven't seen it so I'm not making any judgments.
      Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
      2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by ymmit View Post
        Then maybe BU should let UNH win in order to increase HE teams in NCAA payoff.
        OK, so what do you know about NCAA payoffs? Or was that just a slip of the keys?
        We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
        ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
        --Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by goblue View Post
          Hello Dean, long time, no e-talk. I've been following the game on the radio. Good to see your username reporting on the events of the game so ably, as usual.
          Good to see you too. With a weak year from the Cats it's been a little lonely most nights here. I've been guilty of not being around a lot of nights myself. Much better effort from the boys tonight than last night, hopefully they can keep it going.
          Let's go Cats!!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Haha I like this quote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
            Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
            Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
            Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
            --Epicurus

Comment

Good to see you too. With a weak year from the Cats it's been a little lonely most nights here. I've been guilty of not being around a lot of nights myself. Much better effort from the boys tonight than last night, hopefully they can keep it going.
              True enough. The bandwagon has been without passengers for a while now.
              ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

You know what, I know a little of the NCAA payoffsssss.

OK, so what do you know about NCAA payoffs? Or was that just a slip of the keys?

Comment

Hey this is BU. It's like Chicago in the 30's at that campus. I think their AD's last name is Capone.
                  Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ymmit View Post
                    Haha I like this quote:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
                    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
                    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
                    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
                    --Epicurus
                    I know. This Epicurus guy sure knows how to ask a question or 2. It's one of my favorites.
                    ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

Hey this is BU. It's like Chicago in the 30's at that campus. I think their AD's last name is Capone.
                      I agree. And Parker is involved as well here -- he convinced Hockey East to schedule these last 2 games at 4 and 5 p.m. respectively, so he could get to bed early.
                      ---Blaise Pascal

--Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        At the game. I realize the refs have a couple views but they showed it on the jumbotron and I just don't see how that could be overturned when it was initially called a goal.
                        Not following the game... Can you explain what happened?
                        I haven't been on here in a year...
                        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

OK looks like the Hockey God doesn't like ULowell. not yet.

Comment

i agree. And parker is involved as well here -- he convinced hockey east to schedule these last 2 games at 4 and 5 p.m. Respectively, so he could get to the bar early.
                            fyp
                            Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                              Not following the game... Can you explain what happened?
                              I'm basing this on what I've heard not seen. Downing scores the first goal of the game for UNH. Ref initially rules it a goal, Jackie has a fit. Refs review it and over turn it saying Downing put it in with a high stick. From everyone I've heard who's seen it (all UNH fans mind you), the stick was below his shoulders when he knocked it down.
                              Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Second period underway.

2-1 UNH
                                Let's go Cats!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X