Are all of the games Saturday at 2pm?

Does RIT have a webcast?
      RIT is at 2PM
      Norwich at 3PM
      GA at 2PM - CT
      Midd at 7PM

Comment

Re: D3 NCAA Tournament

For everyone complaining about anything they can think of about the Ritter, bottom line is this: If RIT wins Saturday, they've earned the right to be at home...the same could be said for whatever team you are a fan of, had your team had as much success as the Tigers have had this season. It's really quite simple...just win. The rest takes care of itself.

Sure Ritter has its quirks...so do a lot of other rinks. Windows? Yup. And I've stood in exactly the same spot as the goalie from UWS in 2001 did, and if he's saying the glare was an issue, he's full of it. Personally I think he was distracted by their cheerleaders...who the hell brings cheerleaders to a hockey game anyway...you do that and I think you deserve to lose personally. Smaller ice surface? yes. And I think its more of an impact in the men's game than it is the women's game, from all the hockey I have watched there. I am not saying it doesn't occasionally play some very small factor, but its not the factor you see in the men's game. 1 set of bathrooms and 1 concession stand? So what...plan accordingly and you don't miss any of the action.

Like it or not, putting performance aside, RIT can sell out Ritter for a girls frozen 4, even if the men are playing in the Atlantic Tournament downtown. Not many schools could pull that kind of support. And if you look at the other factors, lodging, proximity to airport, etc. Rochester is a pretty good venue. And RIT, whether you want to admit it or not, does a nice job in running their part of the event.

I am hoping RIT gets to host one last DIII frozen four, if it happens, they will have earned it. And it likely will be the last time an RIT hockey team plays at the DIII level, which will be a historic and somewhat bittersweet event. I won't miss the complaining about anything and everything related to RIT that seems to go on, but I will miss some of the rivalry, some of the more relaxed atmosphere, and some of the forum posters from over the years.

Let's have a great first weekend of hockey, and hopefully we'll see your faces in Rochester for the Frozen Four.
        Skate every shift like its your last

Comment

Originally posted by WestsideTigersFan View Post
          For everyone complaining about anything they can think of ...who the hell brings cheerleaders to a hockey game anyway...you do that and I think you deserve to lose personally.
          Having grown up with high school hockey, where cheerleaders were the norm, I've never understood why it is such a difficult concept for so many around the country. Hockey cheerleaders do the same thing that football or basketball cheerleaders do -- lead cheers. More atmosphere at a hockey game is always a good thing.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

if you've ever been to a game at the Ritter, you'd know that atmosphere is never really a problem...

You just don't see cheerleaders in this part of the country for hockey at the high school level, and they are the only team I can think of in the entire time I've been going to games at the Ritter (circa 1982), that has brought cheerleaders.

Comment

Personally I think he was distracted by their cheerleaders...who the hell brings cheerleaders to a hockey game anyway...you do that and I think you deserve to lose personally.
              RIT has it's own hockey cheerleaders. Granted is group of predominately dudes that sit in a corner and yell at opposing players and occasionally cheers the team on.
              RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

For everyone complaining about anything they can think of about the Ritter, bottom line is this: If RIT wins Saturday, they've earned the right to be at home...the same could be said for whatever team you are a fan of, had your team had as much success as the Tigers have had this season. It's really quite simple...just win. The rest takes care of itself.

Sure Ritter has its quirks...so do a lot of other rinks. Windows? Yup. And I've stood in exactly the same spot as the goalie from UWS in 2001 did, and if he's saying the glare was an issue, he's full of it. Personally I think he was distracted by their cheerleaders...who the hell brings cheerleaders to a hockey game anyway...you do that and I think you deserve to lose personally. Smaller ice surface? yes. And I think its more of an impact in the men's game than it is the women's game, from all the hockey I have watched there. I am not saying it doesn't occasionally play some very small factor, but its not the factor you see in the men's game. 1 set of bathrooms and 1 concession stand? So what...plan accordingly and you don't miss any of the action.

Like it or not, putting performance aside, RIT can sell out Ritter for a girls frozen 4, even if the men are playing in the Atlantic Tournament downtown. Not many schools could pull that kind of support. And if you look at the other factors, lodging, proximity to airport, etc. Rochester is a pretty good venue. And RIT, whether you want to admit it or not, does a nice job in running their part of the event.

I am hoping RIT gets to host one last DIII frozen four, if it happens, they will have earned it. And it likely will be the last time an RIT hockey team plays at the DIII level, which will be a historic and somewhat bittersweet event. I won't miss the complaining about anything and everything related to RIT that seems to go on, but I will miss some of the rivalry, some of the more relaxed atmosphere, and some of the forum posters from over the years.

Let's have a great first weekend of hockey, and hopefully we'll see your faces in Rochester for the Frozen Four.
                It's interesting that you say this because I've been to RIT games before (maybe in the late 90's to early 2000's) when they had cheerleaders at the games.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

if you've ever been to a game at the Ritter, you'd know that atmosphere is never really a problem...

You just don't see cheerleaders in this part of the country for hockey at the high school level, and they are the only team I can think of in the entire time I've been going to games at the Ritter (circa 1982), that has brought cheerleaders.
                  I dont know its been pretty quiet the last FOUR times Ive been there ;-)

All kidding aside the Ritter is a great hockey venue and town.

With the FF in Lake Placid....RIT would for sure be a better venue and probably sell more then at Norwich and or Plattsburgh/Middlebury.
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    I dont know its been pretty quiet the last FOUR times Ive been there ;-)

All kidding aside the Ritter is a great hockey venue and town.

With the FF in Lake Placid....RIT would for sure be a better venue and probably sell more then at Norwich and or Plattsburgh/Middlebury.
                    Yo mean Norwich/Amherst and/or Middlebury/Plattsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Plugger View Post
                      Yo mean Norwich/Amherst and/or Middlebury/Plattsburgh
                      No...Amhersts total attendance would be filled in one section of the other rinks....
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        It's interesting that you say this because I've been to RIT games before (maybe in the late 90's to early 2000's) when they had cheerleaders at the games.
                        Yes. Definitely remember cheerleaders, but not regularly. They used to do a very "amusing" ice routine during the intermission. My wife was always disappointed if she went to a game and there was no "cheerleaders on ice" to amuse her.
                        -M

Comment

You have about an hour left to get your entries in for the D3photography.com Bracket Challenge! Deadline for the Men's tournament is 6pm tonight, women's is 1pm Saturday.
                          Ryan Coleman
                          Publisher, d3photography.com
                          Photos: For Purchase
                          Facebook
                          Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            How sure are you on that timeline? Because I have no recollection of them during that time frame, and I asked my wife, who despises cheerleaders and had started to attend games with me at that point in our dating life, if she recalled them and she doesn't either.

Now that I think about it I do remember that the RIT cheerleader squad informally would attend games in the early to mid 90's, often coming over from the gym after a basketball game or randomly showing up on a night where there wasn't another sport being played on campus, but I don't ever remember them being anything close to a regular staple at games and I seem to recall the general reaction to them being kind of lukewarm, and they quietly just kind of disappeared after a very brief run, maybe a year or 2 at most. Thankfully.

Either way, I'm glad to see even some of our biggest rivals acknowledge what a wonderful atmosphere the Ritter provides for hockey, and hopefully the atmosphere just grows when we move into the new rink.

Comment

How sure are you on that timeline?
                              I would have put it in the late 80s / early 90s. And the cheerleaders were not a regular as you suggest.
                              -M

Comment

Yes, I dug out some old photos this morning...would appear that cheerleaders started to appear somewhere around 1988, and disappeared somewhere in the 92 or 93 time frame...since some of the pictures aren't dated, I am going by the uniforms and the players in them, but that would appear to be the time period.

I had totally blocked that out from my memory, and it doesn't look like it was even a full sized squad numbers wise, maybe 5 or 6 at most...

That's a piece of RIT hockey history I'd just as soon forget.

Hoping for 1 more NCAA DIII hockey event at the Ritter....

Comment

Working...
                                X