Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Incoming Freshmen for Fall of 2012

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
    I am liking the size PSU is adding to the roster. Hopefully they can skate...
    I am also, Bill. I think I'm hearing some good stuff about these guys coming in. Excited!

Comment

Add Brian White Def. Santa Ana, CA. NAHL Witchita falls

Comment

Originally posted by nefan View Post
        Add Brian White Def. Santa Ana, CA. NAHL Witchita falls
        Curry college

Comment

Heard mike cox of Boston bandits is going to a school in the ecac northeast

Comment

More for UST from D3 commitments

F Tyler Richter, Bismarck Bobcats (NAHL)

5'10", 170, Bismarck, N.D.

71gp, (34-32-66), 42pim Link

Comment

• Originally posted by delfan View Post
              More for UST from D3 commitments

F Tyler Richter, Bismarck Bobcats (NAHL)

5'10", 170, Bismarck, N.D.

71gp, (34-32-66), 42pim Link
              UST getting a whole new team this year? Wow how many they up to now?
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                UST getting a whole new team this year? Wow how many they up to now?
                At this point = nine new recruits, just five grads, something has to give on the opening day roster.
                Had 34 players on last season's roster.
                SNC Men:
                Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                SNC Women:
                O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by t3196 View Post
                  The kid going to Plymouth is the real deal. That program is really on its way up. Very nice rink.
                  Agree. I have been watching this kid since he has been 8 years old. He has D-1 skill but his lack of work ethic in the weight room and in the class room diminished his opportunities. Questionable decisions on what to do and where to play the last couple of years when he did not make the Monarchs also hurt his chances Should have played in the EJ or AJ. If he commits himself and does not get distracted - he will make an impact! And yes PSU with the rink and the kids that they have been bringing in will be strong and attract talent because of the rink for years to come.

Comment

are these recruits on the website that was used last year?

Comment

Looks like another D for Plattsburgh from the article I read and looking at his numbers he is going to be a PP Quarterback. His team went 49-6-1 in the regular season allowing only 96 goals and he was named top Defenseman.

Anthony Calabrese
                      2011/2012 Wisconsin Wilderness 55 15 44 59 126 4 21 0 0 4

Comment

What happened to the ACHA kids who didn't make Guy's cut? Did they stay there as reserve/practice players, transfer to D3 or will the continue to play ACHA hockey at PSU? I'm wondering in particular about Tim Acker, a
                        North Carolina kid out of Westminster School.

Comment

http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com...-is-difficult/

The above is a Burlington Free Press article describing the problems recruiting mens hockey players in Quebec.
                          The only comment I have is having visited Rimouski on a trip in Quebec I think it is safe to say that it is no Burlington with is location on the lake and being a great University town. But Norwich over the years has recruited a lot of great hockey players including the last year's team captain. But I can see why some teams stay away and recruit in Ontario , Western Canada, and the US Junior leagues.
                          2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                          2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

• Originally posted by hawk View Post
                            http://blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com...-is-difficult/

The above is a Burlington Free Press article describing the problems recruiting mens hockey players in Quebec.
                            The only comment I have is having visited Rimouski on a trip in Quebec I think it is safe to say that it is no Burlington with is location on the lake and being a great University town. But Norwich over the years has recruited a lot of great hockey players including the last year's team Ocaptain. But I can see why some teams stay away and recruit in Ontario , Western Canada, and the US Junior leagues.
                            And this year's team captain as well.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                              And this year's team captain as well.
                              I believe Major Junior teams often recruit many more players than can make the final roster and if they play a few exhabition games or real games they lose there chance to play NCAA hockey.

It is hard to figure why a Quebec recruit would give up a full ride to some team like UVM or Harvard (worth $200,000 +-) to play Major Junior in Quebec unless the player plans to attend a Canadian U team after junior hockey.
                              2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                              2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                                It is hard to figure why a Quebec recruit would give up a full ride to some team like UVM or Harvard (worth $200,000 +-) to play Major Junior in Quebec unless the player plans to attend a Canadian U team after junior hockey.
                                Unless they think it is a shorter trip to the NHL

Comment

Working...
                                X