Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728293031

Thread: UNH Recruits: 2012-2016

Clark-Hislop-Cox

Re: UNH Recruits: 2012-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Lots of "players of the week" must be a good sign, right?
    Since I began doing the "UNH Recruits Update" back in September, 2011, I've chosen a "Player of the Week". By this I mean of all the UNH recruits, the one I think had the most noteworthy accomplishments the previous week. At this point in the season, there are 19 UNH recruits.

The primary junior leagues (e.g., USHL, BCHL, and USPHL) officially name "Players of the Week". Occasionally, the UNH recruit I highlight has also been named "Player of the Week" in the league they play in. When this happens, I point it out in my writeup.

Quote Originally Posted by C-H-C View Post
    Since I began doing the "UNH Recruits Update" back in September, 2011, I've chosen a "Player of the Week". By this I mean of all the UNH recruits, the one I think had the most noteworthy accomplishments the previous week. At this point in the season, there are 19 UNH recruits.

The primary junior leagues (e.g., USHL, BCHL, and USPHL) officially name "Players of the Week". Occasionally, the UNH recruit I highlight has also been named "Player of the Week" in the league they play in. When this happens, I point it out in my writeup.
    Ah, got it; thanks, Mike. But, many of these recruits still seem promising to me at this point.

Clark-Hislop-Cox

Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Ah, got it; thanks, Mike. But, many of these recruits still seem promising to me at this point.
    I think it will be interesting to see which forwards enroll next fall. UNH will lose 4 forwards to graduation - Willows, Camper, Thrush, and Downing. Over the last half-dozen years, the team has carried 14-17 forwards. Three years they've had 15 forwards and this year they have 16.

Of the current recruits, Jason Kalinowski and Christopher Miller are the oldest - they will be 20 years old next season and are projected to enroll next fall. If the coaches decide to replace the 4 departing forwards with 4 recruits, that leaves two other openings.

In terms of points scored to date, Liam Blackburn has 43, Marcus Vela and Brendan van Riemsdyk each have 22, Patrick Grasso has 13 and Ara Nazarian has 7. Assuming UNH doesn't land another top forward recruit who's ready to enroll next fall, it looks like Blackburn, Vela, and BvR are the front runners to be the 2 additional forwards coming next season.

Clark-Hislop-Cox

Clark-Hislop-Cox

"UNH Recruits Update: Dec-16-2014"

Player Spotlight: Jason O'Neill and Joey Cipollone

Thread Information