Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: D3 NCAA Tournament

Originally posted by obserbear View Post
    . The season Plattsburgh-RIT series is 1-1-1, shots are almost identical totals for the 3 games!
    Still not much to differentiate these two teams. 1-1 going into OT.

Comment

It's hard to imagine all the arena's in DIII-ville that don't broadcast games, and here at Ritter we get slo-mo replay from above the goal nets. What a great production this has been.

Comment

RIT 2 - 1 in OT

Great game!

Comment

It was a great game...except for the goal that was disallowed in the third for Platty. Slow motion replay from overhead shows the puck clearly entering the net long before the net becomes dislodged. the only reason I can think of that it did not count is that teh ref may ahve blown the play dead before the puck crossed the line. But this was clearly a goal...and one that would have defined this game. It's a shame because boeth teams played well throughout with chances at both end of the rink.

My only other comment is about the RIT play by play commentator that was doing the NCAA feed...word of advice to him...learn to recognize TWO teams...not just RIT. You were giggling like a little school girl at the end when RIT scored. And let you colour commentator get a word in once in a while.

Good luck to all teams though...this is shaping up like a great weekend of hockey!

Comment

Originally posted by spike View Post
            It's hard to imagine all the arena's in DIII-ville that don't broadcast games, and here at Ritter we get slo-mo replay from above the goal nets. What a great production this has been.
            I'm sure that has more to do with your D1 men's team than your D3 women's team...remember that RIT didn't even bother webcasting their quarterfinal game last weekend.
            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

It kills me to cheer for Gustavus, but lets go Gusties...Doyle with her 2nd goal of the game...Gusties 2 Norwich 1
              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

2 for kneeing??
                UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                  I'm sure that has more to do with your D1 men's team than your D3 women's team...remember that RIT didn't even bother webcasting their quarterfinal game last weekend.
                  Aren't the men playing downtown?
                  ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Norwich 3, Gustavus 3 - going to OT.

The Gusties will have nearly 2 minutes of power play time when the OT starts.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                      Aren't the men playing downtown?
                      They usually have their games at the RITTER don't they? So the cameras that are set up in the arena would be normally used for the men's games? I don't know if Spike was referring to good cameras for just the NCAA game, or if what we are seeing is normal for RIT as I don't generally watch RIT webcasts.

Going to OT in game 2 as well. Gustavus will have 1:57 of power play as Norwich had two many players on the ice
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                        They usually have their games at the RITTER don't they? So the cameras that are set up in the arena would be normally used for the men's games? I don't know if Spike was referring to good cameras for just the NCAA game, or if what we are seeing is normal for RIT as I don't generally watch RIT webcasts.

Going to OT in game 2 as well. Gustavus will have 1:57 of power play as Norwich had two many players on the ice
                        The men do indeed play at the Ritter and all of the games are tv, always in Rochester and most of the time in other parts of NY. A few years ago they installed cameras over the goals and the center dot. All of the cameras are HD as well.

The men are currently playing downtown as part of the AHA playoffs, which have been in Rochester since 2007.
                        RIT Tigers
                        Boston Bruins

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                          Slow motion replay from overhead shows the puck clearly entering the net long before the net becomes dislodged.
                          Not from what I saw. The puck was not visible at all once Chamberlain started to be pushed into the net -- and I'm sure the officials saw the same thing on the replay. No clear evidence that the puck crossed the goal line.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Norwich 4, Gustavus Adolphus 3 (2OT)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              Norwich 4, Gustavus Adolphus 3 (2OT)

Powers &8^]
                              I think it was only one overtime, right?
                              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                              Men's Frozen Four 2010
                              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                                Not from what I saw. The puck was not visible at all once Chamberlain started to be pushed into the net -- and I'm sure the officials saw the same thing on the replay. No clear evidence that the puck crossed the goal line.

Powers &8^]
                                Look closer then...you see the puck fall onto the back of her leg, the tumble down onto the ice to the goal line, and then she and the puck are pushed into the net...then the net is dislodged. Looked like a good goal to me. But it's all moot now anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X