This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich hockey 2012-2013: Our thread closed before Owsego's

I understand that the opportunities are few.....but they could do it. Why play Dartmouth?? Although interesting, it has no bearing on anything in DIII. The Lakers seem to welcome all comers (SNC, Adrian, etc), but I'd bet they would be open to a annual game with the Cadets on a rotating basis. At a quick glance, they have not played since 2003!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
      Lots of people on here don't seem to understand why a regular season game between the two doesn't just materialize out of thin air. I was afraid you were jumping into your Oswego mindset and forgetting about Norwich reality. Just trying to look out for your best interests here
      I appreciate that and I know the circumstances. With the breaking of the interlock, Norwich has one game to play around with every season. Last year it was Dartmouth. I don't know who the plan is for this year yet but once the schedule is public you'll obviously all be the first ones to know
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
        Steve is correct but since it's Friday and I'm feeling like a nice guy. Here ya go hawk, special for you.

PrimeLink Tournament
        @Norwich University, Northfield, Vt.

Norwich, Middlebury, Plattsburgh, St. Thomas.
        Norwich will play St. Thomas.

Northfield Savings Bank Holiday Tournament
        @Norwich University, Northfield, Vt.

Norwich, UMass-Dartmouth, Conn. College, Neumann.

Prez that for the schedules, much appreciated. I glad Norwich hockey is back on track after the loss to St. Norbert.

fter th
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

It was never OFF track.
          Go 'Wick!

Comment

• Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
            I understand that the opportunities are few.....but they could do it. Why play Dartmouth?? Although interesting, it has no bearing on anything in DIII. The Lakers seem to welcome all comers (SNC, Adrian, etc), but I'd bet they would be open to a annual game with the Cadets on a rotating basis. At a quick glance, they have not played since 2003!!!!
            Last time they played was 2007 in the NCAA quarterfinals. Oswego stormed out of the gate with three first period goals and then held on for the 3-0 shutout win over Norwich.

Oswego went on to win the national championship.

I was a sophomore at Oswego at the time and it was the first year of the campus center.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Good stuff in the Washington Post from Caps head coach Dale Hunter as to why Keith Aucoin has been seeing so much time on the power play:

— Hunter on why Keith Aucoin received 4:01 of power-play ice time in Game 6:

“He’s a good power-play guy,” Hunter said. “He knows where the open guys are. He created quite a few chances last night. Our power play moved it around pretty well and he was a big part of it.”

Aucoin, the 33-year-old forward who was recalled from Hershey in February, skated more time on the man advantage Sunday than Alexander Semin (3:07). The Caps had eight minutes of power play time in the game.

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Wednesday night is a Win - Win situation Either more Keith or more B's

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
                Good stuff in the Washington Post from Caps head coach Dale Hunter as to why Keith Aucoin has been seeing so much time on the power play:

— Hunter on why Keith Aucoin received 4:01 of power-play ice time in Game 6:

“He’s a good power-play guy,” Hunter said. “He knows where the open guys are. He created quite a few chances last night. Our power play moved it around pretty well and he was a big part of it.”

Aucoin, the 33-year-old forward who was recalled from Hershey in February, skated more time on the man advantage Sunday than Alexander Semin (3:07). The Caps had eight minutes of power play time in the game.
                Steve Day(NU71)
                Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                  Thanks for sharing

Wednesday night is a Win - Win situation Either more Keith or more B's
                  The former is much preferable to the latter. No more having to watch Tim Thomas either
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I've never understood the love for the Bruins by Vermonters,(and I was born and brought up in Vermont). If you are west of the Green Mountains, you're closer to New York,(or Montreal), than you are to Boston. Now that I live in the south, I'm for the Cap's.(and Keith)....;-)
                    Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                      I've never understood the love for the Bruins by Vermonters,(and I was born and brought up in Vermont). If you are west of the Green Mountains, you're closer to New York,(or Montreal), than you are to Boston. Now that I live in the south, I'm for the Cap's.(and Keith)....;-)
                      Actually from Mass
                      Only lived in VT since finishing school in Januuary 1971
                      Thus a Bruins Fan
                      Wouldn't mind seeing Keith score a Goal though
                      Steve Day(NU71)
                      Go Cadets

Comment

I'm from east side, and always been a Canadiens fan (so you know my opinion of the Bruin. A view that was not helped when it appeared to me that the Bruins screwed Keith over.).

However, I rooted for the Bruins when Simonetti played. I did follow the P-Bruins. But now, Go Caps, Go!!!!!!!
                        Go 'Wick!

Comment

Buy a piece of history...

http://compare.ebay.com/like/2510422...Types&var=sbar

Comment

Well looks like you guys will have a little more Aucion time

Comment

Yes,....yes we will......
                              Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Yes,....yes we will......
                                I've reached the end of my actively rooting for Aucoin line...Broadway Blueshirts true and through!
                                GO LAKERS!!!
                                Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                                X