X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich hockey 2012-2013: Our thread closed before Owsego's

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Norwich men's hockey freshman forward Nevin Lawler will be featured on the 6 p.m. WCAX-Channel 3 sports segment tonight. Nevin is the brother of USA women's national team member Erika Lawler, who just recently won a silver medal in Burlington last night at the 2012 IIHF Women's Hockey World Championships.

Tune in for the news to see Ashley Chase's story on the Lawlers!
    Great story on the Lawler's
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
      Great story on the Lawler's
      Agreed. I was hoping one of the news stations would pick up this story. I put it in Nevin's bio on the website that he was Erika's sister (mind you, he convienently left that out of his bio, but I felt it was a necessary add ) and then I pitched it to them hoping someone would nibble. Thankfully Ashley caught on. WCAX did an excellent job covering the entire world championships.

You can view the story here:
      http://www.wca*****/story/17456846/family-law-ler
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

http://audio.weei.com/a/55444020/was...q=keith+aucoin

^^interview with Keith Aucoin that aired on WEEI this morning talking about Norwich a little bit and him making his first Stanley Cup Playoff appearance.
        GO LAKERS!!!
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          http://audio.weei.com/a/55444020/was...q=keith+aucoin

^^interview with Keith Aucoin that aired on WEEI this morning talking about Norwich a little bit and him making his first Stanley Cup Playoff appearance.
          Thanks for sharing link
          Enjoyed
          Steve Day(NU71)
          Go Cadets

Comment

Keith certainly doesn't look out of place in the playoffs. Heart and hustle, all the time. I hope his success continues.
            Go 'Wick!

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
              Keith certainly doesn't look out of place in the playoffs. Heart and hustle, all the time. I hope his success continues.
              +1
              GO LAKERS!!!
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by jerrynu26 View Post
                Dale Hunter seems to have taken a real liking to Keith. He's getting playing time over established veterans like Mike Knuble and Jeff Halpern. He was Alexander Semin's decoy on the power play last night that resulted in the winning goal versus the Bruins and had an assist on that goal. The fact that he was on the ice for that critical power play (with the Caps two Alexes) is telling in itself.
                Last edited by d3follower; 04-20-2012, 08:29 AM.

Comment

He got 9:28 mins of even up ice time and 2:29 mins of PP time pretty D++n good,, and the assist on the goal, also a short clip on the AOL/ AP sports website.....I really have to learn how to link
                  Last edited by bakdraft21; 04-20-2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
                    Dale Hunter seems to have taken a real liking to Keith. He's getting playing time over established veterans like Mike Knuble and Jeff Halpern. He was Alexander Semin's decoy on the power play last night that resulted in the winning goal versus the Bruins and had an assist on that goal. The fact that he was on the ice for that critical power play (with the Caps two Alexes) is telling in itself.
                    He would have gotten an assist early in the game too if Dennis Wideman could have finished on the wide open net. Keith made a great pass to the weak side from behind the net to a cutting Wideman, but he missed on the shot after hesitating just a moment to allow Thomas to atleast get a look at the shot even though he still wasn't completely ready for it.
                    GO LAKERS!!!
                    Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by d3follower View Post
                      Be interesting to see if Keith is going to get any PP time in the next game. It looks like he was taking Backstrom's role on the PP while he served his suspension. Keith did look very good - even after all these years it seems funny seeing Keith wearing a number other than 5.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Prez can you give us an idea of the teams that will participate in both the Primelink and Holiday tournaments. I am sure the schedule is set for the games.
                        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                          Prez can you give us an idea of the teams that will participate in both the Primelink and Holiday tournaments. I am sure the schedule is set for the games.
                          Prez already posted this info awile ago See Holiday Tournament Thread started by Prez
                          Steve Day(NU71)
                          Go Cadets

Comment

http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...ayoffs_4-20-12

^Here is a list I compiled of all stories on Keith Aucoin that I could find since the playoffs started.
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                              Originally posted by Steve Day View Post
                              Prez already posted this info awile ago See Holiday Tournament Thread started by Prez
                              Steve is correct but since it's Friday and I'm feeling like a nice guy. Here ya go hawk, special for you.

PrimeLink Tournament
                              @Norwich University, Northfield, Vt.

Norwich, Middlebury, Plattsburgh, St. Thomas.
                              Norwich will play St. Thomas.

Northfield Savings Bank Holiday Tournament
                              @Norwich University, Northfield, Vt.

Norwich, UMass-Dartmouth, Conn. College, Neumann.
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

I sure wish Norwich and Oswego would make an effort to play each other once in awhile. Its a shame that these two powerhouses manage to avoid playing. Not whining, but my Cardinals can play these 2 teams 5 or 6 times in a given season. Sure there must be an opening on both skeds every so often??

Comment

Working...
                                X