This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich hockey 2012-2013: Our thread closed before Owsego's

I was surprised to see this : http://oakland.pucksystems2.com/page...ats-2010-2011- (check the second commitment listed.)

I'm sure this is old news to some of you Norwich folks, but I didn't see it mentioned in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
      I was surprised to see this : http://oakland.pucksystems2.com/page...ats-2010-2011- (check the second commitment listed.)

I'm sure this is old news to some of you Norwich folks, but I didn't see it mentioned in this thread.
      Dough Lindensmith going to a ACHA is a big suprise to me too. Maybe someone can correct me but I have always been under the impression that the ACHA is not that strong a league at least in comparision for D1 and D3. Last year he was one of Norwich's key forwards and probable would of scored more if not for an injury. It will be interesting to see what forwards Norwich adds this year.
      2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
      2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
        Dough .
        Larry Normandin
        SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
        WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Norm I know Plattsburgh often loses a few good players year to year but over the years I can not remember too many key players leaving Norwich. But over the last couple of years a few players have left. We have Dartmouth coming up in about 4 months too.
          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

Dough Lindensmith going to a ACHA is a big suprise to me too. Maybe someone can correct me but I have always been under the impression that the ACHA is not that strong a league at least in comparision for D1 and D3. Last year he was one of Norwich's key forwards and probable would of scored more if not for an injury. It will be interesting to see what forwards Norwich adds this year.
            Doug left Norwich for personal reasons unrelated to hockey.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Yeah, to be honest I figured it wasn't hockey related. When you read the kids quote on the commitments page is doesn't really sound like he's especially stoked to be there.

The only reason I saw that is because I was surprised to see Oklahoma on Penn State's schedule this season. That got me looking into some of the top ACHA D1 teams websites. I don't care how much the level of play has improved in that league, it will never compare with NCAA hockey at any level. At least not until they stop writing coaches bios like this : http://www.ouhockey.com/staff.html

Advertising that your head coach was THE most Bush dude in one of the most Bush leagues in all of hockey seems a little weird to me (and rather discrediting in general.)

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                Doug left Norwich for personal reasons unrelated to hockey.
                Happens all the time. Good players (and good people) have been known to leave for various reasons. That's one of the pluses or minuses that goes with following D3 hockey. The players, by and large, are not there solely for hockey. As a recent couple of examples, the Schroeder twins left Norwich for personal reasons unrelated to hockey, although I think Scott's troublesome knees were somewhat related to hockey.
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Norm I know Plattsburgh often loses a few good players year to year but over the years I can not remember too many key players leaving Norwich. But over the last couple of years a few players have left. We have Dartmouth coming up in about 4 months too.
                  It is often hincensing when key players leave, for whatever reason, for example, I still wonder what Pier-Luc Belanger could have brought to the Cardinals.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

• WDEV-FM Question

My car displays the name of a radio station, if the broadcast includes the digital information. I just noticed that a station near Elmira is 96.1, but the label says WDEV-FM which are not the call letters of the local station!? By chance is WDEV on 96.1, and could my car have picked up that signal while we were in Northfield this past season?

Comment

• Re: WDEV-FM Question

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                      My car displays the name of a radio station, if the broadcast includes the digital information. I just noticed that a station near Elmira is 96.1, but the label says WDEV-FM which are not the call letters of the local station!? By chance is WDEV on 96.1, and could my car have picked up that signal while we were in Northfield this past season?
                      WDEV FM is 96.1

Comment

Yup WDEV is the Norwich flagship station at 550 AM and 96.1 FM .... thanks for listening!

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                          Yup WDEV is the Norwich flagship station at 550 AM and 96.1 FM .... thanks for listening!
                          I already answer him - give the guy from the REAL West a chance to answer (as opposed to the (mid)West)

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                            Pretty sad when you seemingly drive off the edge of the earth, and the radio stations are more techno-current than those in counties with a 30% larger population. {shaking head slowly} So exactly when did NY fall to the bottom of the technological abyss? Must be RIT's fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                              Must be RIT's fault.
                              Bazinga! Haven't heard it in awhile but still funny every time.
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by elbojpb View Post
                                Pretty sad when you seemingly drive off the edge of the earth, and the radio stations are more techno-current than those in counties with a 30% larger population. {shaking head slowly} So exactly when did NY fall to the bottom of the technological abyss? Must be RIT's fault.
                                The same can be said for some of the radio stations out here. Actually Vermont is pretty technologically advanced relative to the rest of the country in many ways. For example, this morning I had to go to McDonald's to get internet connectivity for an on-line course that I am teaching because my ISP has been down for 18 hours and their phone has a recorded message which says "we know that service is compromised in your area." McDonald's ATT service works. That's where I am right now

Comment

Working...
                                X