X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Norwich hockey 2012-2013: Our thread closed before Owsego's

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
    NCAA.com I'm sure Norm or somebody will provide the link.
    I suppose this wouldn't be a good place to look - definitely not here.
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Just booked my tickets at the senior rate of $20. for the weekend and made reservations at a low cost lodging place so the weekend will not break the budget. I have to leave a little money for a steak dinner in town. At the time I made reservations they couldn't tell me the different team locations so I just picked the best seat available. But the senior rate of $20.00 plus a $5.00 processing fee is very affordable. The reservation line was full so its best to wait on a speaker phone.

With Plattsburgh out of the tournament are the numbers going to be down this year? I bet Amherst is not going to have many fans at the game.
      2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
      2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
          Just booked my tickets at the senior rate of $20. for the weekend and made reservations at a low cost lodging place so the weekend will not break the budget. I have to leave a little money for a steak dinner in town. At the time I made reservations they couldn't tell me the different team locations so I just picked the best seat available. But the senior rate of $20.00 plus a $5.00 processing fee is very affordable. The reservation line was full so its best to wait on a speaker phone.

With Plattsburgh out of the tournament are the numbers going to be down this year? I bet Amherst is not going to have many fans at the game.
          Does this mean you are finally going to pay off your bet with Charlie?

Comment

Originally posted by oldguard View Post
            Does this mean you are finally going to pay off your bet with Charlie?
            I will definitely make the trip to watch that!!!

Maybe here.
            Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I will definitely make the trip to watch that!!!

Maybe here.
              Norm I am retired not a hedge fund manager from NYC and haven't got my IRS refund back yet. My trip to Lake Placid is low budget. Prices were Clam Chowder $7., Smoked trout spread $9. (whatever that is), and 10 oz sirlon $25. You would be lucky to get out of there for under $100 for two. Do you go there when you go to Lake Placid. There are a couple of cheap restuarants/pizza places in town up the streat from the center that I go too.

Comment

Norm I am retired not a hedge fund manager from NYC and haven't got my IRS refund back yet. My trip to Lake Placid is low budget. Prices were Clam Chowder $7., Smoked trout spread $9. (whatever that is), and 10 oz sirlon $25. You would be lucky to get out of there for under $100 for two. Do you go there when you go to Lake Placid. There are a couple of cheap restuarants/pizza places in town up the streat from the center that I go too.
                You could buy someone a 8oz Angus Top Sirloin for $14.95 here

Or check-out all the Lake Placid Menu's here.

You should make bets with Prez, he likes tube steaks
                Last edited by norm1909; 03-12-2012, 01:00 PM.
                Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I was in LP this past Saturday. We ate at the HOJO food bar. ($9.95) Not gourmet by any means, but good for the money and plenty of choices.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                    I was in LP this past Saturday. We ate at the HOJO food bar. ($9.95) Not gourmet by any means, but good for the money and plenty of choices.
                    I agree, maybe 1 rung below Ponderosa, but for the price in a tourist trap, it absolutely represents a great value.

Their $17.95 12oz Delmonico RARE might even be suitable for paying a wager with
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I agree, maybe 1 rung below Ponderosa, but for the price in a tourist trap, it absolutely represents a great value.

Their $17.95 12oz Delmonico RARE might even be suitable for paying a wager with
                      Cann't you Plattsburgh fans talk about Plattsburgh/Amherst unstead of steak? I still think Plattsburgh was the toughest team Norwich faced all year other than Dartmouth in the exabition in October.

Comment

Can't you Plattsburgh fans talk about Plattsburgh/Amherst unstead of steak? I still think Plattsburgh was the toughest team Norwick faced all year other than Dartmouth in the exhibition in October.

YOU started it - and BTW, I think discussing the toughest wager to pay is better than discussing the toughest steak
                        Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Keep the pressure on guys, maybe the deadbeat will finally do the right thing.

Cann't you Plattsburgh fans talk about Plattsburgh/Amherst unstead of steak? I still think Plattsburgh was the toughest team Norwich faced all year other than Dartmouth in the exabition in October.
                          Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Dont come to NYC if you want a cheap steak had one a few weeks ago at a moderate joint and it was 45.00 also a la carte... string rings were 13 bucks ...dinner for 2 with tip 210.00....never going there again ..PRICELESS

Comment

Designated Norwich fan section at Lake Placid will be Section 3.

Here is the release from the Norwich Athletics website: http://www.norwichathletics.com/spor...Placid_Tickets
                              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

I won't be in Lake Placid, but after much personal debate... I've decided that this weekend I will be cheering for the Cadets from sunny Florida!
                                Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                                SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                                ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                                NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                                NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                                NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                                NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                                X