Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
    5-0 in an NCAA game! 4th line was huge tonight wreaking havok from the start of the game and finally finishing at the end. Am still shocked with the Cards score, but I think it will be a great match up Friday afternoon. Hopefully the Lakers come out flying and can put Amherst on their heels early
    Amherst can give anyone fits with their tenacious style and lights-out goalie. It will be an interesting matchup for sure. Amherst was much better than I thought they would be but quite possibly may have played their best game of the year. Might not be the same on huge ice sheet. Laker forwards are much stronger than Cards, so they should be able to pop a couple.

Overheard members of Cards staff talking about how the Lord Jeffs reminded them a bit of the great Middlebury teams of the '90's. Good news for the rest of DIII that they will take a big hit to graduation (see Neumann '09). Good luck Lakers, take it home for the SUNYAC.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
      GREAT job all yr whats the plan for the FF you guys gonna be there???

Comment

We'll be there with full coverage of any and all Oswego games
        WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

You guys never disappoint - another good show Mike!
          "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
          this is for you."
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

We'll be there with full coverage of any and all Oswego games
            GREAT laker to hear that.....

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
              Amherst can give anyone fits with their tenacious style and lights-out goalie. It will be an interesting matchup for sure. Amherst was much better than I thought they would be but quite possibly may have played their best game of the year. Might not be the same on huge ice sheet. Laker forwards are much stronger than Cards, so they should be able to pop a couple.

Overheard members of Cards staff talking about how the Lord Jeffs reminded them a bit of the great Middlebury teams of the '90's. Good news for the rest of DIII that they will take a big hit to graduation (see Neumann '09). Good luck Lakers, take it home for the SUNYAC.
              What is Amherst's tenacious style? The only thing I know about them is they have a foolishly good goalie. Are we looking at a match up with both teams running a wide open, high tempo style? Amherst will not try to slow Oswego down, and try to run with them? Do they pressure in their defensive end or collapse and clog up the middle? Send everyone on their forecheck?
              2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
              2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
              2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
              2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
              2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

I wanted to say thank you to WNYO for their excellent broadcasts this past season. Top notch all the way around. Good Luck to the Lakers this weekend. Make the SUNYAC's proud.
                LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Originally posted by 97osu View Post
                  What is Amherst's tenacious style? The only thing I know about them is they have a foolishly good goalie. Are we looking at a match up with both teams running a wide open, high tempo style? Amherst will not try to slow Oswego down, and try to run with them? Do they pressure in their defensive end or collapse and clog up the middle? Send everyone on their forecheck?
                  From what I have read so far they have a pressure forcheck and may even throw a dman into the mix, perhaps they rely on their goalie to stop any oddman rushes that arise from that...that said we have some pretty good snippppppers who can cash in on a few of those, and tilt the ice.....we know they have a great goalie, but so do we...after that not to sure about them, dont seem to have to many high scorers, I think? they score by committee?? I'm sure we will find out more as the week goes on, should we start a new thread for this game??? ps The 1 thing we for sure is that we have A TON more experience in the FF, I count about 19 players who were there last yr and a bunch more who where there the yr b4, as well as the coaching staff, perhaps this will help us as well..?
                  Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-11-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

It's tough to say how the Lord Jeffs will play Oswego. I know that they made some subtle adjustments vs. Plattsburgh after the first period that really gave us trouble. Specifically, 2 men on the puck with the third guy hovering around the hashmark. The D would also creep in towards the top of the circle thus making it quite congested trying to get out of your own zone. Plattsburgh's D can move the puck pretty well, but they had nowhere to go with it in the second and third period.

They don't have any real snipers like Oswego. But Moher, Colp and Deutsch are solid players who play a lot. Although the goalie LaRose gets all the attention, he isn't the reason they beat the Cards. Solid, 2 way hockey. Lots of hustle and grit and a pretty nice looking power play. If Oswego plays their own game you should be OK.

Comment

Originally posted by admiral0417 View Post
                      It's tough to say how the Lord Jeffs will play Oswego. I know that they made some subtle adjustments vs. Plattsburgh after the first period that really gave us trouble. Specifically, 2 men on the puck with the third guy hovering around the hashmark. The D would also creep in towards the top of the circle thus making it quite congested trying to get out of your own zone. Plattsburgh's D can move the puck pretty well, but they had nowhere to go with it in the second and third period.

They don't have any real snipers like Oswego. But Moher, Colp and Deutsch are solid players who play a lot. Although the goalie LaRose gets all the attention, he isn't the reason they beat the Cards. Solid, 2 way hockey. Lots of hustle and grit and a pretty nice looking power play. If Oswego plays their own game you should be OK.
                      thnks for the scouting report, we could use all the help we can get........

Comment

I can't believe an old Cardinal is giving info to the Lakers.....what has this world come to !!!!!! Oh well, it's nothing Gosek wouldn't pick up on.

Comment

After watching the Amherst team play last Saturday it will depend on which Oswego team will show up will depend if they can make it to the finals. If the team that shut out Plattsburgh shows up then they have a VERY good chance to make it to the finals. But if the team that showed up for the SUNYAC finals they are going to have a hard time getting that 2nd game in Lake Placid. In the SUNYAC finals they were not able to get a constant pressure on Cadieux. They were pressured and were not able to break out like they wanted to and that is the key, if they start trying to rush the puck up the ice the Amherst team is going to make them pay but if they slow the game down and use their skill on the puck they should be able to break the pressure. I know some of the Oswego fans want to see the flying up and down the ice play but I think that would be a mistake because of the Amherst forcheck will give them fits and could cause a number of odd man rush's. Oswego has a number of forwards and defenseman that able to stickhandle and hard to knock off the puck so the slower pace will allow them to use those skills and break up that forecheck and maybe use the up and down the ice game later on.

Comment

I'm pretty quiet on the boards, but just wanted to say - I love the SUNYAC pride on this board! The (mostly) friendly rivalry between Oz & Platty doesn't get in the way of real discussion & mutual respect & support.

I've learned a LOT about the game, reading your posts.

Thank You.

---TJ

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                              After watching the Amherst team play last Saturday it will depend on which Oswego team will show up will depend if they can make it to the finals. If the team that shut out Plattsburgh shows up then they have a VERY good chance to make it to the finals. But if the team that showed up for the SUNYAC finals they are going to have a hard time getting that 2nd game in Lake Placid.
                              .....amen to THAT, brother...
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

I just wanted to give a shout out to a couple of former Lakers. Former goaltender Joe Lofberg is the Assistant coach of the Suffern HS Mounties that won the NYS Division 1 State Championship in Utica this past weekend. Former Laker Captain Andy Rozak led the Oswego HS Buccaneers to the Division 2 state title game before dropping a 6-3 decision to a much bigger and faster Kenmore East squad.

Comment

Working...
                                X