Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
    Off to the Springs for the games this weekend. Sad to think that after 24 seasons these will be the last.
    On the bright side, you never have to set foot in that coffin of an arena ever again.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      I hope Scotty gave the CC team the week off. please underestimate us.
      Haha, why would CC underestimate Tech? CC has lost 5 of the last 6 games, so that won't happen.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Just posted this question in another thread, but for the CC fans - what are the chances you guys get Thorimbert back for this series? He could make a huge difference for a CC team that appears to be beset with injuries right now.
      Josh has actually been back for a couple weeks. He only missed the Bemidji series, and has played 3 of the 4 games since then. He hasn't been great recently, and Howe hasn't been able to find his form from the past two seasons. With all the injuries, this team is very worn down and will need one of the goaltenders to stand on his head in order to make any noise at this point.
      Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
      -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
        Off to the Springs for the games this weekend. Sad to think that after 24 seasons these will be the last.
        that is sad isn't it?
        Originally posted by mtu_huskies
        "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
        Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
        Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

that is sad isn't it?
          No sad would be that ref'in performance tonight. Clearly they had had enough of Mel and the captains talking to them. When a ref starts jaw-jacking back at the benches you know it has gotten bad. I don't feel bad for them. They let the game get out of hand in the first 15 minutes and when Robo got run I think Mel had seen enough. Not only was there no penalty against CC but they even left the face-off in the Tech zone after it comes off as a result of a CC player running the goalie. Then in the third Olson takes matters into his own hands and takes a hard run at CC's goalieand burries him in his net (also on a legit scoring chance) and he gets 5 for contact to the head and a game misconduct. Go figure.
          So now we're all fans of DU I guess. Go DU and GO TECH!

Ryan J
          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
          Originally posted by geezer
          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
          Originally posted by manurespreader
          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

awful reffing. absolute homers. during the fights CCs #4 was on top of Johnstone, John Scott hammer punching him and never got called. after half of CCs team beat up Olson, their goalie rips his helmet off and charges after Olson. terrible reffing. terrible terrible terrible. bad.
            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Don't forget to add UMD to your teams to cheer for tomorrow! I hate blaming the refs for a loss but it was terrible. I have a hard time understanding how we came up on the short end of things after that scrum at the end of the third. If nothing else their captain should have gone to the box as well, he went after Olson as they were leading him to the box! It's going to be a hell of a game tomorrow, the huskies looked real good at times, but were really up and down all game. First period was terrible tonight. I'm sure that the team is really looking to hand it to CC tomorrow. If it's scrappy tomorrow at all, and we end up coming out here for the first round of the playoffs, it will be a hell of a series.

Comment

Will Olson be out tomorrows game? What kind of misconduct did he get? Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by BlizzardT View Post
                  Will Olson be out tomorrows game? What kind of misconduct did he get? Anyone know?
                  The cheap shot was just a hit to the head game misconduct. He should have been DQ'd but he wasn't. He is lucky that Skalbeck and Boivin didn't kill him. He didn't even try to stop before running over Thorny.
                  Colorado College Tigers

Comment

awful reffing. absolute homers. during the fights CCs #4 was on top of Johnstone, John Scott hammer punching him and never got called. after half of CCs team beat up Olson, their goalie rips his helmet off and charges after Olson. terrible reffing. terrible terrible terrible. bad.
                    My friend, you are totally wrong. Brad Shepherd and Todd Anderson are *** clowns. They suck, but Tech got a way with an absolute ton of calls. The second goal for tech was set up by a check from behind in Boivin. That went uncalled. Olson is a cheap thug. He knocked Thorny's helmet clear off with an elbow to his forehead. After seeing the replay at the rink, he purposely went in with the intent to injure. He's luck our guys didn't kill him.

Anyways, I was impressed with the Tech fans in attendance. Very nice people, a shame that Tech is so far away and more couldn't come out.
                    Colorado College Tigers

Comment

Some of you Tech fans are cracking me up. So are you blaming officiating for the fact that CC took it to your team for 60 minutes tonight? Your boys run Josh Thorimbert, rip his helmet off, and you expect to get calls out of that? Your boys couldn't skate with CC all night, but it's the fault of the officials? You sound like UAA fans.
                      Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                      -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by PenaltyBoxBeast View Post
                        Olson is a cheap thug.
                        Didn't see the game, but this statement makes me wonder about everything you say. Nobody has ever questioned this young man's character. It sounds bizarre.
                        If all the calls were clearly in CC's favor as most of the fans saw it, I could see Olson losing his temper and hitting someone in retaliation. But "cheap thug'? No, sorry. You've lost all credibility.
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                          Didn't see the game, but this statement makes me wonder about everything you say. Nobody has ever questioned this young man's character. It sounds bizarre.
                          If all the calls were clearly in CC's favor as most of the fans saw it, I could see Olson losing his temper and hitting someone in retaliation. But "cheap thug'? No, sorry. You've lost all credibility.
                          They're CC fans, they never had credibility. How can anyone have respect for DU's pathetic lap dog?
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

our goalie got run over too. no call.
                            we got hit from behind - several times. no call.

calling Brett Olson is laughable. has CC never played UND?
                            Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                              So are you blaming officiating for the fact that CC took it to your team for 60 minutes tonight? Your boys run Josh Thorimbert, rip his helmet off, and you expect to get calls out of that? Your boys couldn't skate with CC all night, but it's the fault of the officials?
                              When it looks like it, smells like it, you call it what it is...

I don't think you'll find anyone who debates that Olson ran Thorimbert on purpose. Olson was giving the bench the beaver tail on the way off the ice to get them to wake up. But after Olson ran him did Thorimbert get up and skate away and mind his own business? Hmmm, I didn't see it that way. Seems he went right after Olson and at least one other player, yet his name didn't seem to find his way on the penalty list. CC gets a 2 and a 10 and Tech gets a minor, a major and two misconducts. The way the penalties read Tech must have pounded the snot out of a couple of CC players to get a list of calls like that. Anyone from CC want to admit that is what they saw happen? I didn't think so. At most Olson's major should have been the difference as he started it. But when you see an incident like that and the penalties are 12 minutes to 27 minutes... Well then I call it what it is.

Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

I would say that regardless of the penalty situation CC was the better team. But it would be good, if fights are to be averted tonight, for the reffing to be more equal.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X