Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    whatever. the refs sucked. hope its a new crew next weekend.
    With all this whining about the officiating, I still think some of you Tech fans sound like UAA fans. Come on. Your fan base has been too good for too long to start being that way. The officials had nothing to do with the outcome of either game this weekend.
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

well, yeah, CC's not dirty and neither is Tech. we will miss you guys when you move to the NaCHos. wish you were staying. we've always enjoyed our series with you. your fans are classy.
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

well, yeah, CC's not dirty and neither is Tech. we will miss you guys when you move to the NaCHos. wish you were staying. we've always enjoyed our series with you. your fans are classy.
        Michigan Tech fans have always been amongst my favorites in our sport. You are true die hards and I am happy to see your team improving so much because you as a fanbase deserve it. When the new conferences start, Tech is the team I may miss the most.
        Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
        -dggoddard

Comment

Well unfortunately for the Tech the subject of this thread came true. Five more days until our next game. This first set of games made it pretty clear that they need more time on the big sheet before next Friday.
          As you were, continue...

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
            Avoid CCtig, trust me on this one.
            You nerd! I'm gonna slap you!
            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Random ramblings:

CC outplayed Tech, as long as CC wasn't on the PP
              Too bad Tech couldn't win at least a game.
              The arena? Blandest one I've ever been to. Nothing made it terrible, nothing made it good.
              For activities, my friends and I went to find all the good dive places to eat, and hit up the neighborhood bars, for the most part. Found some gems that I'll return to, for sure.
              Also liked a couple of the stores in what I guess is called "Old Colorado City." Some were tourist traps (blech) but others had a ton of kitsch that was really cool.

Weather was gorgeous, too. I am glad I didn't bring/need a jacket. I did get some questions from random people about not wearing a jacket, until I told them I was from MN. They then understood.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                Random ramblings:

CC outplayed Tech, as long as CC wasn't on the PP
                Too bad Tech couldn't win at least a game.
                The arena? Blandest one I've ever been to. Nothing made it terrible, nothing made it good.
                For activities, my friends and I went to find all the good dive places to eat, and hit up the neighborhood bars, for the most part. Found some gems that I'll return to, for sure.
                Also liked a couple of the stores in what I guess is called "Old Colorado City." Some were tourist traps (blech) but others had a ton of kitsch that was really cool.

Weather was gorgeous, too. I am glad I didn't bring/need a jacket. I did get some questions from random people about not wearing a jacket, until I told them I was from MN. They then understood.
                I have been to 2 games at the World Arena and both were fun as hell. At one, I bought a scalped ticket before the game to a seat in the students section. (Didn't realiz e it until I got to my seat.) That was an adventure. At the other, I had lost my voice (I don't yell much at games anymore, but I sure as heck used to) and had a seat in the back row, in the next section over from the CC players who didn't dress. The back wall is this weird metallic thing, which I pounded on pretty hard, in lieu of shouting. Good times all.

Comment

I won't miss them. They're one of the only teams I won't miss.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                    With all this whining about the officiating, I still think some of you Tech fans sound like UAA fans. Come on. Your fan base has been too good for too long to start being that way. The officials had nothing to do with the outcome of either game this weekend.
                    But Todd Anderson and a Shepherd were the officials and they reign when it come to chaos.
                    GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                      CC fans calling the Tech and their captain a goon doesn't sit well with any of us. I know Brett Olson and he doesn't do things if there isn't a reason. I've heard from many different sources (I half listened to the games this weekend because I was busy remodeling my bathroom) that Josh Robinson got run with no call followed up later by Olson running Thorimbert. Sounds to me like the Refs did suck and they let things get out of hand. Whether that ultimately effected the result of the game, especially Friday...I doubt it. CC was definitely the better team on Friday night. Saturday on paper, it seems more likely the Refs hurt Tech but at the same time, Thorimbert kept them off the board so maybe it didn't matter at all.
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

the first goal on Friday was kicked in. then Robo got run. it was pretty much downhill from there except for the shorties.

I thought Saturday's game was Tech's except for the Thorimbert - we just couldn't get anything past him.

the guys will be acclimatized, relaxed and ready come Friday. anything can happen ...

anyone coming out for the series??
                        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

SG your sources are wrong. Josh was knocked down twice, but those were aggressive moves to the net. But Olsen had only one thing in mind to take out the goalie

Now CC #4 had not heard the you are not to punch once the guy is on the ice. Oh wait that is an NHL code of conduct.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                            I bought a scalped ticket before the game to a seat in the students section. (Didn't realiz e it until I got to my seat.) That was an adventure.
                            CC has a student section? Where? Was spring break this weekend? Other than the "Go... Tigers" chant across the rink once per game, the goal song and the "Make some noise" sign on the jumbotron, I didn't hear peep from the CC crowd all weekend.

They were certainly the silent majority of the rink and makes you appreciate the Misfits even more.
                            Ryan J
                            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                            Originally posted by geezer
                            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                            Originally posted by manurespreader
                            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                              CC has a student section? Where? Was spring break this weekend? Other than the "Go... Tigers" chant across the rink once per game, the goal song and the "Make some noise" sign on the jumbotron, I didn't hear peep from the CC crowd all weekend.

They were certainly the silent majority of the rink and makes you appreciate the Misfits even more.
                              Ryan J
                              Atmosphere is a dirty word in Colorado Springs.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                                Atmosphere is a dirty word in Colorado Springs.
                                You two are really starting to get bitter. It seems a little sad to me.
                                Originally posted by vizoroo
                                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                                Originally posted by duper
                                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                                Originally posted by dggoddard
                                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X