Coaching vacancies 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching vacancies 2012

Does anyone have the skinny on why Wiley resigned at Colgate? Is he taking another job? Forced out?

Comment

Originally posted by PrincetonFan View Post
      Does anyone have the skinny on why Wiley resigned at Colgate? Is he taking another job? Forced out?
      Have heard that he was forced out due to team's performance. They have been backsliding the last 3 years, getting progressively worse. He had soem good seasons, but this last season was the team's worst in the history of the program, winning percentage-wise.

Comment

Assistant's spot opening at Syracuse

Comment

Originally posted by justducky View Post
          Any word on the Marian opening?
          Talked to Coach Cowan yesterday (he is in Dallas for Girls Tier II Nationals) and he is retiring. The school has had several interviews to replace him.

Comment

Originally posted by NoGo View Post
            Talked to Coach Cowan yesterday (he is in Dallas for Girls Tier II Nationals) and he is retiring. The school has had several interviews to replace him.
            Thanks for the update. I'd really like to see the Marian girls make something of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
              Have heard that he was forced out due to team's performance. They have been backsliding the last 3 years, getting progressively worse. He had soem good seasons, but this last season was the team's worst in the history of the program, winning percentage-wise.
              A few years ago, I heard there were less than 5 scholarships funded at Colgate. It is sort of hard to compete with that type of disparity.

Comment

Originally posted by scrambledlegs View Post
                A few years ago, I heard there were less than 5 scholarships funded at Colgate. It is sort of hard to compete with that type of disparity.
                I can assure you that you heard incorrect information, though you are right that it would be hard to compete if it were true.

Comment

With Troy Jutting fired...er, re-assigned?, from his position as head coach of the men's team, I can't help but wonder if his protege Eric Means will have a run at the position. Perhaps his style of demanding hits (I wonder if there was money offered like in the NFL???) on opposing players surely is more accepted in the men's game. (are there sarcasm tags on this editor?)

Comment

Originally posted by skatefast View Post
                    With Troy Jutting fired...er, re-assigned?, from his position as head coach of the men's team, I can't help but wonder if his protege Eric Means will have a run at the position. Perhaps his style of demanding hits (I wonder if there was money offered like in the NFL???) on opposing players surely is more accepted in the men's game. (are there sarcasm tags on this editor?)
                    I saw that tidbit about Troy "The Whiner" Jutting earlier today and wondered about Means. He belongs as far away from women's hockey as he can get.

Comment

Originally posted by JosephPSchmoe View Post
                      I saw that tidbit about Troy "The Whiner" Jutting earlier today and wondered about Means. He belongs as far away from women's hockey as he can get.
                      Was wondering the same exact thing. But I would prefer that Means would just go away from the college game altogether, as ordering "hits" on opposing players has no place in the college men's game either. Perhaps the Charlestown Chiefs have an opening?
                      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

(are there sarcasm tags on this editor?)
                        Use the " Go Advanced" option during your post creation and/or edit.

Here are your menu options:

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
                        Last edited by OnMAA; 04-02-2012, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                          Use the " Go Advanced" option during your post creation and/or edit.

Here are your menu options:

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
                          Emoticons from smiles just don't cut it for me... I was thinking something along the lines of a middle finger.

Comment

Looks like Colgate posted openings for Head Coach and 2 assistant coach positions on Friday on the NCAA site.

Comment

SNC assistant coach, Jamie Kivi, has been announced as the new head coach at Marian.
                              Good luck, Jamie!!

http://www.d3hockey.com/notables/201...oach-at-marian
                              Last edited by pete99race; 04-04-2012, 01:01 PM.
                              SNC Men:
                              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                              SNC Women:
                              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

With Troy Jutting fired...er, re-assigned?, from his position as head coach of the men's team, I can't help but wonder if his protege Eric Means will have a run at the position.
                                I'm not sure that his track record with the women's program suggests that he'd offer any improvement over Jutting on the men's side. The only time that MSU has played in in a WCHA semi-final was ironically the season where the Mavericks had interim co-head coaches.
                                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Working...
                                X