Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

I still need to see that, but I have a movie/tv list a mile long.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Not bored. I just got disk one of Band of Brothers on Netflix today, and I've already waited to long to finally watch this.
      Also not bored. I finally got John Adams on DVD and need to watch part 3 tonight.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        should have said something. I have it
        Eh, that's what I have Netflix for, and I can't watch them faster than I get them from Netflix, so this works out well for me.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
          Not bored. I just got disk one of Band of Brothers on Netflix today, and I've already waited to long to finally watch this.
          I'm just impressed you queued band of brothers on Netflix most women won't watch star wars, alien, terminator etc so as a female that is willing to just jump into BoB that's pretty legit, I bet your boyfriend/husband is stoked?
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
            I'm just impressed you queued band of brothers on Netflix most women won't watch star wars, alien, terminator etc so as a female that is willing to just jump into BoB that's pretty legit, I bet your boyfriend/husband is stoked?
            Yeah, it puckered up your dad's ******* pretty quickly. Apparently he thinks I'll be getting frisky tonight.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
              For those of you cc fans who think Tech is the cause of your attendance problems, that's what DU said last year. They were mad that when Tech was there, there were a few unsold seats. Now that Tech has not played in denver all year and they still have attendance problems, suddenly they are looking at other possible reasons. Letters to the editor in the student paper, etc. In fact, this perceived attendance issue is one of the reasons for the bhhc. Protecting the brand was the watchword if I remember correctly, and CC was right there agreeing every step of the way.

The reasons you are not drawing are a lot more complex than which team is in town. So after we are gone, don't expect attendance will get better. The only thing that is for sure to happen is that your expenses will go up.
              That's pretty **** funny. Attendance has little, if anything to do with CC and DU moving to the NCHC. There is no attendance problem, perceived or otherwise, so you are just making this up, as the name "manurespreader" might imply anyway. CC and DU are both amongst the top attendance in college hockey every season, so there are no attendance problems. They are both simply trying to maintain their strong programs in response to the creation of the BTHC by playing in a conference with other strong programs. Other schools can whine all they want, but these programs are doing what hey believe is in their best interest. You can't tell me that Mich. Tech wouldn't have gone, too, if given the opportunity. Look at St. Cloud. They whined more than anyone, but now that they are a part of the NCHC, they seem to be ok with the realignment.

As for expenses, I'm not seeing how losing trips to Houghton, Anchorage, Bemidji, etc are going to cause travel expenses to increase.

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              I find the whole attendance discussion very strange. Despite being a small school, CC typically is in the top 6 nationally in attendance. That's pretty good, particularly since people in the city associate themselves with the school very little - it is generally considered more of a puzzling aberration than a source of local pride or affiliation. I certainly will admit that the atmosphere leaves quite a bit to be desired. However, I don't think it's any worse than (just to pick two) UNO or DU. The arena was particularly quiet this past weekend, but even on a good night it's not a boisterous crowd. I suspect it's largely a demographics issue. With about 1,900 students, CC is always going to have around 95% families and townies in the crowd, with 5% students. That just doesn't make for a loud, boisterous environment. But lots of people do pay to come in and watch the games.
              Not sure how this is lost on so many people. No, it's not a boisterous environment most of the time, but, although better than CC, neither is UND. And I don't think anyone would deny that they have great hockey fans in Grand Forks. I won't argue with the lack of "environment" a lot of times in World Arena, but the fans DO show up.

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              DU has a very good relationship with CC, not to mention the whole "NCHC brotherhood" angle. Why help out Tech?

No way DU throws Tech a lifeline.
              This is actually very true. CC and DU are huge rivals on the ice, but within the respective athletic departments, they actually have a great relationship.

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              So much for the Michigan Tech won't be able to practice in Colorado Springs BS, just confirmed they are practicing in Colorado Springs at one of the practice rinks at World Arena, have to walk past an empty world arena to get to the practice sheet...wonderful...
              CC rarely practices at World Arena from what I understand, too. So it probably wouldn't be any different for an opponent.
              Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
              -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                Who wants to tell the kiddies that they can't skate today because Michigan Tech didn't do their homework before departing for Colorado. What kind of life lesson would that teach?
                Good question - I would say it teaches...
                Go to a top university, get a great education, get a good job and you'll have the disposable income to buy whatever your heart desires... like ice time in any town in America. Or better yet, just buy the rink if you feel the need.

As the saying goes...
                "That's alright, that's ok, you'll be working for us some day..."

Ryan J
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post

As for expenses, I'm not seeing how losing trips to Houghton, Anchorage, Bemidji, etc are going to cause travel expenses to increase.

I would just like to point out that Bemidji is actually closer than Oxford and Kalamazoo. Houghton is marginally farther. I wouldn't say you are losing these trips, so much as replacing them with equally far away destinations. You will be losing the trip to Mankato though, which is closer than all of those trips. IIRC Alaska helps pay for the trip there.

While replacing trips to Houghton, Bemidji, and Alaska with others might not increase the travel expenses, it won't likely decrease them either.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDobler View Post
                    I would just like to point out that Bemidji is actually closer than Oxford and Kalamazoo. Houghton is marginally farther. I wouldn't say you are losing these trips, so much as replacing them with equally far away destinations. You will be losing the trip to Mankato though, which is closer than all of those trips. IIRC Alaska helps pay for the trip there.

While replacing trips to Houghton, Bemidji, and Alaska with others might not increase the travel expenses, it won't likely decrease them either.
                    My point was that I don't think there was much, if any, concern over travel expenses to begin with. At least not from CC or DU's standpoint. They have to fly everywhere anyway. It was someone else who brought that up as a concern. Frankly, I would love to see CC and Mich Tech continue to play each other. I like Tech and I like their fans.
                    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                    -dggoddard

Comment

Suck it Tech... Soon enough your players and fans will be...

Originally posted by vizoroo
                      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                      Originally posted by duper
                      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                      Originally posted by dggoddard
                      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                        Lucky for us we booked our return flight through MSP so we can stop off and play in the Final Five (Six) while CC and DU sit home and come up with ways to keep outsiders from using their rink and dream of days when they won't have to play free thinking, non-like-minded teams like Tech.

Ryan J

Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                        https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                        Originally posted by geezer
                        Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                        Originally posted by manurespreader
                        ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Hilarious! Quoting John Denver about flying. Ummm . . . why isn't John crooning his pap anymore?

Comment

Living in CCHA country, I have always rooted for the WCHA over anyone local due to my preference for the WCHA and the program I grew up with /alma mater.

In order, these were my favorite teams and the order of how I rooted for the WCHA.

MTU
                            CC
                            UAA
                            Wisconsin
                            UMD
                            UND
                            Minnesota
                            Bemidji State
                            Minnesota State
                            UNO
                            St Cloud
                            DU

Now stop all the rambling and get ready for a 3 game series this weekend.
                            Anyone heard how Robinson is doing. Typically, you go with the starter twice in a 3 game series and the backup once.
                            How will Mel handle the goalie situation?

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
                              My point was that I don't think there was much, if any, concern over travel expenses to begin with. At least not from CC or DU's standpoint. They have to fly everywhere anyway. It was someone else who brought that up as a concern. Frankly, I would love to see CC and Mich Tech continue to play each other. I like Tech and I like their fans.
                              Oh I didn't say Travel expenses will go up... you assumed that. I just said expenses in general. You really should read quotes before you comment on them. I understand attendance is not a problem for you, even though there was some discussion early about the lack of attendance, and as far as DU, there is a lot of discussion about why their rink is not full.
                              Personally, if Tech never plays CC again, it's fine with me. I will miss the fans, I met several last year in Houghton, and they were quite nice.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                                I understand attendance is not a problem for you, even though there was some discussion early about the lack of attendance, and as far as DU, there is a lot of discussion about why their rink is not full.
                                DU is Top 10 Nationally in Attendance & Attendance % of Capacity.

Attendance at DU has been strong this season and the NCHC will help boost attendance.

College hockey attendance
                                http://www.collegehockeynews.com/almanac/attendance.php

Denver 18 Games - Average 5537 - Capacity 6,026 - 91.9% of capacity
                                Last edited by dggoddard; 03-07-2012, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X