Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    Ya gotta pay to go to a D-III school as there are no free lunches. The only difference between a hockey player and a physics major is that the hockey player is involved in an extracurricular activity. Both are (or should be) held to the same standards be it academic or financial.
    Or the origin of their drivers license (foreigner) or passport (alien)...
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Ya gotta pay to go to a D-III school as there are no free lunches. The only difference between a hockey player and a physics major is that the hockey player is involved in an extracurricular activity. Both are (or should be) held to the same standards be it academic or financial.
      I was referring to the "ability to pay" part of your statement....I am not sure how that is affected by someone's origin in the pure sense, which is where I was coming from - American only rosters, for example - and I might not pick apart varsity sports vs other extracurricular activities - theatre, band, club sports, etc...all require commitment, time management and a balanced approach to academic requirements...

And while there are no free lunches, the amount of financial aid available to students based upon academic achievement and financial need is staggering - admissions sections of college websites are quick to promote the average aid packages for incoming students - scholarships, grants, work-study, etc.

You have to really work at paying retail price these days....
      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Or be from out of state and go to a MASCAC school.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Or be from out of state and go to a MASCAC school.
          I have noticed that public schools tend to seek diversity through alien incentives (aka international aid), but nearly always treat foreigners (aka US students from a different state) as undesirables. True, the public schools are state taxpayer subsidized, but all out-of-state students (aliens & foreigners) increase the size of the states pie by bringing in revenue to the state that otherwise couldn't be captured. Using commonly accepted economic multiplier effects, these undesirables probably have a positive net economic impact to the host school's state.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Smrke gone to Oklahoma

http://www.ouhockey.com/news/185-soo...2012-2013.html
            WNYO and Oswego State Hockey Play by Play Announcer 2009-13 currently broadcasting for the NAHL's Keystone Ice Miners and still loving DIII hockey

Comment

Originally posted by OSUPBPMike View Post
              Most interesting thing about Smrke is that I've never seen a name with no vowels except for a final e.
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Well Prof, you should live here, I play golf with Russ Sgzro every week!
                Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                  Well Prof, you should live here, I play golf with Russ Sgzro every week!
                  I guess there have to be people in the world who balance out us Finns who have extra vowels in our names.
                  2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                  2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                  2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                  2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

News from Oswego Fall sports pre season. Tim Hale has retired and will be gone in a week. Cora Brumley, Asst. Athletic Director and Senior Woman Administrator will be the interim. Tim is retiring to North Carolina.

Comment

Originally posted by Castine80 View Post
                      News from Oswego Fall sports pre season. Tim Hale has retired and will be gone in a week. Cora Brumley, Asst. Athletic Director and Senior Woman Administrator will be the interim. Tim is retiring to North Carolina.
                      In a week? two sides to every story....
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

do I hear the return of noisemakers on the horizon????
                        Jim Reisdorf
                        Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                          In a week? two sides to every story....
                          ...copy that...
                          LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Oswego had a guy named Tony Sgro play once upon a time.
                            Oldtimehockey

Comment

Originally posted by LoudHorns31 View Post
                              do I hear the return of noisemakers on the horizon????
                              Not till we get tickets to see our game, at your place!!!!!!!!
                              Then alls fair!!
                              Oldtimehockey

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldtimehockey View Post
                                Not till we get tickets to see our game, at your place!!!!!!!!
                                Then alls fair!!
                                For someone who has missed maybe 3-5 OSU/PSU games since the late 80s I find it funny that a team who never gave out tickets to opposing fans for YEARS would whine so much. We would get up early that morning and head to Oswego to get in line at Romney. From my knowledge since the new Stafford has opened, no one has been turned away so your point is mute. PSU allows you to show up on game day and get your tickets, just like the old days. You not seeing your team play in Plattsburgh is your own fault, not Plattsburghs. And like I said, calling the kettle black for a team that for YEARS didn't give opposing teams fans tickets....yet we still showed up in good numbers year in year out.....
                                Remy Babineaux
                                remyb616@gmail.com
                                D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                                X