• Show
Clear All

Re: UNH Recruits: 2012-2016

"UNH Recruits Update: Week 28"
    The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
      Saetia - I wasn't trying to be a wiseazz.
      yes you were hope you are well, looking forward to another trip to The Whitt next year

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        yes you were hope you are well, looking forward to another trip to The Whitt next year
        Hi sterlippo. Looking forward to seeing you at the Whitt as well. Just one game in Durham next year. The final matchup between BC & UNH last January was one of the most competitive, exciting games of the season. From what I could tell, it marked the beginning of Parker Milner's turnaround.

Comment

Hi sterlippo. Looking forward to seeing you at the Whitt as well. Just one game in Durham next year. The final matchup between BC & UNH last January was one of the most competitive, exciting games of the season. From what I could tell, it marked the beginning of Parker Milner's turnaround.
          it was and the whole team's as well. that series and the QF vs UMass were the most difficult of the last 19 games

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            Only if Unh admissions lets you in
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

C-H-C I updated you on my son's former teammate last spring Mason Jobst, here is more from this past season he is an 18 year old 94. Come next season some team is going to scoop this kid up I have a feeling it won't be UNH but I wish it was. This January he was called up to Muskegon Lumberjacks and played till the end of the season. He didn't get much in terms of points on a team that wasn't very good but this is what they wrote about him on the team website:

"Short Stature but Large Impact: Mason Jobst knows that height is not an asset he possesses. However, the 5-foot-7 center makes his hometown of Speedway, Ind., proud with his dynamism on the ice. Jobst quickly endeared himself to Lumberjacks fans after joining the team from its Affiliate List in January, providing a valuable combination of speedy skating and tireless work ethic.

Mason centered Muskegon's "energy line" with Max Shuart and Joe Cox on his wings, giving the club a measure of consistency in the second half of a tumultuous season. While Jobst would've loved to score more (he told me himself), his 10 points in 32 outings was a respectable total for his first extended action at the junior level.

To boot, Jobst, Shuart and Cox all figure to return for their second seasons in the Port City, giving the Jacks a backbone of hard-working forwards to build upon during the upcoming draft and tryout process. Take nothing away from Shuart (Michigan) and Cox (Michigan State), but Jobst was the hub of that high-motor trio."
              Go Cats!

Comment

Hockeydad, so what's the latest on Michael Vechione, will he be getting any offers for next year?

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS. View Post
                  C-H-C I updated you on my son's former teammate last spring Mason Jobst, here is more from this past season he is an 18 year old 94. Come next season some team is going to scoop this kid up I have a feeling it won't be UNH but I wish it was. This January he was called up to Muskegon Lumberjacks and played till the end of the season. He didn't get much in terms of points on a team that wasn't very good but this is what they wrote about him on the team website:

"Short Stature but Large Impact: Mason Jobst knows that height is not an asset he possesses. However, the 5-foot-7 center makes his hometown of Speedway, Ind., proud with his dynamism on the ice. Jobst quickly endeared himself to Lumberjacks fans after joining the team from its Affiliate List in January, providing a valuable combination of speedy skating and tireless work ethic.

Mason centered Muskegon's "energy line" with Max Shuart and Joe Cox on his wings, giving the club a measure of consistency in the second half of a tumultuous season. While Jobst would've loved to score more (he told me himself), his 10 points in 32 outings was a respectable total for his first extended action at the junior level.

To boot, Jobst, Shuart and Cox all figure to return for their second seasons in the Port City, giving the Jacks a backbone of hard-working forwards to build upon during the upcoming draft and tryout process. Take nothing away from Shuart (Michigan) and Cox (Michigan State), but Jobst was the hub of that high-motor trio."
                  Yes Steve - ever since you described Mason Jobst over a year ago, I've kept an eye out for his name. His offensive stats for the half-season in Muskegon are pretty darn good - especially for a senior in high school. The write-up from their website provides more details on how he contributes. Sounds like he responded well to the opportunity to play in the USHL. Should be fun to see how he develops playing with the Lumberjacks from summer camp and into the regular season.

Comment

"UNH Recruits Update: Week 29"

Comment

Your projection of Tyler Kelleher as a 2014 recruit is a littler concerning. I know how you get there, I read the disclaimer.

Hopefully you and the UNH staff aren't of like mind. Kid is the leading scorer both goals and points on the U-17 team, his -11 is a big concern but his shooting percentage is the 3rd leading and the best of anybody with more than 1/2 the games and/or 30 shots.
                      The other concern is 5'6" 147, small! He is already 17 and will be 18 before the end of the 2012-2013 season.

Looks to me like somebody to have on campus Sept 2013. Unless he grows he probably isn't a pro flight risk but get him in before he decides I don't want to play for this coaching staff anymore and heads elsewhere.

Yup - I am getting gun shy on recruits and this coaching staff.
                      "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                        Your projection of Tyler Kelleher as a 2014 recruit is a littler concerning. I know how you get there, I read the disclaimer.

Hopefully you and the UNH staff aren't of like mind. Kid is the leading scorer both goals and points on the U-17 team, his -11 is a big concern but his shooting percentage is the 3rd leading and the best of anybody with more than 1/2 the games and/or 30 shots.
                        The other concern is 5'6" 147, small! He is already 17 and will be 18 before the end of the 2012-2013 season.

Looks to me like somebody to have on campus Sept 2013. Unless he grows he probably isn't a pro flight risk but get him in before he decides I don't want to play for this coaching staff anymore and heads elsewhere.

Not to worry, he will get rejected by UNH admissions anyway.
                        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                          Not to worry, he will get rejected by UNH admissions anyway.
                          I know your tongue is firmly stuffed in your check but that concern crossed my mind. Admissions get a hair across their butt and Kelleher end up at BC, BU maybe even Harvard.
                          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

The primary practical hurdle standing in the way of Tyler Kelleher coming to UNH in the fall of 2013 is his grade level. Last year, he was a freshman at Deerfield Academy. This year, he entered one of the Ann Arbor High Schools as a sophomore. To come to UNH for the 2013-14 season, Kelleher would need to graduate from high school a year ahead of his current schedule. That's certainly a possibility.

I don't underestimate Kelleher's drive to be an NHL player some day. I think he's determined to follow the path of Tyler Ennis and Nathan Gerbe - both undersized, dynamic forwards who were drafted by the Sabres. One concern is that a Canadian Major Junior team might try to entice him to give up his plan of attending UNH.

Comment

The primary practical hurdle standing in the way of Tyler Kelleher coming to UNH in the fall of 2013 is his grade level. Last year, he was a freshman at Deerfield Academy. This year, he entered one of the Ann Arbor High Schools as a sophomore. To come to UNH for the 2013-14 season, Kelleher would need to graduate from high school a year ahead of his current schedule. That's certainly a possibility.
                              Good to hear about the schooling as the hold up. I was looking at the age and assumed a grade, poor form on my part. Was he just a late starter or was he one of those kids that repeated freshman year in the switch from public high school to Deerfield? Anybody know?

I am pretty high on Kelleher as a college player. His numbers look great, he is playing at a high Junior level and frankly he is really small. That combination says to me there is a high probability of a 4 year guy who has a chance to be extremely productive. You just hope his compete level is that of a Saviano with a higher scoring skill level.

Comment

Good to hear about the schooling as the hold up. I was looking at the age and assumed a grade, poor form on my part. Was he just a late starter or was he one of those kids that repeated freshman year in the switch from public high school to Deerfield? Anybody know?

I am pretty high on Kelleher as a college player. His numbers look great, he is playing at a high Junior level and frankly he is really small. That combination says to me there is a high probability of a 4 year guy who has a chance to be extremely productive. You just hope his compete level is that of a Saviano with a higher scoring skill level.
                                In the 2009-10 season, Tyler Kelleher lead Longmeadow (MA) High School to the state finals as a freshman. In Fall 2010, Kelleher enrolled at Deerfield Academy as a freshman. Latest information has Kelleher planning to come to UNH in the fall of 2013.

I saw Kelleher play once while he was at Deerfield and watched him a couple times on line this season with Team USA. He is a high-energy center who is fast and tenacious and has outstanding puck-handling ability.

Comment

Working...
                                X