Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    they're playing in Colorado this week "to get an advantage"? You really don't have a clue how this works, do you? What an idiot.

(To be less insulting, you should be aware that "home ice" is considered an advantage in hockey same as "home field" would be in football or any other sport. The games will be in CC this weekend because they finished in the top half of the league standings, while Tech was in the bottom. It's certainly not what Tech's team wished for)
    The trouble with having hockey in states like Colorado is you have to put up with this stupidity. People are not willing to learn the basics.
    Who wants to tell geezer that he completely missed the point?

Oh, ok, I will. dggoddard was saying that MTU's choice, after they lost last weekend, was to remain in Colorado Sunday through next weekend to avoid a pair of extra flights. They are remaining in Colorado instead of making the round trip back to Michigan to reduce travel time, acclimatize to the altitude, and probably get in a little vacation time.

He was not implying that they intentionally lost the games or offered to play this weekend's series in Colorado as some sort of reverse psychology to gain an advantage. Re-read his post - it's pretty clear.

Comment

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      they're playing in Colorado this week "to get an advantage"? You really don't have a clue how this works, do you? What an idiot.

(To be less insulting, you should be aware that "home ice" is considered an advantage in hockey same as "home field" would be in football or any other sport. The games will be in CC this weekend because they finished in the top half of the league standings, while Tech was in the bottom. It's certainly not what Tech's team wished for)
      The trouble with having hockey in states like Colorado is you have to put up with this stupidity. People are not willing to learn the basics.
      That guy lives in Texas. Don't lump him in with the rest of us.

But seriously, why do Tech fans have such a problem with Colorado? I'm puzzled. I guess you just can't handle our Rocky Mountain High.
      Originally posted by vizoroo
      Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
      Originally posted by duper
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
      Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
      Originally posted by dggoddard
      Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bunt_q View Post
        ... Even if it is mostly old folks who start to nod off in the 3rd after two beers.
        ****! Thought nobody saw me.
        Originally posted by MPLS Gopher Fan
        As an impartial observer (well, sort of) who's been to both arenas, the WA is a much nicer facility than the Cement Center is. It could be the fact that it's out near the Rockies, it could be the lack of Huskie fans , or both.
        Originally posted by Puck Swami
        CC is an upstanding school ...
        Originally posted by dubbie31
        52 years isn't a slump...its a tradition.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
          That guy lives in Texas. Don't lump him in with the rest of us.
          I imagine most people have this sentiment towards him.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

How does Tech get ice at World Arena? Real simple, find a group with the ice already rented, show up and write them a check for 25% more than they paid for it. Don't think you'll find 3-4 takers in a week? Keep dreaming. Money talks. Tech will have no problem finding all the ice time they want. The thought that CC will somehow keep them out of the building is funny. Maybe Tech won't get any "free" ice time, but to say they will be locked out of a public building because CC says so... come on people. How is this even a discussion?

Ryan J
            Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
            https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
            Originally posted by geezer
            Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
            Originally posted by manurespreader
            ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
              How does Tech get ice at World Arena? Real simple, find a group with the ice already rented, show up and write them a check for 25% more than they paid for it. Don't think you'll find 3-4 takers in a week? Keep dreaming. Money talks. Tech will have no problem finding all the ice time they want. The thought that CC will somehow keep them out of the building is funny. Maybe Tech won't get any "free" ice time, but to say they will be locked out of a public building because CC says so... come on people. How is this even a discussion?

Ryan J
              That must be why I saw the MTU hockey team hanging around the arena with socks full of quarters on my way into work today. I guess they were just trying to buy ice time.
              Originally posted by vizoroo
              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
              Originally posted by dggoddard
              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

Ryan J
                Anyone that sells ice time to Tech is a traitor.

Besides who wants to tell the kiddies that they can't skate today because Michigan Tech didn't do their homework before departing for Colorado. What kind of life lesson would that teach?

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post

Besides who wants to tell the kiddies that they can't skate today because Michigan Tech didn't do their homework before departing for Colorado. What kind of life lesson would that teach?
                  Lots of ice at midday when the kiddies are in school. They do go to school in the Springs don't they?

Comment

do their homework before departing for Colorado? What were they suppose to try to book ice time in St Cloud, Omaha and Colorado Springs before leaving for Colorado last wednesday? Just go away.
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      do their homework before departing for Colorado? What were they suppose to try to book ice time in St Cloud, Omaha and Colorado Springs before leaving for Colorado last wednesday? Just go away.
                      It's Tech. There was a 80% probability that they would get swept with home ice on the line.
                      Last edited by dggoddard; 03-06-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

A traitor? Why? Let's say DU says MTU can skate there. Why, you ask? Well, MTU is not as good as CC, right? So let's say DU would rather face MTU than CC. (of course, going by H2H records, not the best idea, but work with me here).

IF YOU ARE A CO SCHOOL AND LET MTU SKATE, THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON! TREASON! TRAITORS!
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's Tech. There was a 80% probability that they would get swept with home ice on the line.
                          and what were the odds UNO gets swept at home and what were the odds SCSU splits at UMD? CC sweeping Tech did not guarantee MTU would go to CC dumbass.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                            But seriously, why do Tech fans have such a problem with Colorado? I'm puzzled.
                            it's all part of the master plan to be as irritating as possible to the "Not Quite Big 10 but Still Special" teams that feel they are too precious to play against Tech anymore.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              A traitor? Why? Let's say DU says MTU can skate there. Why, you ask? Well, MTU is not as good as CC, right? So let's say DU would rather face MTU than CC. (of course, going by H2H records, not the best idea, but work with me here).

IF YOU ARE A CO SCHOOL AND LET MTU SKATE, THE TERRORISTS HAVE WON! TREASON! TRAITORS!
                              DU has a very good relationship with CC, not to mention the whole "NCHC brotherhood" angle. Why help out Tech?

No way DU throws Tech a lifeline.

Comment

DU has a very good relationship with CC, not to mention the whole "NCHC brotherhood" angle. Why help out Tech?

No way DU throws Tech a lifeline.
                                Um, it's called an example. A theoretical idea, if you will. And CC will bow down to whatever DU does, we all know this, and are not surprised by this.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X