Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Wow. Otherwise intelligent people turn into real eftards when it comes to abortion.
    That's why conservatives make some sense there. A human is a human is a human is a human.

Comment

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      When one doesn't believe in science it's difficult to discuss a scientific process with any intelligence.
      You mean the stork isn't real?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        That's why conservatives make some sense there. A human is a human is a human is a human.
        Unless it has brown skin.

Comment

When one doesn't believe in science it's difficult to discuss a scientific process with any intelligence.
          You actually make a good point here. To one person it's science, to another it's a moral issue. So it's probably not immoral for the person whose beliefs are founded in science to kill the baby. For others (founded in morals), the concept is a horrible one.
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
          USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Unless it has brown skin.
            Hey now, according to the Broadway show "The Book of Mormon", "in 1978, God changed his mind about black people."

It doesn't matter what color skin. It's still a human, so long as it has said deoxyribonucleic acid.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
              You actually make a good point here. To one person it's science, to another it's a moral issue. So it's probably not immoral for the person whose beliefs are founded in science to kill the baby. For others (founded in morals), the concept is a horrible one.
              Considering you get your morals from the same source that says 6000 years ago God planted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and that the Earth is the center of the solar system, I'm comfortable siding with science on this one. In fact, I'm comfortable siding with science on just about everything.

Comment

Considering you get your morals from the same source that says 6000 years ago God planted Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden and that the Earth is the center of the solar system, I'm comfortable siding with science on this one. In fact, I'm comfortable siding with science on just about everything.
                Dr. Eduard Wirths agrees with you.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

All I think about when I hear the creation/evolution argument is Mr. Garrison and Richard Dawkins making whoopee.

Comment

Serious question: do you have morals? If so, what reason do you give for not taking things that don't belong to you? There is no "scientific" justification for that belief, is there? You might say it makes social life more expedient, but is that scientific?

Arthur C. Clarke: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." So, which science does one believe when "science" itself is continually evolving?

Scientists at one time experimented on animals, believing they were merely "dumb brutes" devoid of feelings and emotions. Later discoveries indicated that animals indeed do feel pain and some emotions, and so beliefs about scientific experimentation on animals evolved from being acceptable to being immoral.

Scientists deliberately infected people with syphilis in the 1930s, was that immoral? if so, why?

You cannot only believe in "science" in a vacuum, can you? Does that mean that as long as you don't get caught, any behavior is okay?

I'm sure you don't believe that, yet there is something greater than "science", outside the realm of "science" that guides our decisions on what is moral, wouldn't you agree?

Babies born in the 7th month of pregnancy routinely survive to adulthood now. Does your "science" tell you that terminating a pregnancy in the 7th month or later is immoral?
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Is that based on the McCullough book? I really enjoyed that, particularly the stories about Adams and his children.
                      sorry, yes it was. I didn't read the book, but enjoyed the series especially for it's costumes (esp. settings in France), CGI recreations of Boston and construction of Washington, and casting of Adams, Washington, Franklin and Hamilton. Jefferson seemed more morose/taciturn than I would have expected but I'm not very familiar with him anyway. Google was my close friend throughout and every bit of dialogue that struck me enough to look up appeared to be historically accurate so I appreciated that although it made it feel somewhat stilted/lifetime movie-like. You remind me that I haven't watched the last episode yet but it's been good for me, as a non-student of that historical period but casually familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                        Serious question: do you have morals? If so, what reason do you give for not taking things that don't belong to you? There is no "scientific" justification for that belief, is there? You might say it makes social life more expedient, but is that scientific?

Arthur C. Clarke: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." So, which science does one believe when "science" itself is continually evolving?

Scientists at one time experimented on animals, believing they were merely "dumb brutes" devoid of feelings and emotions. Later discoveries indicated that animals indeed do feel pain and some emotions, and so beliefs about scientific experimentation on animals evolved from being acceptable to being immoral.

Scientists deliberately infected people with syphilis in the 1930s, was that immoral? if so, why?

You cannot only believe in "science" in a vacuum, can you? Does that mean that as long as you don't get caught, any behavior is okay?

I'm sure you don't believe that, yet there is something greater than "science", outside the realm of "science" that guides our decisions on what is moral, wouldn't you agree?

Babies born in the 7th month of pregnancy routinely survive to adulthood now. Does your "science" tell you that terminating a pregnancy in the 7th month or later is immoral?
                        All that your post does is demonstrate that you don't understand what science really is. Observation->hypothesis->test->conclusion. Which methods are acceptable for the testing stage is a value judgement which is outside of the scientific process itself. Asking if science can inform you about the morality of abortion is like asking if toast can purple.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          All that your post does is demonstrate that you don't understand what science really is. Observation->hypothesis->test->conclusion. Which methods are acceptable for the testing stage is a value judgement which is outside of the scientific process itself. Asking if science can inform you about the morality of abortion is like asking if toast can purple.
                          I was going to post something longer but this'll do pig. This'll do.

Comment

Hence the need for armies of thugs to beat up all pregnant women. Since they "have to be killed at all costs" it is far too risky to allow a pregnant woman to even come close to term.

Or has your world engineered a way for a drug to be added to the water supply that will eliminate all pregnancies? Even that is risky since bottled water is presumably drug free.

Again, it sounds like a terrible place to live. I am grateful I don't live there. I feel bad for you. Do you have a way to move from such a horrific place?
                            Right here in DC!!

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=109&sid=2797993
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              That's just one baby! They've got countless millions to kill!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                All I think about when I hear the creation/evolution argument is Mr. Garrison and Richard Dawkins making whoopee.
                                LOL. I had forgotten that.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X