Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
    For someone who has missed maybe 3-5 OSU/PSU games since the late 80s I find it funny that a team who never gave out tickets to opposing fans for YEARS would whine so much. We would get up early that morning and head to Oswego to get in line at Romney. From my knowledge since the new Stafford has opened, no one has been turned away so your point is mute. PSU allows you to show up on game day and get your tickets, just like the old days. You not seeing your team play in Plattsburgh is your own fault, not Plattsburghs. And like I said, calling the kettle black for a team that for YEARS didn't give opposing teams fans tickets....yet we still showed up in good numbers year in year out.....

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimehockey View Post
      Oswego had a guy named Tony Sgro play once upon a time.
      That's only 3 consonants, Smrke has 4. There was also an MLB pitcher by the name of Eli Grba
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
        Is that the new official Laker theme song when they keep choking?? I don't think we are the ones ever complaining about tickets now are we....
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
          That's only 3 consonants, Smrke has 4. There was also an MLB pitcher by the name of Eli Grba
          Gonna make me break this out, aren't you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Szczur
          WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

For someone who has missed maybe 3-5 OSU/PSU games since the late 80s I find it funny that a team who never gave out tickets to opposing fans for YEARS would whine so much. We would get up early that morning and head to Oswego to get in line at Romney. From my knowledge since the new Stafford has opened, no one has been turned away so your point is mute. PSU allows you to show up on game day and get your tickets, just like the old days. You not seeing your team play in Plattsburgh is your own fault, not Plattsburghs. And like I said, calling the kettle black for a team that for YEARS didn't give opposing teams fans tickets....yet we still showed up in good numbers year in year out.....
            ....and being an Oswego student didn't help much on many nights either - in the 70's we would wait until the last townie straggler would stagger in from the parking lot, then they would let students in based upon availability....
            LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

...restrooms being renovated to meet ADA regulations. New heating and lighting systems will be installed...
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
                Gonna make me break this out, aren't you? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Szczur
                Not great. All the others have a string of consonants and the last letter is a vowel. If the r came before the u, I'd be more impressed
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  Not great. All the others have a string of consonants and the last letter is a vowel. If the r came before the u, I'd be more impressed
                  too bad we don't have a Sluzer. I know just the school for him/her.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ah but wait....... Why do we have to wait till game day. I would come up and wait for tickets if I knew we had a chance to get them. Not many people want to make the long haul, only to get denied 1 hour before game time. I had the previledge of arranging to get tickets from a Plattsburgh fan 2 years ago. (Thanks again LC) And the one thing I noticed that night, was no Oswego fans except parents of players were able to get in. Yes, I understand, the Parents get tickets through the coach's normally.. Just sucks that we get a new arena and a box office to handle tickets and they become available to all. You guys get your upgrade done, and we're out.................
                    Oldtimehockey

Comment

Originally posted by Oldtimehockey View Post
                      Ah but wait....... Why do we have to wait till game day. I would come up and wait for tickets if I knew we had a chance to get them. Not many people want to make the long haul, only to get denied 1 hour before game time. I had the previledge of arranging to get tickets from a Plattsburgh fan 2 years ago. (Thanks again LC) And the one thing I noticed that night, was no Oswego fans except parents of players were able to get in. Yes, I understand, the Parents get tickets through the coach's normally.. Just sucks that we get a new arena and a box office to handle tickets and they become available to all. You guys get your upgrade done, and we're out.................
                      According to people in charge, no-one has been turned away since the 1992 season in the "Old" stafford when there was 4000 at the game.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

maybe with Tim Hale leaving Oswego (retiring?) we will also see Plattsbugh's wonderful A.D. (sarcastically said) will be finding his way out the door soon and we can see a change for the better on the ticket process.
                        Jim Reisdorf
                        Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                          maybe with Tim Hale leaving Oswego (retiring?) we will also see Plattsbugh's wonderful A.D. (sarcastically said) will be finding his way out the door soon and we can see a change for the better on the ticket process.
                          There is this. Erin's 2yrs are gone
                          Larry Normandin
                          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

anybody know when they get back to school and we can find out whats what?? or whos /who?? I know that my nephew is going back on the 26th, but that may be party it up...not that theres anything wrong with that..

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              anybody know when they get back to school and we can find out whats what?? or whos /who?? I know that my nephew is going back on the 26th, but that may be party it up...not that theres anything wrong with that..
                              I am sure OSUPBPMike can speak to student arrivals, but until official practice starts and the roster is final, any speculation as to new players, returning players and the health of the roster is just that - speculation..... 60 days til the puck drops
                              LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Freshman move in Friday, everyone else Sunday. The team itself is already there.
                                WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X