Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D3 NCAA Tournament

Originally posted by spwood View Post
    That must be the difference between private insurance and the government-run program? Or is it the difference between sue for anything and everything in this country and civilized behavior north of the border....
    Well I can tell you one thing, insurance never enters the mind of a player, a coach or a parent when the game is being played up here. My D has been around the game since she was 5 years old and I have been on the bench or on the practice ice for quite a few of those years. Not once have I been made aware of any player that has been injured that has utilized the available insurance. It's not what we do. It is only an issue with the administrators. Toughness is part of the game.
    ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
      Well I can tell you one thing, insurance never enters the mind of a player, a coach or a parent when the game is being played up here. My D has been around the game since she was 5 years old and I have been on the bench or on the practice ice for quite a few of those years. Not once have I been made aware of any player that has been injured that has utilized the available insurance. It's not what we do. It is only an issue with the administrators. Toughness is part of the game.
      smiley face = sarcasm....I wasn't seriously bringing insurance into the discussion.
      Steve
      Penn State Class of '95
      Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Originally posted by spwood View Post
        That must be the difference between private insurance and the government-run program? Or is it the difference between sue for anything and everything in this country and civilized behavior north of the border....
        U R probably onto something with "Sue" at any chance we get south of the 49th.

Comment

I'm really hoping that reffing this weekend is better than this past weekend. With the RIT/Concordia game the refs were letting too much go, to the point where it easily could of gotten out of hand. It was one of the worst officiated games I've seen.
          RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
            Hmm...interesting...in Canada we tell the kids to suck it up and get off the ice...dont stop the entire game just because you have a litle boo boo...
            Or a broken neck! Oh, wait it isn't my kid. Who cares!
            4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
            SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
              Toughness is part of the game.
              Ya, they should allow checking in the women's game too.

Originally posted by Tweedle Dee View Post
              I'm really hoping that reffing this weekend is better than this past weekend. With the RIT/Concordia game the refs were letting too much go, to the point where it easily could of gotten out of hand. It was one of the worst officiated games I've seen.
              Ya, we certainly don't want the game to get to rough (see comment above) and we don't want the game settle by the player's. After all it is ALL ABOUT THE REFEREE's. I am guessing the officials are like highway patrol, they have quota's they need to meet. Bet the GAC kid has a Brainerd Hat Trick in both games this weekend.
              4 & 20 The All-American Sister's
              SNC 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, & 2018 Mens DIII NCAA Champions & they have Women's Hockey

Comment

The games will be webcast at ncaa.com.

On that note, are there any current or former women's college hockey players who will be in Rochester for the semis and finals this weekend? Could you contact me at sbc@bullpenmedia.com if so? Thanks!

-steve

Comment

Originally posted by 4and20 View Post
                  Ya, they should allow checking in the women's game too.

Ya, we certainly don't want the game to get to rough (see comment above) and we don't want the game settle by the player's. After all it is ALL ABOUT THE REFEREE's. I am guessing the officials are like highway patrol, they have quota's they need to meet. Bet the GAC kid has a Brainerd Hat Trick in both games this weekend.
                  Don't get me wrong I think that the ladies should be able to check but the game was starting to get out of hand. Thankfully RIT kept their heads fairly cool and didn't rise to the baiting but after having the same refs for three games in a row ou would expect the crew to be decent.
                  RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

On FOX News website this morning:

"A person with a gun was reported on campus at the Rochester Institute of Technology on Friday, and students were ordered to stay indoors, the university said.

"Shelter in place and stay indoors. Person allegedly with rifle spotted outside Kate Gleason residence hall," the university said on its website.

The university advised people in the area of the residence hall to stay indoors until further notice."

http://us.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=26048&external=1383889.proteus.fma
                    "Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese." - Joon

Comment

• Re: D3 NCAA Tournament

Originally posted by videohockey View Post
                      On FOX News website this morning:

"A person with a gun was reported on campus at the Rochester Institute of Technology on Friday, and students were ordered to stay indoors, the university said.

"Shelter in place and stay indoors. Person allegedly with rifle spotted outside Kate Gleason residence hall," the university said on its website.

The university advised people in the area of the residence hall to stay indoors until further notice."

http://us.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.htm...89.proteus.fma
                      RIT has sent the all clear...

RIT Alert: All clear. All Safe.

At about 8 a.m. Friday, RIT Public Safety and the Monroe County Sheriff's Office responded to a report from a bus driver of a person who appeared to be carrying a rifle on campus near Nathaniel Rochester Residence Hall. The campus community was alerted and the case was investigated by RIT Public Safety and the Monroe County Sheriff's Office.

After the investigation, it was determined it was NOT a weapon. The student was carrying an umbrella with a Samurai sword handle.

The emergency is over. Everyone is safe.
                      Not sure how you confuse an "umbrella with a samurai sword handle" with an rifle, but better safe than sorry I suppose.
                      Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                      College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                      Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                      Men's Frozen Four 2010
                      Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                      Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Did they check it for laser pointers?
                        Illegitimum non carborundum
                        Cartman: Ma'am, the Crack Baby Athletic Association is a storied institution that was founded over twelve days ago.
                        Cartman:Should I admit I was wrong, ask for everyone's forgiveness and go back to my original team? Nah, screw that, I'm just gonna keep being a d**k.
                        Cartman: Screw you sir, I'm going home.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Kitty View Post
                          Did they check it for laser pointers?
                          Too far west....that's Massachusetts your thinking of...
                          Steve
                          Penn State Class of '95
                          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

The puck drops in a couple of hours, so not withstanding laser pointers and umbrellas, does anyone have thoughts on the games?
                            I saw both Norwich and Plattsburgh last weekend. The Cadets looked pretty awesome in routing Amherst, but it was not much of a test. Plattsburgh showed a lot of toughness falling behind 2-0 on Midd's ice and then seizing the opportunity presented to them to come back and win. The season Plattsburgh-RIT series is 1-1-1, shots are almost identical totals for the 3 games, although RIT did win the ECAC-West title at Ritter. I'm going with the mild upset of the Cardinals over RIT today. For some strange reason I think it is Gustavus' time. Looking back they have had such a lack of success in the NCAAs, they have been such a quality team for so long, have talented players and coaches; it has to be their time sometime. This would of course preclude Norwich going back to back and represent the first time in modern championship history a team fails to win consecutive titles. Just a hunch, but look at what became of my hopes for last weekend...
                            Anyway, Good Luck to all and let the best team win!

Comment

Anybody getting Audio on the broadcast?

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                                Anybody getting Audio on the broadcast?
                                Got Audio, It is very low though.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Working...