Incoming Freshmen for Fall of 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
    It is hard to figure why a Quebec recruit would give up a full ride to some team like UVM or Harvard (worth $200,000 +-) to play Major Junior in Quebec unless the player plans to attend a Canadian U team after junior hockey.
    I was under the impression that Ivies didn't give athletic scholarships. Your point is valid for non-Ivie schools, however.

Comment

• Re: Incoming Freshmen for Fall of 2012

Originally posted by altazo View Post
      I was under the impression that Ivies didn't give athletic scholarships. Your point is valid for non-Ivie schools, however.
      Its financial aid

Comment

I have always been under the impression that if a player can not afford to attend a Ivy or NESCAC team because of family income the financial aid package takes care of the tab.
        2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
        2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

For sure. However there is more to getting into an Ivie or NESCAC school than being good at hockey.

I think Amherst has an admissions policy where any admitted applicant can attend regardless of their ability to pay.

Comment

For sure. However there is more to getting into an Ivie or NESCAC school than being good at hockey.

I think Amherst has an admissions policy where any admitted applicant can attend regardless of their ability to pay.
            That's "need blind" admissions, which applies at all NESCACs with some variations (some don't apply it to international, transfer, and wait list admittees).

Comment

I think it was Amherst that has the most expensive tuition, but in turn gives the most F.A..

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_1...in-the-nation/

Negative. In fact there are at least 3 colleges listed in their own conference that are more expensive.
                Last edited by altazo; 07-08-2012, 07:27 PM.

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505145_1...in-the-nation/

Negative. In fact there are at least 3 colleges listed in their own conference that are more expensive.
                  wasnt sure of it but dont kill me for what probably adds up to a few beers.......

Comment

You been drinking PBR 1844?

http://www.unnecessaryumlaut.com/?p=4978

Comment

You been drinking PBR 1844?

http://www.unnecessaryumlaut.com/?p=4978
                      Got say i always liked and still like the PBRs......just went to Whole foods and they had a BIG display of'em,10 bucks for a 12 pack, the hipsters here in NYC have drove the price up lol.......but in some bars here you can buy a 6 pack for 6 bucks,but you have to buy it all at the same time............not a problem for me,......or is it

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                        I believe Major Junior teams often recruit many more players than can make the final roster and if they play a few exhabition games or real games they lose there chance to play NCAA hockey.

Unless they plan on attending NEC.....

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyfan77 View Post
                          Unless they plan on attending NEC.....
                          Gee, that was a fun thread back 3(?) years ago! Can anyone resurrect it?
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Gee, that was a fun thread back 3(?) years ago! Can anyone resurrect it?
                            Hundreds of miles away and far from a computer, norm twitches involuntarily...
                            Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                            A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                            A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                            A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                            Some National Championships:
                            Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                            Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

why did www.collegecommitments.com stop showing DIII committments

Comment

Originally posted by ilikehockey View Post
                                why did www.collegecommitments.com stop showing DIII committments
                                ugh no idea

Comment

Working...
                                X