Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    Not at all. I was merely making a joke about abortion. Perhaps my humor is too dry??

Contraception prevents fertilization at the outset; that can't possibly be murder. Even devout Catholics practice contraception!

Personally, I don't think ejecting a fertilized egg from the womb is murder either, until after a certain point of development has been reached. Once you can see the heart beating on the sonogram, I start to have my doubts. Once you can feel the elbows and knees moving around, I really have my doubts.
    we hashed this out in an ethics class one day. You can really twist yourself in knots defending abortion while defending innocent life. What we ended up deciding was that it's a "clump of tissue" until it's 50.001% emerged from the birth canal. At that instant (not before; there's partial birth abortion which is to be promoted whenever possible by certain people) it magically changes from "clump of tissue to be killed at all costs" to "wonderful living baby and future of our species to be encouraged to apply to Harvard".

I didn't say it was an especially talented or smart class. Just yer average Americans.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Re: Obama XXIII: The Muslin Anti-Christ Wages War on the forces of Christianity!

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      What we ended up deciding was that it's a "clump of tissue" until it's 50.001% emerged from the birth canal. At that instant (not before; there's partial birth abortion which is to be promoted whenever possible by certain people) it magically changes from "clump of tissue to be killed at all costs" to "wonderful living baby and future of our species to be encouraged to apply to Harvard".
      Hmm...so what about Caesarian delivery then, in which the birth canal is bypassed entirely?
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

it magically changes from "clump of tissue to be killed at all costs"
        Wow. Killed at all costs? It's amazing there are any children born in this country when there are armies of people beating up pregnant women. I can only assume in this horrific world in which you live, being an obstetrician results in you getting shot in the head (or worse).

Glad I don't live there.

Comment

we hashed this out in an ethics class one day. You can really twist yourself in knots defending abortion while defending innocent life. What we ended up deciding was that it's a "clump of tissue" until it's 50.001% emerged from the birth canal. At that instant (not before; there's partial birth abortion which is to be promoted whenever possible by certain people) it magically changes from "clump of tissue to be killed at all costs" to "wonderful living baby and future of our species to be encouraged to apply to Harvard".

I didn't say it was an especially talented or smart class. Just yer average Americans.
          Sounds like the typical muddled reasoning found in America today. Of course problem is, they can't all get on the same page as to when that magical moment is when the clumb turns into lovable baby. Seems to be a moving target based on expediency.
          Originally posted by Priceless
          Good to see you're so reasonable.
          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
          Very well, said.
          Originally posted by Rover
          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Wow. Killed at all costs? It's amazing there are any children born in this country when there are armies of people beating up pregnant women. I can only assume in this horrific world in which you live, being an obstetrician results in you getting shot in the head (or worse).

Glad I don't live there.
            That even happens here. Remember the dude that killed an abortion doctor?

Comment

no no no no no. the babies. you kill the babies, not the real people.

edit: excuse me, the clump of tissue. I can't even keep the terminology straight anymore. It's not a baby until it's 50.001% born. You're supposed to kill the clumps of tissue.
              Last edited by geezer; 03-22-2012, 02:26 PM.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

You're being insensitive by calling them babies or saying they are killed. You will need to be socially reengineered.
                You should rather say:

"no no no no. the pre-magic moment globs of tissue. you remove the pre-magic moment globs of tissue, not kill the real people."
                Very well, said.
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                  Sounds like the typical muddled reasoning found in America today. Of course problem is, they can't all get on the same page as to when that magical moment is when the clumb turns into lovable baby. Seems to be a moving target based on expediency.
                  As are voting ages, drinking ages, driver's license ages, school class cutoff ages, etc. Any black-and-white limit is arbitrary - yet the government sets such limits all the time. SCOTUS should throw it back to the states and let them each set their own thresholds for when (excuse the term) "personhood" begins.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    As are voting ages, drinking ages, driver's license ages, school class cutoff ages, etc. Any black-and-white limit is arbitrary - yet the government sets such limits all the time. SCOTUS should throw it back to the states and let them each set their own thresholds for when (excuse the term) "personhood" begins.
                    And then the federal government will threaten them with unconstitutional funding cuts, just like what happened with the drinking age.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Those arbitrary cutoffs don't directly determine life and death for millions or have a direct biological basis.
                      Very well, said.
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Hence the need for armies of thugs to beat up all pregnant women. Since they "have to be killed at all costs" it is far too risky to allow a pregnant woman to even come close to term.

Or has your world engineered a way for a drug to be added to the water supply that will eliminate all pregnancies? Even that is risky since bottled water is presumably drug free.

Again, it sounds like a terrible place to live. I am grateful I don't live there. I feel bad for you. Do you have a way to move from such a horrific place?

Comment

recently purchased and watched the HBO series John Adams. One interesting thing was how he and Jefferson (moreso Adams) seemed to disdain party labels, even while there were huge and clear differences between the federalist and republican philosophies. The country was a bit smaller then.
                          Is that based on the McCullough book? I really enjoyed that, particularly the stories about Adams and his children.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Wow. Otherwise intelligent people turn into real eftards when it comes to abortion.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                              Hence the need for armies of thugs to beat up all pregnant women. Since they "have to be killed at all costs" it is far too risky to allow a pregnant woman to even come close to term.

Or has your world engineered a way for a drug to be added to the water supply that will eliminate all pregnancies? Even that is risky since bottled water is presumably drug free.

Again, it sounds like a terrible place to live. I am grateful I don't live there. I feel bad for you. Do you have a way to move from such a horrific place?
                              We'll have to go to a lab, all cells will need to be sterilized, and all babies born from test tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Wow. Otherwise intelligent people turn into real eftards when it comes to abortion.
                                When one doesn't believe in science it's difficult to discuss a scientific process with any intelligence.

Comment

Working...
                                X