Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

One of the finest, most patient, prettiest goals I think I have EVER seen in college hockey. UNREAL!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS BRING IT ON HOME BOYS!!!!! REVENGE TIME IN UPSTATE NEW YORK!!!!

Comment

i need to mknow how to download WNYo on my android phone as compuetr guys??? NORM???? bueller anyone?? or is it not possible

Comment

• Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
        i need to mknow how to download WNYo on my android phone as compuetr guys??? NORM???? bueller anyone?? or is it not possible
        use the tunein radio app...
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

That has to be one of the all-time grittiest wins for the Lakers. I thought Amherst was in control for close to 2/3 of the game thanks to terrific defense and a dogged forecheck. When Oswego kept failing to capitalize on their chances in the 1st and 2nd, I didn't have much hope for the 3rd.

Congrats Lakers. Take home the big one tomorrow!
          Oswego State Great Lakers: 2007 National Champions
          08-09 WTOP 10 Sports Director
          2/20/2009: First Ever Laker Hockey Webcast

Comment

Now that was a great hockey game! As a Platty fan, I don't feel nearly as bad for losing to Amherst last week. They bring it but Oz persevered. Now go ahead and grab that trophy for SUNYAC and yourselves. Good Luck!

Comment

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/spo...national-title

Comment

I felt Amherst overall was the better team...more physical and quick, but had very few close in shots. What I was most proud of for us was that we never looked frustrated or tried to do too much. They stuck to their system and Paulie hit the winner right in front of us. What a win!! Let's get one more tonight!
                MJBeckman
                Oswego '93
                Great Lakers Hockey - WNYO, WTOP, Oswegonian
                1991-1993
                2007 D-III NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!

Comment

Best in person hockey game I have been to in my life. It ranks right up there with that regular season tilt in Cortland last year when you guessed Paul Rodrigues won that game in OT as well. Of course with what was on the line this one will be number one until something else knocks it down a peg. Amherst was physical, faster, and outplayed Oswego for a majority of the game. But, as others have said found a way to get over adversity and grit out a great win for the program. To lose the lead with 20 some odd seconds left and to win it in OT was quite the emotional rollercoaster to say the least! Go get em tonight boys!

Comment

WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

photos from last nite up

http://woodnstickphotos.shutterfly.com/

Comment

From the former VOTL

Comment

Another tough end to a promising looking season.

Congrats to the team for getting over the semifinal hump this year - hopefully they take the next step in 2013.

SNC was clearly the better team tonight. No way around it.

The past three seasons, it has looked like Oswego has been extremely gassed on the bigger ice at Placid. Not sure what the deal is, but by the looks of it, they have been the 2nd best conditioned team on the ice in their past 4 Placid games. That has to change if they are going to bring home another National Title.

It makes me feel old that next year's team will contain zero players that played while I was still in college. Again, another great season of Laker hockey. The players should hold their heads high.

Comment

I personally felt Oswego was the better team for much of the game last night. A few big saves by Jacobsen and a few tough breaks were really the difference in the game. They left it all on the ice last night and it came up a little short. St. Norbert got the timely goals that Oswego usually gets and they also got the timely saves that you need to get in a game like that.

Comment

Oswego was getting into transition quickly, and I was just waiting for the goals to start rolling in the third? Norbert is just a ridiculously hard working team that seemed to win every battle along the boards against Oswego, and Norwich for that matter. Their defensemen had to be the best group I personally had seen all year, great forcing the play at the blue line, with their forwards flying on the backcheck. They really are a great coached defensive team, and make you speed your offense up with their forwards flying back into their defensive zone, it was impressive how fast Norberts forwards get back into their defensive zone. As a fan, that was a great three games of hockey! Can't wait until next year!
                              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

After Friday's sudden death finish we we're really pumped for Saturday nite. It did not pan out for us. Norbert was clearly the best team sat nite. Congratulations to them and their fans. We all had a great time with fans from all the teams at the event. If you we're their you would have found a great deal of good sportsmanship from all fans.
                                The lakers gave us another greatvseason of top notch hockey. I have no doubt that next season wil be just as sensational.
                                Thank you again Lakers

Comment

Working...
                                X