Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

We've made it to the frozen four and you're talking about highschool sports?
    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
      We've made it to the frozen four and you're talking about highschool sports?
      Yes you are right.....I apologize, enough of that subject and onto the frozen four discussions!!!!

Comment

It's sad that an athletic department press release is reprinted word for word and considered news. They could have at least said "information supplied by Oswego State Athletics."

Comment

Originally posted by lakerfan View Post
          This question has bothered me for a few years now because I just don't understand it myself. How do some sports play at the AA level while others play down at the A level? The really confusing part is that why are some sports allowed to play down and still be eligible for the playoffs? Football had a decent team about 4 years ago and were ineligible for the playoffs because we were a AA school but yet the girls lacrosse team made it to the state finals a few years ago playing class B. Same goes for the hockey team this year, play div. I and you get your butts kicked play div. II and make the state finals?
          This whole mess is R.I.T.s fault

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
            This whole mess is R.I.T.s fault
            I like It!!!

Comment

Originally posted by skipperbob View Post
              I cannot answer for the other sports at OHS but their football team has been TERRIBLE for decades. They finally had to drop them down to a lower class because they were so pitiful and it hasn't helpled much - I believe they have won one game the last two seasons and have been outscored by more than 300 pts both times. The hockey team has been competitive on and off for years but I believe the last time they were in the state finals was when Pete Sears was coaching them.
              Ah, now that takes me back to my days at Plattsburgh High. The football team won a game my freshman year, and then won their next game when I was a senior
              Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
              A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
              A Handful of ECAC West Championships
              A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
              Some National Championships:
              Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
              Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Originally posted by Dyce View Post
                Ah, now that takes me back to my days at Plattsburgh High. The football team won a game my freshman year, and then won their next game when I was a senior
                I don't recall if the football team even won a game while I was in high school. My dad played one year back in the 70's and he was the center for special teams. He remembers centering for a lot of punts and a few long field goal attempts, but not many extra points.

Comment

http://palltimes.com/articles/2012/0...9601492118.txt

Comment

http://www.oswegonian.com/sports/men...ionship-berth/

Comment

http://www.d3hockey.com/ncaatourname...oswego-amherst
                      SNC Men:
                      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                      SNC Women:
                      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

....nice profile, but no quotes from the Lakers...and writer went to Oz...
                        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Well as we have found out the Jeffs have a big time forecheck, I think the wider rink ,by 15',may give the dmen a little chance to get the puck and move out of the d zone, the BIG key is the forwards have to slow up the Jeffs forwrds who are going in to forecheck, a skill that has been taken out of the NHL all together ,but we should be able to get away with it on this level...we could also hang a guy around the redline forcing the dmen to cover this position thus taken a dman out of the offensive zone,personally I hated when team hung a guy it was a pain in the a**...otherwise Im looking for a close game with many nails going by the wayside.

Comment

Did somebody add an extra day to this week? Obviously looking forward to Placid
                            2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                            2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                            2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                            2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                            2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                              Did somebody add an extra day to this week? Obviously looking forward to Placid
                              Leap year.....maybe

Comment

AS per the Oz website the Lakers left today, sounds good to me depending on what time they left they may be able to get in a few practices b4 fri nights game and get the bus legs out,a bunch of these guys also have experience in this rink from when they were frshmn.......

Comment

Working...
                                X