• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Posted pictures from championship game Lake Placid 2012

http://woodnstickphotos.shutterfly.com/

Comment

Nysportsfan, I have been wondering the same thing about team speed on the bigger ice sheet. They have looked slow compared to all teams the last two times up there. I don't get it either, maybe they should practice at Cicero Twin Rinks which has an Olympic size sheet in the future. It's only a 35-40 minute ride from Oswego.

Comment

• Originally posted by LakerAlum09 View Post
        Nysportsfan, I have been wondering the same thing about team speed on the bigger ice sheet. They have looked slow compared to all teams the last two times up there. I don't get it either, maybe they should practice at Cicero Twin Rinks which has an Olympic size sheet in the future. It's only a 35-40 minute ride from Oswego.
        Norwich practiced at UNH Monday and look where that got them....
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

St. Norbert went across the hallway to practice on an Olympic sheet and they seemed to be just fine.

Comment

Thanks for listening all season, everyone!
            WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about how recruiting went? I notice there were a lot of recruits in the other thread but no one listed for Oswego yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miner's Mark View Post
                Has anyone heard anything about how recruiting went? I notice there were a lot of recruits in the other thread but no one listed for Oswego yet.
                I'm sure coach digby and Gosek have a few up their sleeves. Gotta bring in 5 or so to start preparing for the loss of 15 in next year's senior class.
                GO LAKERS!!!
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Some closing thoughts...

http://www.oswegonian.com/sports/659...e-for-success/
                  WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Good Luck to Ian Boots....

Ontario Picks Up a Pair of Forwards

03/24/2012 4:55 PM

March 24, 2012
                    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Phone: 909-941-7825
                    Email: pr@ontarioreign.com

Ian Boots and Spencer Asuchak join the Reign

ONTARIO, Calif.- The Ontario Reign, proud affiliate of the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings, announced the signing of forward Ian Boots and left winger Spencer Asuchak.

Boots, 25, is fresh off the college market after competing for the NCAA Division III Men’s Ice Hockey Championship; the team received the runner-up trophy. With Oswego State, the forward recorded 28 points (13g, 15a) in 30 games, leading all seniors on the team. Boots, the team’s alternate captain, was named to the 2012 NCAA All-Tournament Team.

During the 2010-11 season, the 5-10, 180-pounder played his first season with Oswego State in the State University of New York Athletic Conference. During this season he earned a spot on the All-SUNYAC First Team and All-America East Second Team leading his team in all offensive categories. A native of Akwesanse, New York, Boots was honored as Oswego State Athlete of the Week for January 3, 2011 and SUNYAC Player of the Week for February 20, 2011.

From 2008-10 Boots played in the CCHA for Ohio State recording a two-season total of 29 points (10g, 19a) in 50 appearances including two, three-point games in his college debut season.

Boots played a season of junior level hockey in the CJHL between the Cornwall Colts and Brockville Braves for a total of 54 games earning 74 points (33g, 41a).

Asuchak, 20, played 71 games with the Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League this season, recording a total of 36 points (18g, 18a). In November 2011 he was chosen by fans as the Hubbell Designer Goldsmiths Player of the Month.

The Kamloops, BC native has played with Prince George for three consecutive seasons. In his first two seasons with the team he recorded a total of 48 points (25g, 23a) in 103 games.

Prior to playing with the Cougars, the 6-foot-4, 210-pound winger played two seasons with the Tri-City Americans of the WHL. In a total of 50 games, he recorded 11 points (6g, 5a).

- www.ontarioreign.com -
                    LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Originally posted by LakerEagleLover View Post
                      Good Luck to Ian Boots....

03/24/2012 4:55 PM

March 24, 2012
                      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Phone: 909-941-7825
                      Email: pr@ontarioreign.com

Ian Boots and Spencer Asuchak join the Reign

ONTARIO, Calif.- The Ontario Reign, proud affiliate of the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings, announced the signing of forward Ian Boots and left winger Spencer Asuchak.

Boots, 25, is fresh off the college market after competing for the NCAA Division III Men’s Ice Hockey Championship; the team received the runner-up trophy. With Oswego State, the forward recorded 28 points (13g, 15a) in 30 games, leading all seniors on the team. Boots, the team’s alternate captain, was named to the 2012 NCAA All-Tournament Team.

During the 2010-11 season, the 5-10, 180-pounder played his first season with Oswego State in the State University of New York Athletic Conference. During this season he earned a spot on the All-SUNYAC First Team and All-America East Second Team leading his team in all offensive categories. A native of Akwesanse, New York, Boots was honored as Oswego State Athlete of the Week for January 3, 2011 and SUNYAC Player of the Week for February 20, 2011.

From 2008-10 Boots played in the CCHA for Ohio State recording a two-season total of 29 points (10g, 19a) in 50 appearances including two, three-point games in his college debut season.

Boots played a season of junior level hockey in the CJHL between the Cornwall Colts and Brockville Braves for a total of 54 games earning 74 points (33g, 41a).

Asuchak, 20, played 71 games with the Prince George Cougars of the Western Hockey League this season, recording a total of 36 points (18g, 18a). In November 2011 he was chosen by fans as the Hubbell Designer Goldsmiths Player of the Month.

The Kamloops, BC native has played with Prince George for three consecutive seasons. In his first two seasons with the team he recorded a total of 48 points (25g, 23a) in 103 games.

Prior to playing with the Cougars, the 6-foot-4, 210-pound winger played two seasons with the Tri-City Americans of the WHL. In a total of 50 games, he recorded 11 points (6g, 5a).

- www.ontarioreign.com -
                      It's funny, when I think of Ontario Reign, I think Ontario Canada. It took me a few minutes to realize that it's Ontario, California.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                        It's funny, when I think of Ontario Reign, I think Ontario Canada. It took me a few minutes to realize that it's Ontario, California.
                        I was trying to figure out what league the Ontario Reign were in as well and was also wondering how some team in Canada (not AHL) was affiliated to the LA Kings.

Good for Ian! Another Laker playing professionally!
                        GO LAKERS!!!
                        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                          Reminds me of - In what state does California University play?
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Well at least I had a fun Disney cruise......Unable to watch the game on my jet blue T.V. I had to settle for BC vs Maine ...well another tough lose for sure, as I did not see the game I have read many posts and I guesswe were just beaten by a better team?? The box score had us at 0 for 6 on the PP thats a killer for sure......I watched the highlights,thnks again for the the great work boys, and hate to say it but to many dmen mistakes to win a NC..of course this was only the highlights......also that fast 1st goal by st n bad...and a late goals in the periods as well, killer stuff that all adds up to 2nd place......not sure about ice surface etc etc, but if we are going to the FF every yr, which is unreal 3 yrs in a row, maybe we should do some thinking about it?? just sayin...Well would love to watch a replay if anyone knows where it may be NORM??? GREAT season Lakers we move on to next yr which again looks pretty promising, not just because we have a BIGGGGGGG senior class but they have played well for yrs and have a boatload of experience.....recruiting should be interesting as we will lose so many guys next yr will he bring in many frshmn and perhaps cut out a few of the upperclassmen this yr or wait until next yr to bring in a big crop of freshmn..who knows....

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Well at least I had a fun Disney cruise......Unable to watch the game on my jet blue T.V. I had to settle for BC vs Maine ...well another tough lose for sure, as I did not see the game I have read many posts and I guesswe were just beaten by a better team?? The box score had us at 0 for 6 on the PP thats a killer for sure......I watched the highlights,thnks again for the the great work boys, and hate to say it but to many dmen mistakes to win a NC..of course this was only the highlights......also that fast 1st goal by st n bad...and a late goals in the periods as well, killer stuff that all adds up to 2nd place......not sure about ice surface etc etc, but if we are going to the FF every yr, which is unreal 3 yrs in a row, maybe we should do some thinking about it?? just sayin...Well would love to watch a replay if anyone knows where it may be NORM??? GREAT season Lakers we move on to next yr which again looks pretty promising, not just because we have a BIGGGGGGG senior class but they have played well for yrs and have a boatload of experience.....recruiting should be interesting as we will lose so many guys next yr will he bring in many frshmn and perhaps cut out a few of the upperclassmen this yr or wait until next yr to bring in a big crop of freshmn..who knows....
                              http://www.ncaa.com/sports/icehockey-men/d3
                              All three of the D-3 FF game videos are available from this link...
                              SNC Men:
                              Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                              NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                              SNC Women:
                              O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
                                http://www.ncaa.com/sports/icehockey-men/d3
                                All three of the D-3 FF game videos are available from this link...
                                10-4 thanks, and congrats...

Comment

Working...
                                X