Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oswego State Hockey 2011-2012 Part II: Hockey Never Sleeps

The Oswego State Hockey family sadly lost a longtime member this past weekend.

Condolensces to "Doc's" family.

http://athletics.oswego.edu/news/201...529124401.aspx
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

Very sad. RIP Doc!
      Jim Reisdorf
      Standing on the Rail #59

jim@loremans.com contact me for all your custom embroidery, engraving and screen printing needs! check out our website... www.loremans.com

Romney will be missed by all that have been there for the great match ups between Platty and 'Wego!!!

After Closing out Romney the right way, We opened the new rink the right way.... another loss for the Lakers!

St. Louis is a BUM!!!!

Go Sabres!!!

Comment

He will be missed by all......all our best to the family and Oswego people

Comment

It just wont be the same without Dr. Mahon in his usual perch behind the goal at the North end of the Campus Center.

Comment

Very sad to loose a member of the Laker Family at such young age.
            Oswego '89

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
              anyone have anymore news on the/our "situation"....... no NOT the guy from the Jersey Shore
              I haven't heard a lot, but one thing I did hear (don't know for sure) is that the women's team was pretty much obliterated. Just about every Canadian player has left and isn't returning. The men should be ok this year. I've hear a lot of the returning seniors may pay their own way this season. It could be an interesting '13-'14 season though.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                I haven't heard a lot, but one thing I did hear (don't know for sure) is that the women's team was pretty much obliterated. Just about every Canadian player has left and isn't returning. The men should be ok this year. I've hear a lot of the returning seniors may pay their own way this season. It could be an interesting '13-'14 season though.
                well the men have about 13 or so returning who were jrs,now seniors, and a few sophs that will be jrs this yr.......that said i would think most would be back ....as for the rest and recruits??? I guess we will have to wait and see whats REALLY happening in Oz........only a few months and we will know for sure....perhaps even earlier.....as for the women if this is so

Comment

A quick look at the previous roster shows only one player remaining who is not from Canada. However, I thought that this(situation) was just rumor. Isn't that what was said earlier???

Comment

Just Sayin....

$48,000 International Student Undergraduate Scholarship; International Students only ($12,000 annually for up to four years)
                    Requires Full-Time Status and On-Campus Housing, intercollegiate athletes excluded.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Scholarship and financial aid are under continual review and revision - most listed did not exist five years ago...expect more changes as the college begins another capital campaign with a particular focus on endowment, scholarship and other aid programs...
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

So does this mean that all the Canadian players that were on Oswego's team last year, are no longer going to be on the team for this season? I'm so confused.
                        Utica College Hockey. Best fan base in D-III. Fear the Moose.
                        Utica College 2004-2005 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                        Utica College 2012-2013 EcacWest Regular Season Champions
                        2012-2013 ECAC West PICK'EM CHAMPION
                        2012-2013 SUNYAC 1st runner up to the Pick'EM CHAMPION

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneers#1 View Post
                          So does this mean that all the Canadian players that were on Oswego's team last year, are no longer going to be on the team for this season? I'm so confused.
                          All it guarantees, is that ALL intercollegiate athletes who were receiving the International Student Undergraduate Scholarship (including Canadian players) no longer will be receiving the scholarship - what they choose (or can afford) to do, is still TBA.
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                            All it guarantees, is that ALL intercollegiate athletes who were receiving the International Student Undergraduate Scholarship (including Canadian players) no longer will be receiving the scholarship - what they choose (or can afford) to do, is still TBA.
                            Did something solid come down?? or did I miss something??? or are we still at the rumor stage????

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                              Did something solid come down?? or did I miss something??? or are we still at the rumor stage????
                              As I noted above (Just Sayin...) - Per Oswego's "Merit Scholarships" web page (hyperlink here),
                              Three words have recently been added to the "International Student Undergraduate Scholarship" section, those words are: "intercollegiate athletes excluded".
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

$48,000 International Student Undergraduate Scholarship; International Students only ($12,000 annually for up to four years)
                                Requires Full-Time Status and On-Campus Housing, intercollegiate athletes excluded.
                                The language is confusing to to me. The part about intercollegiate athletes excluded could mean either of two things.

1. Intercollegiate athletes are excluded for receiving the scholarship
                                or
                                2. Intercollegiate athlètes are excluded from the requirement of having to live On-Campus to receive the scholarship.

Since lots of schools seem to have unofficial off-campus hockey houses, I wouldn't bet against the second interpretation.
                                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Working...
                                X