Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan's Hunwick is a Fraud

Originally posted by TimU View Post
    That was how they played much of the game. The guard would advance the ball over halfcourt, stop, and just stand there . . . yes, sometimes for as long as several minutes. The other coach's attitude was "If they want to stand around trying not to score, we'll let 'em." It's just torture to watch. Worst sporting event I've ever seen.
    Four corners offense, used typically by a less talented team, or a team with a lack of height. Very effective, but can be intensely boring, hence the shot clock.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
      Four corners offense, used typically by a less talented team, or a team with a lack of height. Very effective, but can be intensely boring, hence the shot clock.
      I get that. And the "Hoosiers" game is the best advertisement for a shot clock ever, for sure. But this wasn't four-corners offense. It wasn't basketball. It was cross halfcourt, stop, hold the ball against your hip, and stand stock-still watching the clock for minutes on end. Intensely boring is much too exciting a description.

Comment

Haven't seen a post from Caustic Undertow since like 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Haven't seen a post from Caustic Undertow since like 2004.
          Mostly a lurker, I'm a bit busier than I used to be. Occasionally I get a run of the fingers, and here you go. A pity Puck Swami and I can't try to one-up each other anymore.
          Jesus Saves

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
            Mostly a lurker, I'm a bit busier than I used to be. Occasionally I get a run of the fingers, and here you go. A pity Puck Swami and I can't try to one-up each other anymore.
            The irony of you being in Daloot, too.

Hunwick played terrific tonight. Couldn't be faulted on either goal even if the dolt Michigan fan behind me at JLA was on him for "going down too early".

I was ready to call the fraud squad on him.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
              Intensely boring is much too exciting a description.
              You just described bouncey-ball to a Tee...
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

It still wasn't a goal.

Oh, wait............that was last season.

Comment

What did I just read?
                  Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                  www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                    It still wasn't a goal.

Yeah, that's what North Dakota said, too.

Denial is UNO's best friend, which is why they won exactly 7 times in 30-something tries in 12 years against Michigan.

Comment

It still wasn't a goal.

Get over it, you suck. So the fact that you had to buy your way out of the CCHA made a lot of sense as you would have been in the WCHA for free 6 years later. You're really not too bright.

But you are a bitter lil'troll.

Score-board tough guy.
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        Get over it, you suck. So the fact that you had to buy your way out of the CCHA made a lot of sense as you would have been in the WCHA for free 6 years later. You're really not too bright.

Score-board tough guy.
                        I am bitter, but that isn't any reason to call people names.

Since he was a "fraud" in that game............ oh, well. Subtleties are lost on some people.

Jeez, try to poke a little fun somebody's way....................

I readily acknowledge it's over and done with. Kinda. Sorta. For most folks. Some people are like elephants. I particularly have a keen memory about getting screwed.

By the way, I did not buy UNO's way out of anything. If you think Trev's an idiot I suggest you email him about at trevalberts@unomaha.edu . Better still, you can pick up the phone and tell him yourself at 402-554-2305.

Comment

I am bitter, but that isn't any reason to call people names.

Since he was a "fraud" in that game............ oh, well. Subtleties are lost on some people.

Jeez, try to poke a little fun somebody's way....................

I readily acknowledge it's over and done with. Kinda. Sorta. For most folks. Some people are like elephants. I particularly have a keen memory about getting screwed.

By the way, I did not buy UNO's way out of anything. If you think Trev's an idiot I suggest you email him about at trevalberts@unomaha.edu . Better still, you can pick up the phone and tell him yourself at 402-554-2305.
                          Poor UNO got screwed. Believe me, Michigan is the poster boy for that topic. It defies logic for you folks out there to understand that if the puck goes behind the goal line, even if you can't see it- but logic and physics suggests otherwise- then it is a goal.
                          Last edited by streaker; 02-15-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post

Score-board tough guy.
                            Speaking of bitter trolls. You are one.
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                            X