X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Recruits: 2012-2018

Originally posted by HHound View Post
    I'm not sure I understand why UNH left Blackburn in Kelowna for another season. FWI, his RW, Jason Cotton could have spent another year in B.C., but came to Northeastern this fall. I had the feeling that Blackburn's game was at least as polished, if not more than Cotton's
    Amen Bro, Amen. Blackburn is ready and (with Masonious at UConn) would have likely made a bigger impact than any other freshman (sans, potentially Marcus Vela)...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by HHound View Post
      I'm not sure I understand why UNH left Blackburn in Kelowna for another season. FWI, his RW, Jason Cotton could have spent another year in B.C., but came to Northeastern this fall. I had the feeling that Blackburn's game was at least as polished, if not more than Cotton's
      Could it be that UNH has a "glut" of forwards right now? Sounded like a mutual decision...He's going to make an immediate impact next season along with the arrival of Cipollone (sp) and BVR.. What are NU's most immediate needs?
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

2015-16 2016-17 2017-18 2018-19 2019-20
        Dan Correale Liam Blackburn Liam Blackburn Liam Blackburn Liam Blackburn
        Max Gaudreault BVR BVR BVR BVR
        Collin McDonald Patrick Grasso Patrick Grasso Patrick Grasso Patrick Grasso
        Kyle Smith Justin Fregona Justin Fregona Justin Fregona Justin Fregona
        Jamie Hill C.Kelleher? C.Kelleher? C.Kelleher? C.Kelleher?
        T.Kelleher T.Kelleher J.Cipollone J.Cipollone J.Cipollone
        C.Bourque C.Bourque Eric Esposito Eric Esposito Eric Esposito
        Andrew Poturalski Andrew Poturalski Andrew Poturalski TBD TBD
        Warren Foegele Warren Foegele Warren Foegele TBD TBD
        Shane Eiserman Shane Eiserman Shane Eiserman TBD TBD
        M.McNicholas M.McNicholas M.McNicholas Jason O'Neill Jason O'Neill
        J.Salvaggio J.Salvaggio J.Salvaggio Aaron O'Neill Aaron O'Neill
        Marcus Vela Marcus Vela Marcus Vela Marcus Vela TBD
        A. Nazarian A. Nazarian A. Nazarian A. Nazarian TBD
        J. Kalinowski J. Kalinowski J. Kalinowski J. Kalinowski TBD
        Chris Miller Chris Miller Chris Miller Chris Miller TBD
        Harry Quast Liam Darcy Liam Darcy Liam Darcy Liam Darcy
        Matias Cleland Matias Cleland TBD TBD TBD
        Dylan Maller Dylan Maller TBD TBD TBD
        John Furgele John Furgele John Furgele TBD TBD
        Cam Marks Cam Marks Cam Marks TBD TBD
        Rich Boyd Rich Boyd Rich Boyd TBD TBD
        Dylan Chanter Dylan Chanter Dylan Chanter TBD TBD
        Matt Dawson Matt Dawson Matt Dawson Matt Dawson TBD
        As shown, Coach Borek left behond enough bodies to replace the 2018 class, but there are few that project to be top 2 line players. Therefore, the 2018 talent level drop off will be big with Poturalski, Foegele and Eiserman graduating. Coaches Souza and Stewart need high end 2018 kids (where Farabee would have been a centerpiece). (note, there are even more bodies on the roster, as I left off non-scholarship kids Frank Cefalu and Nick Nonis)

Clearly the 2017 Defense needs 2 players, and the 2018 Defense needs 4 defensemen. The loss of Masonius and Ryczek have taken away any pipeline of kids. Therefore, I expect a bunch of defensemen commits in the next couple of months. Given that New England is pretty picked clean, look to Western Canada, which is where Coach Stewart's recruiting background is a bit stronger.

Guys who would fit that profile of age group (98s or 99s) on D:
        AJHL
        Ian Mitchell
        Carson Bears
        Marcus Kichen
        BCHL
        Jake Harrison
        Last edited by NCAA watcher; 09-20-2015, 05:40 PM.
        The Souza record:
        15-16 10th place
        16-17 10th place
        17-18 11th place
        18-19 8th place
        19-20 9th place
        20-21 10th place
        21-22 9th place
        22-23 10th place

Comment

Blackburn really should be here, now. Looking at the current "glut" at forward, there are over a half-dozen players who charitably can be described as "supporting players" (or with due respect, more cynically as "roster fodder").

Have we not learned from our past mistakes in this area? Apparently not ...
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Blackburn really should be here, now. Looking at the current "glut" at forward, there are over a half-dozen players who charitably can be described as "supporting players" (or with due respect, more cynically as "roster fodder").

I think the politically correct term is "depth guys"
            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Read in some blog that Ara N is coming prob. a year 'ahead' of "schedule" and that maybe he could have benefited from another year of course that is speculation I suppose. Correct me if I'm wrong (and Lord knows we don't need to bring up the V word here heaven forbid...although its implied and always will be) but ultimately, who makes these decisions? Guess Blackburn will be "more than ready" if that's possible. Still when I look at the stats that these kids put out in these leagues they are mega stars, then, some develop fast in NCAA while others, fizzle. Lot of factors I guess determine 'readiness'?

ps Looking forward to the arrival of both he AND Fregona...AND BvR...and those mega Dmen we're going after. Oh, and also, Robinson and Nonis!☺️
              Last edited by HockeyRef; 09-22-2015, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                I think the politically correct term is "depth guys"
                Whatever we're calling it nowadays Felger, we sure do have it in abundance up in Durham this year, don't we?

Comment

"UNH Recruits Update: Sept-30-2015"

Player Spotlight on Justin Fregona and Brendan van Riemsdyk
                  The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

I see that C-H-C is passing the main writing responsibility for the UNH blog to Parker Wheeler. I wanted to take a moment to thank C-H-C for the time and effort that he put into the blog keeping us abreast of the recruiting process and providing info that is not available elsewhere (that Fosters and USHR dropped). Although we differed on our perspectives, I truly appreciated his work.
                    The Souza record:
                    15-16 10th place
                    16-17 10th place
                    17-18 11th place
                    18-19 8th place
                    19-20 9th place
                    20-21 10th place
                    21-22 9th place
                    22-23 10th place

Comment

Hopefully C-H-C continues to contribute recruiting news while Parker takes over most of the game coverage. I appreciate his news, insight, and passion for everything UNH hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by smitre View Post
                        Hopefully C-H-C continues to contribute recruiting news while Parker takes over most of the game coverage. I appreciate his news, insight, and passion for everything UNH hockey.
                        Agreed, we are all indebted to C-H-C for his unmatched reporting on the recruiting side of the program.

Comment

Agreed, we are all indebted to C-H-C for his unmatched reporting on the recruiting side of the program.
                          Here, here!!! I echo these sentiments; and believe that he is taking his blog in a different direction...it's a lot to do to cover games and recruits, too! Thanks Mike; looking forward to what is next on the UNH Men's Hockey Blog!!! Keep it coming!

Comment

Thank you so much for the kind words. I really appreciate them.

I will continue to write the "UNH Recruits Update" for the blog. With Parker Wheeler (the play-by-play broadcaster for WUNH FM) writing the UNH game reports for the blog, I will have more time to devote to reporting on the young players who have verbally committed to UNH. That will continue to include a recruit profile whenever a player announces his verbal commitment to UNH.

Beginning with the AIC game, I plan to add a new, weekly feature to the blog. It will involve me interviewing a knowledgeable source close to the team about how they performed during the weekend's game(s).

Here's hoping the next several years of UNH hockey will be exciting and gratifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                              Beginning with the AIC game, I plan to add a new, weekly feature to the blog. It will involve me interviewing a knowledgeable source close to the team about how they performed during the weekend's game(s).

Here's hoping the next several years of UNH hockey will be exciting and gratifying.
                              Sounds great, Mike! May our team provide you lots of good interviews beginning with the AIC game. Thanks for all you do.

Comment

"UNH Recruits Update: Oct-9-2015"

Player Spotlight on Liam Blackburn and Justin Fregona

Comment

Working...
                                X