• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Recruits: 2012-2018

"UNH Recruits: Plans for 2015-16 Season"
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Ryan Kennedy of the Hockey News projects that goalie Mike Robinson will be drafted 105th overall in the NHL Draft on Saturday:
      http://m.thn.com/blog/ryan-kennedys-...kings-the-120/

Comment

Mike Robinson – 2015 NHL Draft, Round 3, 86th Overall

UNH All-American Goalies:
        Rod Blackburn 1958-61 – NHL Draft began in 1963.
        Cap Raeder 1972-75 – 1973 NHL Draft, Round 12, 167th Overall
        Jeff Levy 1990-92 – 1990 NHL Draft, Round 7, 134th Overall
        Ty Conklin 1997-2001 – Not drafted.
        Mike Ayers 2000-04 – 2000 NHL Draft, Round 6, 177th Overall
        Kevin Regan 2004-08 – 2003 NHL Draft, Round 9, 277th Overall
        Brian Foster 2006-10 – 2005 NHL Draft, Round 5, 161st Overall

One day after the 2015 NHL Draft, the target date for Mike Robinson to enroll at UNH remains either Fall 2016 or Fall 2017. And no, Chris Heisenberg's Recruit spreadsheet - which still has his enrollment date as 2016 or 2017 - is not the only source for this information.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post

One day after the 2015 NHL Draft, the target date for Mike Robinson to enroll at UNH remains either Fall 2016 or Fall 2017. And no, Chris Heisenberg's Recruit spreadsheet - which still has his enrollment date as 2016 or 2017 - is not the only source for this information.
          Congrats to Mike Robinson highest drafted goalie in UNH history!
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Still amazing to me that TC was not drafted.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Still amazing to me that TC was not drafted.
              Pretty sure it was simply due to his age. He didn't really put up great numbers in the USHL, and he was 22 by the time he played a game in college
              UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                Congrats to Mike Robinson highest drafted NHL goalie in UNH history!
                I fixed your post. You know I'm not one to nitpick, but Cap Raeder was drafted 64th overall in the WHA draft
                UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                  I fixed your post. You know I'm not one to nitpick, but Cap Raeder was drafted 64th overall in the WHA draft
                  Thanks!!! Glad you are on top of these things! Didn't even know about the WHA until I saw that special on Derek Sanderson...which is quite interesting I might add. I heard him speak about his drug issues in the early 90's (or late 80's?!?) at the Highway Hotel off 93 in Concord for those who remember the place...

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post

Interesting the only guy (so far) to have an NHL career of any note was the guy who wasn't drafted.

Danny Tirone, take note.
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                      Thanks!!! Glad you are on top of these things! Didn't even know about the WHA until I saw that special on Derek Sanderson...which is quite interesting I might add ...
                      Loved the WHA and the Whalers, but hated what it did to the Bruins. Back then I was a huge B's fan (as was pretty much every kid my age in New England), and Bobby Orr was God on skates to me.

Quit the B's (in anger) the day they let Orr slip away. Of course, in retrospect, there was a lot of stuff we didn't know at the time that led to his departure, and of course his knees were pretty much shot, too.

Not to take this on a total detour, but if anyone doubts the greatness of Orr, you need only look at his stats the last couple of full years he played in Boston - basically on one knee. Jaw dropping. On top of that, he was MVP of the '76 Canada Cup against the Russians, which was his last real moment of glory (the preseason before he moved to Chicago). And even for the pieces of the two partial seasons he did try to play in Chicago, he was still scoring at a point per game pace (26 games, 6 goals, 21 assists), which is more than Zdeno Chara's output for the B's in 63 games last season.

Anyway, enough about Orr. The NBCSN Sanderson special brought back a lot of interesting memories of how things were back in the day. As they used to say ... "Derek (was) unreal". Pretty fair two way player too.
                      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                        Thanks!!! Glad you are on top of these things! Didn't even know about the WHA until I saw that special on Derek Sanderson...which is quite interesting I might add. I heard him speak about his drug issues in the early 90's (or late 80's?!?) at the Highway Hotel off 93 in Concord for those who remember the place...
                        I remember that old Highway Hotel, which sat empty for years because no one wanted to pay for the demolition, which was made expensive because of the massive amount of asbestos in the building complex.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          I remember that old Highway Hotel, which sat empty for years because no one wanted to pay for the demolition, which was made expensive because of the massive amount of asbestos in the building complex.
                          I actually spoke at a conference there in 1987...sometime when I see you I'll tell you what happened too embarrassing to mention here! Sorry C-H-C for hijacking your great thread...Hard to even imagine the place now but I do remember that day! ☺️

Chuck went to see the Whalers while at another convention in Hartford and actually said loud enough for the guys in front of us to hear "Does this team ever get to play the Bruins" which led them to tell me that I should try another sport or something to that effect... This came of course after other notable gaffes like "what they don't play 12 on 12" and Lord knows what
                          else... sighhhhh 😳

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Ah, always the informed poster. I had the honor of demonstrating it was there.
                            Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post

So, returning to some controversy on our previous season thread, I think that only two of these goalies were captains; which two?

Comment

• Per the 6/28 onion loader, which interviewed Robinson, he will play in the USPHL next year "before starting at UNH in the fall of 2016".
                                The Souza record:
                                15-16 10th place
                                16-17 10th place
                                17-18 11th place
                                18-19 8th place
                                19-20 9th place
                                20-21 10th place
                                21-22 9th place
                                22-23 10th place

Comment

Working...
                                X