Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
    I was using the population of the Houghton micropolitan statistical area (Houghton and Keweenaw counties).
    I just added up the populations for Houghton and Hancock.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      First of all, posting 2011-12 attendance data proves nothing to my personal experiences. I wasn't there this weekend. The fact that World Arena is a very boring, sterile, and seemingly empty arena is based on the two trips I have made out to CC which if memory serves were in like 2006 and 2007.
      Well I guess I can't argue with facts...
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Ken Landau should quit drinking so much.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
          Ken Landau should quit drinking so much.
          It looks like we can add a bitter UAA fan to the list. He has a reason but it is a couple of seasons old at this point.
          I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

So here is another fact. CC has announced that Tech will not be allowed to practice at world arena this week, until the normal thursday.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
              You seem to be a fan of facts. I suggest that you actually look at them. While they aren't breaking any records, both CC and DUmb have far better attendance than MTU.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/attendanc...men/2011-2012/
              I was at both games this weekend and there was no way that the attendance was 90%. Not B*tts in seats.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                I was at both games this weekend and there was no way that the attendance was 90%. Not B*tts in seats.
                I'm sure the numbers are based on tickets sold. It's also an average.

I would also agree that the building was less full than a lot of other games this season. I'm not really sure why. We had a sell out for Bemidji. It's puzzling that they would draw significantly better than Tech.

Comment

My friends and I bought tickets at the door both nights (general admission) and decided to sit in the upper deck behind the Tech goalie.

We probably could have sat wherever we chose; there were enough empty seats. And the crowd was quiet for the most part. As I mentioned earlier, everything about the building and the crowd were bland. Nothing to complain about, and nothing to compliment. Boring. Plain.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    So here is another fact. CC has announced that Tech will not be allowed to practice at world arena this week, until the normal thursday.
                    are you serious? They're like a bunch of fifth grade schoolgirls.

Will the Huskies have to leave town again to find ice or is there a place they can rent without needing CC's permission?
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I don't blame CC on that one. It's within their rights, and I'd do the same thing. Why give any sort of benefit/edge to your opponent?

Maybe that'll give Tech an extra boost, you never know.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

A very quick google search shows three other rinks in Colorado Springs, and it didn't include AFA's.
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                          That's interesting to me. I really have no idea how this all works but I wouldn't have thought that they would necessarily need CC's permission.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                            A very quick google search shows three other rinks in Colorado Springs, and it didn't include AFA's.
                            One of them is in a shopping mall. If they hold practice there maybe a few of the visiting Tech fans can go watch?

Comment

• Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                              One of them is in a shopping mall. If they hold practice there maybe a few of the visiting Tech fans can go watch?
                              Is it near the food court?
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                Is it near the food court?
                                I haven't been to that mall in while but if I remember correctly the food court overlooks the ice. It should be a perfect place to watch practice.

Here is a link for anyone that might be interested.

http://www.colorado-malls.com/chapel-hills-mall.htm
                                Last edited by ronmexico; 03-05-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X