Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

That said, outlawing guns would be about as effective as outlawing cars. As long as people get extensive training, go ahead and use them. Just keep them away from kids. To use the car metaphor again, we require extensive training in how to drive and we don't let kids behind the wheel.
    And still OP decides to attack me...whatever.

Comment

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      And still OP decides to attack me...whatever.
      You've been a little Etch-a-sketchy on this one.
      Last edited by Old Pio; 03-23-2012, 04:15 PM.
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        this may be true, but it works. They were credited in some quarters with costing Albert Gore jr. the presidency by tilting a few Mason/Dixon area states, I forget the details but they have wielded a lot of power with their shrill conspiracies.
        I remember. In a close race, I'd imagine they can still affect the outcome. Still, when Wayne LaPierre refers to murdered ATF agents as "jackbooted government thugs," I say they're off the reservation. And probably an acute embarrassment to most members.
        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Who hacked this account? I thought 5mn-major was the guy that was complaining about having to drive through a hail of gunfire down I-394 every day.
          No...comments like that are thrown out there by those who have a hard time with normal fact based discussion.

As long as you go through an appropriate security process...you're free to have a gun in your home. Frankly it would be less of a big deal to mandate that folks have a gun in their home. Then everyone has the choice to make as to whether they are to put themselves at risk based on homes they enter.

But the allowance of firearms in public spaces absolutely should be outlawed and automatic weapons banned. They do not further the constitutional purpose at all...yet do endanger American society.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

I find it interesting that we all seem to have come together in the middle on the issue of gun control, even while (or because?) the issue has been so quiet lately. It was very divisive a while back. Let's go ahead and do what 5mn suggests. I quit my NRA membership back when Big Bill Clinton was still president.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I find it interesting that we all seem to have come together in the middle on the issue of gun control, even while (or because?) the issue has been so quiet lately. It was very divisive a while back. Let's go ahead and do what 5mn suggests. I quit my NRA membership back when Big Bill Clinton was still president.
              When the NRA said the ATF and FBI are jack-booted thugs?

Look, I'd rather people didn't have guns. I'd rather people didn't eat the processed crap for sale at McDonald's. I'd rather people didn't buy junk made in China. Unfortunately, just like Calvin, I do not possess the ultimate power in the Universe. All I ask is that if you do feel the need to own a gun, have the training so you know how to handle it and keep it away from kids. I'd also like it if you pointed it somewhere other than at me. If that makes me an anti-gun, terrorist-loving hippie, so be it.

Comment

All I ask is that if you do feel the need to own a gun, have the training so you know how to handle it and keep it away from kids. I'd also like it if you pointed it somewhere other than at me.
                Exactly. We all seem to agree on that.
                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

This Monday thru Wednesday is the SCOTUS hearings on Obummercare.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    This Monday thru Wednesday is the SCOTUS hearings on Obummercare.
                    With that in mind:

*****https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N9KIt_gWpBg/T2zDf3XVSyI/AAAAAAAAChg/biiUxiMaL10/h301/12%2B-%2B1******
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      With that in mind:

*****https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-N9KIt_gWpBg/T2zDf3XVSyI/AAAAAAAAChg/biiUxiMaL10/h301/12%2B-%2B1******
                      In bed.

Comment

When the NRA said the ATF and FBI are jack-booted thugs?

I'd rather people didn't eat the processed crap for sale at McDonald's.
                        are you being a hypocrite here?

Comment

The NRA's just another business group, I wouldn't expect them to do anything but pressure for gun companies. I also wouldn't believe anything they said, ever. It's like listening to media conglomerates talk about SOPA/PIPA.

When they peddle political conspiracies, it's to drive their business strategies, nothing more.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            are you being a hypocrite here?
                            How so?

Comment

Is it necessary that I pledge allegiance to a political party?
                              1. No
                              2. It would you have though
                              3. Either way I was mostly just having some fun

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                The NRA's just another terrorist group
                                Fyp.
                                1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Working...
                                X