Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by bunt_q View Post
    Can I ask a question that is not in any way meant to be a poke. Why is Michigan Tech completely off the Pairwise radar? I see Wisconsin, Bemidji, and St. Cloud all on there. Is it just because of who you guys lost to?

I know it's a long shot. But from CC's perspective, looking at the Pairwise, does Tech not being there hurt CC's chances (if we win) as compared to if they were playing one of those other even lower ranked teams?
    Just don't call Michigan Tech mediocre and you're fine...:P
    As for pairwise, it comes down to Michigan Tech's horrible non-conference record. Not winning a game against NMU, MSU or BC really hurt. I'm pretty sure if MTU had won 2 of their 5 NC losses, MTU would be a TUC. Obviously getting swept by CC didn't help, splitting that series would have helped too.
    Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 03-06-2012, 10:55 AM.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: MTU @ CC 3/2 - 3/3 Just a two game series or maybe up to 5 games in 10 days?

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
      I have not been to UNO yet, hopefully I'll make a trek down there next season.
      When I attended 2 games at UNO, it felt a lot more like an AHL game than a college game. They use dozens of movie clips during the breaks that are played at ear splitting volume to get the crowd pumped up, skate onto the ice through a blow-up mascot's head, have a guy on a mini go-kart/zamboni thing doing wheelies, and generally have gimmicks going all the time to keep the volume level high. In terms of volume it definitely makes DU and CC sound like a morgue. On the other hand it also felt very artificial and disconnected with the action on the ice.
      On the positive side the people there were the nicest I've ever encountered in any sports arena. The cheerleaders were handing out cowbells before the game, and tried to give me one. I was surprised since I was wearing my CC jersey, but they said we could use them to celebrate our goals too. I generally kept to myself, but that was typical for the few encounters I had - extremely friendly.
      Last edited by Rich; 03-06-2012, 11:03 AM.

Comment

last year UAA was in the cities at the end of the season, but the gophers would not let them practice at mariucci. Similarly wisconsin was in colorado and stayed out there. So my question is, did you let them practice at world arena?
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
          last year UAA was in the cities at the end of the season, but the gophers would not let them practice at mariucci. Similarly wisconsin was in colorado and stayed out there. So my question is, did you let them practice at world arena?
          Screw Tech.

They're staying out in Colorado this week to get an advantage and end CC's season. Now they want ice time. Hilarious.
          Last edited by dggoddard; 03-06-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            When I attended 2 games at UNO, it felt a lot more like an AHL game than a college game. They use dozens of movie clips during the breaks that are played at ear splitting volume to get the crowd pumped up, skate onto the ice through a blow-up mascot's head, have a guy on a mini go-kart/zamboni thing doing wheelies, and generally have gimmicks going all the time to keep the volume level high. In terms of volume it definitely makes DU and CC sound like a morgue. On the other hand it also felt very artificial and disconnected with the action on the ice.
            On the positive side the people there were the nicest I've ever encountered in any sports arena. The cheerleaders were handing out cowbells before the game, and tried to give me one. I was surprised since I was wearing my CC jersey, but they said we could use them to celebrate our goals too. I generally kept to myself, but that was typical for the few encounters I had - extremely friendly.
            This is a pretty fair assessment of the atmosphere at UNO. Fun roadtrip for sure but it doesn't have the college hockey atmosphere.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              Screw Tech.

They're staying out in Colorado this week to get an advantage and end CC's season. Now they want ice time. Hilarious.
              to get an advantage? It's spring break so they are ALLOWED to stay by NCAA rules. They obviously need to practice, why not at the facility where the games will be played, which is not owned by the team they are playing. There is no "advantage" there may be some acclimation or decreased home-rink advantage by this but it isn't the first, won't be the last time someone does something like this. I'm pretty sure UND let MTU practice at Engelstadt last season... but whatever, dggoddard can suck it.
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                CC finished the regular season in Madison and then came home to play them again at the CSWA. FYI.
                Originally posted by vizoroo
                Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                Originally posted by duper
                I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                Originally posted by dggoddard
                Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

It appears that CC does indeed believe that the arena provides them with some advantages that they want to keep. I understand that, and I have no problem with CC not allowing Tech to practice there, IF this was the policy all long. However, if they let Wisconsin practice there last year, then it doesn't seem to me to be all that wonderful.

Whatever, Tech will be ready to play, world arena practice or not.

MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

to get an advantage? It's spring break so they are ALLOWED to stay by NCAA rules. They obviously need to practice, why not at the facility where the games will be played, which is not owned by the team they are playing. There is no "advantage" there may be some acclimation or decreased home-rink advantage by this but it isn't the first, won't be the last time someone does something like this. I'm pretty sure UND let MTU practice at Engelstadt last season... but whatever, dggoddard can suck it.
                    Of course there are advantages staying out there. Less travel fatigue will be the big help for MTU.

Just don't count on Air Force or anyone in Colorado Springs bending over backwards to help you out.

Air Force is very tight with DU & CC. They appreciate all the years that DU & CC made reciprocal visits.

CC's season is on the line via the Pairwise.
                    Last edited by dggoddard; 03-06-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Of course there are advantages saying out there. Less travel fatigue will be the big edge for MTU.

Just don't count on Air Forse or anyone in Colorado Springs bending over backwards to help you out.
                      bend over backwards? seriously, finding ice time shouldn't be that difficult, I understand if the reason Tech can't get time on World Arena is because its booked already but if you think other teams don't offer up ice if asked, you're just plain stupid. Michigan Tech practiced at Mariucci before flying out of Minneapolis for Colorado. I don't think that was bending over backwards. But whatever you think it is right, obviously you know everything, that's why you are abandoning Michigan Tech and happy about it so go **** off.

Comment

If any Tech fans really stuck around I recommend taking up your grievances directly with coach Owens. You should be able to get some face time at the radio show tonight. Honestly, I think it would be hilarious if you all showed up to whine about it.

Here is a link for more info - http://www.mccabestavern.com/index.php

The add literally says "Stop by and say hey to the coach!" It's also Taco Tuesday...
                        Originally posted by vizoroo
                        Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                        I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                        Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                        Originally posted by dggoddard
                        Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

bend over backwards? seriously, finding ice time shouldn't be that difficult, I understand if the reason Tech can't get time on World Arena is because its booked already but if you think other teams don't offer up ice if asked, you're just plain stupid. Michigan Tech practiced at Mariucci before flying out of Minneapolis for Colorado. I don't think that was bending over backwards. But whatever you think it is right, obviously you know everything, that's why you are abandoning Michigan Tech and happy about it so go **** off.
                          Minnesota would rather play Tech in St. Paul than CC.

That's just common sense.

Comment

Screw Tech.

they're playing in Colorado this week "to get an advantage"? You really don't have a clue how this works, do you? What an idiot.

(To be less insulting, you should be aware that "home ice" is considered an advantage in hockey same as "home field" would be in football or any other sport. The games will be in CC this weekend because they finished in the top half of the league standings, while Tech was in the bottom. It's certainly not what Tech's team wished for)
                            The trouble with having hockey in states like Colorado is you have to put up with this stupidity. People are not willing to learn the basics.
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              they're playing in Colorado this week "to get an advantage"? You really don't have a clue how this works, do you? What an idiot.

(To be less insulting, you should be aware that "home ice" is considered an advantage in hockey same as "home field" would be in football or any other sport. The games will be in CC this weekend because they finished in the top half of the league standings, while Tech was in the bottom. It's certainly not what Tech's team wished for)
                              The trouble with having hockey in states like Colorado is you have to put up with this stupidity. People are not willing to learn the basics.
                              "Staying" and "playing" aren't the same word.

You might want to get you bifocal prescription tuned up.

Comment

"Staying" and "playing" aren't the same word.

You might want to get you bifocal prescription tuned up.
                                even so... they are "staying" in Colorado this week because they just had a pair of regularly scheduled games this past weekend, and now have road playoff games coming up. What cause would it serve to leave town for a few days, and then fly back on Thursday? They're certainly not "gaining an advantage" over CC by staying out there instead of flying back and forth.
                                Not to mention the expense of the 30 some odd round trip tickets.
                                Still stupid.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X