This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Norwich hockey 2012-2013: Our thread closed before Owsego's

I will say that I was pleasantly surprised that CSC didn't go into goon mode in the 3rd....I will say I told you guys CSC was on the down swing....I knew Norwich was going to win by at least 5 last night.....My pick-em score of 6-0 was generous....

Comment

Parker was getting cold just standing around

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
      11-1? Wow. I thought that was a misprint. Why did Norwich change goalies after 8 minutes though?
      Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

At the end of the first period Puck Voice said, during the NSN broadcast, that "we had witnessed perhaps the most flawless period of hockey that Norwich had played all season." Obviously, all the superlatives heaped on the Cadets about the entire game only echo George's first observation. Wow that is what I will always remember about the Cadets in this game.

But then George made an equally insightful observation near the close of the game when he said, “I almost feel sorry for Casteton.” However, a moment later after two CSC players were jamming Colin Mulvey (I believe) who was down on the ice and up against the boards... George then added, “I take back what I said a moment ago about feeling sorry for Castleton.” That added to their goalie drawing a un-sportsman like penalty while Dough Lindensmit (I believe) was also down--sums up exactly how I will always remember CSC in this game--pity that evolved into anger.

Maybe no DIII team could have stopped the freight train that skated for Norwich last night. However that does not excuse Castleton because while they can point to the polls or season scoring, power play, and defensive stats—they just cannot get past the penalty box when up against quality. For example in back to back loses to Plattsburg--CSC drew 48 minutes of penalties.

During the season CSC killed 86.3% of all penalties against all opponents. However--and I am not sure this is important -- 8 of the 21 goals NU has scored against CSC in our three games this season have been power play goals. Doesn't 8 goals based on 24 penalties translates into a penalty kill percentage of 66%? I stand corrected if I am wrong in this comparison as stats are not my forte. Or maybe it is too isolated a fact or detracts from NU's own superb power play statistics to be relevant

Bottom line? CSC has been weight, measured and found wanting three times this season by Norwich—and now it is time to move on a focus on the next game. Roll on Cadets...roll on!
        Old Rook NU'66--Roll On Cadets
        Organized crime in America takes in over forty billion dollars a year and spends very little on office supplies.

Comment

Heard that Lindensmith was injured during the game. Foot?
          The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Skate cut his foot, should be ok

Originally posted by peddler View Post
            Heard that Lindensmith was injured during the game. Foot?
            Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
              Skate cut his foot, should be ok
              Good news.
              The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Great game by the Cadets last night. Would have given anything to be their in person tonight, unfortunately still at UNH and not able to get home for the weekend. Spring break is the same week as Norwich's however and where most students will be flying south for a nice vacation on the beach I will hopefully be following Norwich back to Lake Placid.

Great feed by NSN last night, I only experienced a couple of minor freezes but was able to watch the game error free for the most part. I was in awe of the speed and precision of Norwich last night. I don't think I have seen that much dominance in a very long time, the Cadets game plan worked to perfection and they stuck with it until the end. Was very proud of the Cadets at not giving into Castleton's efforts to turn the game into a slugging match. I know Norwich reacted a bit to some of the cheap shots but I believe you have to do a bit to stand up for yourself and your teammates. After the hit on Mulvey (when he was down on his knees defenseless against the boards and was still gone into hard, smashing his head into the boards) I was worried it would turn ugly and that a brawl might occur. Was extremely proud that Norwich didn't give into any of it, as that is what Castleton would have wanted. As a guy that has played a lot of sports and watched a good amount, I know a hit like that can be a point where a game unravels and players stop using their heads and look for revenge. Great to see the Cadets stand above Castleton in play and class. Great day to be a Norwich fan! Looking forward to being present for the rest of the road to the frozen four in Lake Placid.
                Last edited by KreitzbergKrazy; 03-04-2012, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  There was a lot of chippy dirty stuff going on behind the play that you must have missed. Not to mention that little contretemps that happened at the start of the third period. I didn't feel bad for Castleton for exactly that reason. They didn't clean up their act. They came out good, we rang up 3 quick goals and they gave up. I'm not sure why Todd kept changing goalies. It wasn't the goalies' fault. The last 10 minutes or so, except for the fourth line, which kept digging the Cadets were just trying to keep the clock moving and stay away from trouble. I think if they hadn't done that, the scene could have gotten ugly. My biggest fear was that somebody on Castleton would start something that would lead to a brawl and having to sit somebody out next week.
                  I stand corrected, unfortunately. I did not see a lot of what you and others described but I did catch the Lindensmith incident and another hit after the whistle. Guess I was trying to make a cloud into a rainbow, maybe after all is said and done, "the best team won". And the best team had the most class and restraint.
                  There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

Home against the winner of Wentworth/Plymouth at 7pm next Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by 17'sfanNU View Post
                      I stand corrected, unfortunately. I did not see a lot of what you and others described but I did catch the Lindensmith incident and another hit after the whistle. Guess I was trying to make a cloud into a rainbow, maybe after all is said and done, "the best team won". And the best team had the most class and restraint.
                      Norwich's restraint was admirable. I have not seen such a dominant performance by Norwich since the Aucoin teams. I think somewhere I said they played like they could have beaten the Bruins. I hope they don't let down next week.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                        Plus, we have a Conference Championship, and Oswego????.... not so much.
                        Oswego's original thread has MORE posts than yours
                        Larry Normandin
                        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                          Oswego's original thread has MORE posts than yours
                          We did beat them to 1,000 though - I made post number 1,000 myself.

Comment

I'll have to research for a link, but I believe that is CHEATING!!!!
                            Larry Normandin
                            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

With a 4 month and a 127 post head start CONGRADULATIONS none-the-less.
                              93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                              2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                              2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
                                With a 4 month and a 127 post head start CONGRADULATIONS none-the-less.
                                We aren't Middlebury, so the "congradulations" taunt doesn't work
                                We don't care, we won fair and square. We never posted about basketball either.

Comment

Working...
                                X