Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

I just spoke with a coworker and it seems the mall no longer has an ice rink. Plan B I guess.
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
      Plan B I guess.
      That's what she said.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        That's what she said.
        well played
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

From the ashes a fire shall be woken
          A light from the shadows shall spring
          Renewed shall be blade that was broken
          The crown-less again will be king.

Tech might or might not win this weekend but you can bet that down the line our program will be quite good.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

Tech might or might not win this weekend but you can bet that down the line our program will be quite good.
            Poetry in a tech thread? The world really has turned on its head
            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

How badly do you want your precious?

I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

That makes 3 of you... Anyone else want to have their name added to the list of Tech fans bitter at CC for no reason?
                been there a bunch of times. agree with SG and BigBlue.
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

and agree with 'Toot ... arena was wide open both nights.

Air Force Academy maybe for practice?
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post

How you know you're a geek: you apply quotes from Lord of the Rings to real life situations.

How badly do you want your precious?

How you know you're a major geek: you recognize said quotes and one-up them.
                    Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                    I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                    Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

There's only ONE trilogy.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        There's only ONE trilogy.
                        But enough about Care Bears.
                        Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                        I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                        Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

I haven't been to that mall in while but if I remember correctly the food court overlooks the ice. It should be a perfect place to watch practice.
                          As you noted it's been closed for probably 4 years now. They moved most of the stuff (boards, glass, zambonis, etc.) up to Colorado Sports Center in Monument.

Just to clarify a few things, I highly doubt CC "announced that Tech will not be allowed to practice at world arena this week". First, CC doesn't own the World Arena. They are a primary tenant, but don't determine the schedule. I know because I've rented the ice there quite a few times. Second, while ice time is always extremely hard to get in Colorado Springs unless you want it at midnight, it's even harder right now. The rink on CC's campus is closed all March for repairs - I believe that the ice has been out for 2 weeks already and won't be back in until the first week in April (roughly). Everyone who used the ice a Honnen has snapped up as much time as they can at other rinks in the area. Some guys in my league have picked up time at Sertich for a private drop-in session and one of the other adult leagues took some of the other prime evening times. Unless you want to skate on the rutted, muddy ice up in Monument you'll have a hard time finding any ice time in the area right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                            How you know you're a geek: you apply quotes from Lord of the Rings to real life situations.

How you know you're a major geek: you recognize said quotes and one-up them.
                            I Googled it, died laughing and then replied.

How do you know you're a geek? You recognized that I responded to it...

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I've been to five games at World Arena and the only atmosphere in the place was created by the Tech fans that were there...the place is dead...its pretty pathetic actually.
                              While I would never claim that CC has a really loud crowd for most games, you should keep in mind that MTU isn't exactly a draw, and many of the least energetic crowds I've been around have been for Tech and UAA. CC fans are not much different from most fans in this regard, though. I'm not a loud fan most of the time either, though. If that makes me "pathetic" so be it.

In most places with a good atmosphere, it's the student section that creates it, not the general fans. No excuses for the student section at CC. They are a joke most of the time. When they show up at all.

It looks like we can add a bitter UAA fan to the list. He has a reason but it is a couple of seasons old at this point.
                              Donald has always been bitter. That will likely never change.
                              Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                              -dggoddard

Comment

• Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                                How you know you're a geek: you apply quotes from Lord of the Rings to real life situations. How you know you're a major geek: you recognize said quotes and one-up them.
                                One does not simply possess these abilities naturally.
                                Last edited by state of hockey; 03-05-2012, 09:46 PM.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X