X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaching vacancies 2012

Originally posted by Hux View Post
    Some
    I was just curious if the Norwich coach is a candidate?

Comment

Originally posted by sharkie View Post
      I was just curious if the Norwich coach is a candidate?
      Yes - top 3.

Comment

Just posted on March 21.

http://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/4708...e-hockey-coach

Comment

Originally posted by 123kidd View Post
          Yes - top 3.
          How can there be a top 3 when they just recently posted the job? Don't they have to wait a little to see what resumes they get?

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
            How can there be a top 3 when they just recently posted the job? Don't they have to wait a little to see what resumes they get?
            No, not really. Job opens (word gets around that a coach resigns/is fired), phones/email lights up, interviews are scheduled/conducted, someone gets hired. Zero point in dragging it out.
            Last edited by Hux; 03-24-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hux View Post
              No, not really. Job opens (word gets around that a coach resigns/is fired), phones/email lights up, interviews are scheduled/conducted, someone gets hired. Zero point in dragging it out.
              I trust your opinion Hux but I am confused by this statement of "top 3" with the job posting just a few days ago. My very limited knowledge of public universities is that they typically have administrative rules that require a job to be posted for a certain length of time and then guarantee interviews for all qualified applicants before they can make any decision. Typically, if my recollection is accurate, that the waiting period is at minimum 10 days after posting the opening but maybe the fact that this a coaching job makes it different? I would be surprised if UVM didn't have specific rules that they have to follow even for coaching positiions (because they are a public institution).
              Last edited by SlewFoot; 03-25-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SlewFoot View Post
                I trust your opinion Hux but I am confused by this statement of "top 3" with the job posting just a few days ago. My very limited knowledge of public universities is that they typically have administrative rules that require a job to be posted for a certain length of time and then guarantee interviews for all qualified applicants before they can make any decision. Typically, if my recollection is accurate, that the waiting period is at minimum 10 days after posting the opening but maybe the fact that this a coaching job makes it different? I would be surprised if UVM didn't have specific rules that they have to follow even for coaching positiions (because they are a public institution).

They are required to post the job publicly, which they've done, and that's about it.

Comment

I said top 3 because I know the NU coach was in contact with UVM before the job was publicly posted. The public posting is most likey just a formality and UVM has 2-3 names that they will go with.

Comment

NU - Northeastern?

or

NU - Niagara?

Comment

Any word on the Marian opening?

Comment

Originally posted by OneTimer View Post
                        NU - Northeastern?

or

NU - Niagara?
                        Norwich

Comment

And him also. Him getting the job would not surprise anyone.

Comment

So..... when the coach resigns at a D1 school like UVM and Colgate, do the recruits he/she signed up usually stay committed to the school or do they often end up elsewhere? I would think that for the 2012-2013 commits they probably stay committed due to how late in the process it is, but what about the 2013-2014 commits? I see on the NAHA website that UVM has at least 1 2013-2014 commit - wouldn't the new coach want to do their own assessment of that player (and player of the coach) especially if the old assistant coaches leave as well?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                              So..... when the coach resigns at a D1 school like UVM and Colgate, do the recruits he/she signed up usually stay committed to the school or do they often end up elsewhere? I would think that for the 2012-2013 commits they probably stay committed due to how late in the process it is, but what about the 2013-2014 commits? I see on the NAHA website that UVM has at least 1 2013-2014 commit - wouldn't the new coach want to do their own assessment of that player (and player of the coach) especially if the old assistant coaches leave as well?
                              Typically, players stay committed. If they've already signed a letter of intent (applied early decision to an Ivy), a change in coaching is not viewed as a basis for undoing that commitment. However, there have been exceptions. I know of one incoming player that applied early decision to Cornell and had been accepted followed Sasner to Wisconsin when she left Cornell. It does happen, but it would be the exception not the norm.
                              Last edited by mattj711; 03-27-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
                                Here's a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QTxh-UBOEQ) that was posted on the NLI website (http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/nli/nli).

Comment

Working...
                                X