This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich hockey 2012-2013: Our thread closed before Owsego's

Here is the video clip from WCAX for the Norwich-Castleton 11-1 ECAC East Final

http://www.wca*****/story/17074292/c...cac-east-title

Comment

Originally posted by AldenPartridge1819 View Post
      Which is a perfect example of how deep Norwich is. All three of those guys would be in the top six on nearly every other team.
      Norwich's depth has certainly been a large factor in its success this year. I have said this since the beginning of the year. The Cadets are four lines strong and can roll them all game. They already have seven players with 10 or more goals this year and Duszynski is only one away from making it eight. That's impressive spread out scoring.

Obviously NU has its studs with Cotnoir, Thomas and Janke. But, IMHO the key to the success of this team this year has been the play of Gorman, Mulvey, Allan, Lindensmith, etc. Norwich has battled through a horde of injuries so far this year and is still battling them. Many key players in the lineup have missed mutiple games, especially on defense.

The depth on defense is even more impressive as you said. Fulton, Gour and Gatien are all capable hockey players and will be counted on big time next year with the departure of Baker, Carpino and Kozhokin.
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Saw this post in the previous thread that was closed and wanted to address it.

Currier was recruited as a defenseman from the Green Mountain Glades but made the transition to forward for much of this season and played very well IMHO.

He is now back playing his normal position.

As for why the three you mentioned aren't playing...can't answer that one. You'd have to ask Coach McShane on that.
        Thanks Prez. I finally decided that no one with the answer had seen my post so I called someone who I thought would know last Friday and got the same answer you gave me. Makes sense to me, and based on what I saw of Gatien, Gour and Fulton last year and some of this one, we definitely do have some solid depth at defense.

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Norwich's depth has certainly been a large factor in its success this year. I have said this since the beginning of the year. The Cadets are four lines strong and can roll them all game. They already have seven players with 10 or more goals this year and Duszynski is only one away from making it eight. That's impressive spread out scoring.

Obviously NU has its studs with Cotnoir, Thomas and Janke. But, IMHO the key to the success of this team this year has been the play of Gorman, Mulvey, Allan, Lindensmith, etc. Norwich has battled through a horde of injuries so far this year and is still battling them. Many key players in the lineup have missed mutiple games, especially on defense.

The depth on defense is even more impressive as you said. Fulton, Gour and Gatien are all capable hockey players and will be counted on big time next year with the departure of Baker, Carpino and Kozhokin.
          Prez, it's always been that way. Some of the fourth liners we have had through the years would have been impact players on most other DIII teams. The blue collar work ethic of some of the guys who don't get into every game, but are always ready to play when needed is impressive.

You can never have too many capable D-men. The fact that when one of top guys is out guys like the aforementioned threesome can step in and do the job is one of the real keys to success. This team was built from the back. One reason why the offense can be so free wheeling is that there is a lot of confidence in the D and the goalies. It's a whole lot easier to forecheck two or three guys below the goal line when you've got guys like Pasha and Baker back manning the points.
          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

prez, I see tickets are online but only a verry few seats. Are they goin to have more seats avaliable later this week?

Comment

Season ticket holders have until Thursday to purchase their playoff tickets. We will release unsold tickets at that time. Some ticket holders are notifying us that they do not want their tickets, we release them for purchase immediately. The NCAA rule is that we must reserve 212 of our seats for the visiting team. Once we know how many they want, if it is lower than the 212 we will release the balance. The long and short of it is you should keep checking.

Originally posted by wickfan View Post
              prez, I see tickets are online but only a verry few seats. Are they goin to have more seats avaliable later this week?
              Last edited by CROSBYNU63; 03-06-2012, 10:24 AM.
              Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
                Season ticket holders have until Thursday to purchase their playoff tickets. We will release unsold tickets at that time. Some ticket holders are notifying us that they do not want their tickets, we release them for purchase immediately. The NCAA rule is that we must reserve 212 of our seats for the visiting team. Once we know how many they want, if it is lower than the 212 we will release the balance. The long and short of it is you should keep checking.
                Can't have mine

Comment

Before insulting the Lakers please spell OSWEGO correctly. Thanks.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    Before insulting the Lakers please spell OSWEGO correctly. Thanks.
                    All Owsego's fans do is whine about soft ice, winning 4-2 instead of 6-1, having to pay for tickets, all they do is is say Ow - glad you noticed (Please note, this rant was made in the spirit of fun, not malicious ranting as some Plattsburg fans do WRT Owsego )

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      All Owsego's fans do is whine about soft ice, winning 4-2 instead of 6-1, having to pay for tickets, all they do is is say Ow - glad you noticed (Please note, this rant was made in the spirit of fun, not malicious ranting as some Plattsburg fans do WRT Owsego )
                      Sounds like your typical Dartmouth bully
                      Larry Normandin
                      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I finally figured out why they call themselves Wick, they don't like the letter "H" !

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                          I finally figured out why they call themselves Wick, they don't like the letter "H" !
                          I've been here since 1980, and I still don't know why that is...It falls into one of those things we seem to say at Norwich a lot "we've always done it that way."

(BTW - I do know how to spell Plattsburg, but as long as I was picking on Owsego, ... )

Comment

I've been here since 1980, and I still don't know why that is...It falls into one of those things we seem to say at Norwich a lot "we've always done it that way."

(BTW - I do know how to spell Plattsburg, but as long as I was picking on Owsego, ... )
                            Actually Plattsburg(h) used to be that way. It is carved in stone on City Hall!

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Prof, I'm not like typical Oz fans. I've followed them since 99-00. I know about their days when they couldn't get win titles and struggled getting into the finals. I know there are some fans that get unhappy when they don't win by 5 or 6 goals.

(And yes I understand that the rant is all in fun. So was my retort.)
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I started at Norwich in 1952 and have never heard of Wick until recently. My grandson is a freshman and has no idea where it came from. In fact, I don't know any Norwich grad who does. By the way, I asked him who was NU's big rival and he immediately said it was Caselton.

I think Derrick is right, the big rival is a generational conception. To me it will always be Middlebury. I didn't even know Rutland had a college in the nifty fifties.

NU56

NU56
                                Old Member
                                Maybe the Oldest

Comment

Working...
                                X