This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich hockey 2012-2013: Our thread closed before Owsego's

I heard this on Dan Patrick this AM (so it must be true)

Long Ding, a kicker from Norwich University was drafted/or invited to camp by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Great name for a kicker, (and other things...)

Comment

• Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
      I heard this on Dan Patrick this AM (so it must be true)

Long Ding, a kicker from Norwich University was drafted/or invited to camp by the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Great name for a kicker, (and other things...)
      He was not drafted. He is a undrafted camp invitee. Still very cool though!
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Prez now that Plymouth has been invited to the Pathfinder tournament what do you think of the possibility of Norwich picking up Plymouth on the schedule. It would be a great home and away game since Plymouth is so easy to get to. With Plymouth´s new rink and tradition in having good athletic teams should point to continued improvement in the hockey program. With the Plymouth coach coming from Northfield a game could generate a fair amount of interest plus Plymouth did very well in the NCAA´s last year.
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
          Prez now that Plymouth has been invited to the Pathfinder tournament what do you think of the possibility of Norwich picking up Plymouth on the schedule. It would be a great home and away game since Plymouth is so easy to get to. With Plymouth´s new rink and tradition in having good athletic teams should point to continued improvement in the hockey program. With the Plymouth coach coming from Northfield a game could generate a fair amount of interest plus Plymouth did very well in the NCAA´s last year.
          Who knows what the future holds....

It is a close game proximity wise and we'll see how Plymouth does over the next few years. After seeing them play Wentworth, they've still got a little ways to go to be able to be competitive night in and night out against top 10 quality teams.
          Last edited by PrezdeJohnson09; 05-01-2012, 12:43 PM.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Who knows what the future holds....

It is a close game proximity wise and we'll see how Plymouth does over the next few years. After seeing them play Wentworth, they've still got a little ways to go to be able to be competitive night in and night out against top 10 quality teams.
            I don't see any home and home series unless the DII's get dumped. There is no opening, and who would give up a Middlebury or Plattsburgh game for it? Hawk should spend more time in Plymouth and Castleton and less in Northfield.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
              I don't see any home and home series unless the DII's get dumped. There is no opening, and who would give up a Middlebury or Plattsburgh game for it? Hawk should spend more time in Plymouth and Castleton and less in Northfield.
              How many times do we need to explain that there is exactly one discretionary game in Norwich's schedule, given traditional games against Platty and Midd, four tournament games and an 18 game league schedule. That makes 24 games.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                How many times do we need to explain that there is exactly one discretionary game in Norwich's schedule, given traditional games against Platty and Midd, four tournament games and an 18 game league schedule. That makes 24 games.
                Apparently we can never explain enough.............

Denver eh? LoDo is a great place to go before or after a Rockies game.
                Go 'Wick!

Comment

Isn´t the ECAC E the only league with D2 teams encluded. It woud be great to have more games to schedule some NESCAC schools and teams like Plymouth. In reference to Plymouth it would of been nice to have them invited to the Norwich holiday tournament since the coach is from Northfield.
                  2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                  2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                    Apparently we can never explain enough.............

Denver eh? LoDo is a great place to go before or after a Rockies game.
                    Already in the plans...

Comment

I think surprisingly this hasn't been mentioned yet but Keith Aucoin tallied his second point of the Stanley Cup Playoffs Monday night when he assisted on Washington's first goal in a 3-2 win over the Rangers in Game 2 to help the Capitals level the series at one game apiece.

You can continue to follow all of the articles featuring Keith in a compiled list on the Norwich Athletics Website here:

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...ayoffs_4-20-12
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        I think surprisingly this hasn't been mentioned yet but Keith Aucoin tallied his second point of the Stanley Cup Playoffs Monday night when he assisted on Washington's first goal in a 3-2 win over the Rangers in Game 2 to help the Capitals level the series at one game apiece.

You can continue to follow all of the articles featuring Keith in a compiled list on the Norwich Athletics Website here:

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...ayoffs_4-20-12
                        That was a really sweet passing play. Nice play by the fourth line of the caps.

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                          That was a really sweet passing play. Nice play by the fourth line of the caps.
                          That fourth line has been the lifeblood of the Caps in the postseason.

Mix in Chimera too and they have really been impact players in Washington's success.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Here's an interview with Norwich alum Nikita Kashirsky '09 talking about coming off a career-best season with the Gwinett Gladiators of the ECHL. He scored 16 goals and notched 33 assists for 49 points in 64 games. He also scored two goals in four postseason games.

GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Pierre Mcguire just,early 1st period, gave Aucion, Norwich,D3 and coach Mcshane a nice plug....

Comment

Great OT Shift for Keith vs Rangers ... stilll tied 1-1

Comment

Working...
                                X