Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    That argument has never been made in the history of the world. Or perhaps you could link the documents you're referring to?
    Well, those guns are in the hunting section of various websites, including the NRA.

This innovative design turns the AR platform into an adaptable, dual-fed system suitable for almost any mission.
    Mission?

Comment

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Don't joke. The ECAC is looking for a venue.
      If certain admins weren't on their high horses, we'd be out of there already. -_-

Comment

Originally posted by MinnFan View Post
        And how about all the other states that had their crime rates (especially violent crime) drop? Where are all these bodies in the street that were predicted prior to concealed carry passing?

While there may have been abuses (such as the case in Florida potentially may be) I would say the benefits have far outweighed any negative consequences.
        Haven't all states had their crime rates drop over the last 20 years? Even the ones that don't have concealed carry laws? A better measure would be states with concealed laws vs those without.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Wait...I thought crime dropped in the 90's because abortion was legalized in 1973...
          If we abort everyone, crime will drop to zero eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            How's the hockey scene in Wyoming?
            Kind of rough, actually, unless you had an inside rink, or freezer coils at your outside rink, at least where we lived. It was generally windy, so that when the ponds froze, they all had ripples instead of flat smooth surfaces. If you tried to create an outdoor rink by flooding an area with water, the sun was so bright due to the thinner atmosphere that it would shine through the ice and then melt it from below even though the temperature would never get above freezing. The ponds were fine for skating but you couldn't really play a serious game on them. Great fun for pickup games though.

What was really fun was softball. You could really crack that ball far in the high altitude. I've never seen home runs carry so far anywhere else.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Wyoming's state slogan should match their stupid signs: "high winds possible".

Every ****ing day I spent there featured winds of at least 25-35 mph, and often gusts over 50 mph.

I also saw a gigantic wind farm with at least sixty turbines. I think the whole state should be a ****ing wind farm; it could probably power ten other states easily.

Comment

Well, those guns are in the hunting section of various websites, including the NRA.

Mission?
                take a closer look and you'll see the text is about "military scenarios" etc. not hunting for animals.

These guns are for training (survival/apocalypse nuts), target shooting, and killing people. Let's be honest: nobody is going hunting for anything but people with these things.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                  take a closer look and you'll see the text is about "military scenarios" etc. not hunting for animals.

These guns are for training (survival/apocalypse nuts), target shooting, and killing people. Let's be honest: nobody is going hunting for anything but people with these things.
                  Then you'd better talk to those companies, because they are marketing those weapons to hunters...

Personally, I prefer to use a small nuke when I go hunting. Kill and cook the animal in one shot.

Comment

Then you'd better talk to those companies, because they are marketing those weapons to hunters...
                    I believe they're marketed to hunters. I just don't think they're marketed for hunting. Most often, the apocolypse nuts/gun collectors are also hunters so it would make sense to put them all in one catalogue.

I realize how stupid that sounds, but my point is that machine guns are not marketed as (animal) hunting guns. It just isn't done, it would be idiotic.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Look, I've posted about how far off the reservation the NRA is. How shrill and conspiratorial they've become. But whether Priceless and the rest of the libs like it or not, Americans have a right to own guns. it's in the constitution and the Supreme Court has affirmed it.
                      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                        Look, I've posted about how far off the reservation the NRA is. How shrill and conspiratorial they've become.
                        this may be true, but it works. They were credited in some quarters with costing Albert Gore jr. the presidency by tilting a few Mason/Dixon area states, I forget the details but they have wielded a lot of power with their shrill conspiracies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                          Wyoming's state slogan should match their stupid signs: "high winds possible".

Every ****ing day I spent there featured winds of at least 25-35 mph, and often gusts over 50 mph.

I also saw a gigantic wind farm with at least sixty turbines. I think the whole state should be a ****ing wind farm; it could probably power ten other states easily.
                          Well, you know why Wyoming is so windy?

Because Nebraska sucks and Utah blows!
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                            Look, I've posted about how far off the reservation the NRA is. How shrill and conspiratorial they've become. But whether Priceless and the rest of the libs like it or not, Americans have a right to own guns. it's in the constitution and the Supreme Court has affirmed it.
                            I have a much harder position on this issue than many. And I totally agree with you.

Folks should absolutely allowed to own guns if for no other reason than its in the constitution. But even further the founding fathers were right in putting it in there as the rationale for its inclusion is valid as much as ever.

Having said that...the rub is that there are interpretations for most everything. Look at how the bible is often interpreted. So the goal should be to push for preserving the spirit of the constitution (the ability to defend the homeland) and what's most healthy for American society...rather than what's the most extreme personal freedom (and most danger for others) imaginable.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              Folks should absolutely allowed to own guns if for no other reason than its in the constitution.
                              Who hacked this account? I thought 5mn-major was the guy that was complaining about having to drive through a hail of gunfire down I-394 every day.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                                I have a much harder position on this issue than many. And I totally agree with you.

Folks should absolutely allowed to own guns if for no other reason than its in the constitution. But even further the founding fathers were right in putting it in there as the rationale for its inclusion is valid as much as ever.

Having said that...the rub is that there are interpretations for most everything. Look at how the bible is often interpreted. So the goal should be to push for preserving the spirit of the constitution (the ability to defend the homeland) and what's most healthy for American society...rather than what's the most extreme personal freedom (and most danger for others) imaginable.
                                I'm not a gun guy, but from my perspective there are already hundreds (thousands?) of laws pertaining to guns. What kind can be owned, who can own them, where they can be taken, etc. And I'm not convinced new laws whould have made a difference in the Trayvon Martin case or at Columbine. And I'm just not convinced it's "extreme" to allow qualified individual Americans to exercise a right freely and unambiguously adduced in the Constitution.

I'm not suggesting you're suggesting guns should be "banned." To do that would require asking the same question about we'd have to ask about illegals. Okay, we've banned the sale of guns, what do we do about the 200 million or so that are already out there? In the case of illegals, suppose we absolutely stop them from coming in. What do we do about the 20 million or so who are already here?
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X