Michigan's Hunwick is a Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan's Hunwick is a Fraud

I loved Hoosiers. That scene when Gene Hackman and the team walk into the huge arena for the state championship and he has them measure the free throw line and the height of the basket and then says "Just like our gym back home." Awesome. I need to watch that again. For those of you who haven't ever seen it, I implore to you to rent it. Even if it is about bouncyball, it's still one of the best all time movies ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      I loved Hoosiers. That scene when Gene Hackman and the team walk into the huge arena for the state championship and he has them measure the free throw line and the height of the basket and then says "Just like our gym back home." Awesome. I need to watch that again. For those of you who haven't ever seen it, I implore to you to rent it. Even if it is about bouncyball, it's still one of the best all time movies ever.
      Hackman could make "Roadhouse" a good movie. One of the five actors I'd like to meet if it was a bucket list wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
        I read this twice and still can't figure out what your trying to say, but bravo, you magnificent bastard. This is a troll for the Hall of Fame.
        My condolences. I couldn't really get through it once - had to skim a bit.

Thread drift: My aunt lives in Indianapolis and knew one of the kids who was one of the players on the team (can't remember which one), so she went down to be an extra in the crowds. She said it was a blast - they didn't have enough people to fill the arena, so they had to keep moving the crowd from section to section to film from different angles.
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
          Grantland is over that way, Bill.
          No kidding. I hope the OP is a promising high school sophomore who hasn't figured out yet how to not write like everybody else.
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            Have you ever seen a replay of the actual game on which the movie is based? It'll change your perspective a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
              Have you ever seen a replay of the actual game on which the movie is based? It'll change your perspective a bit.
              Didn't Milan hold the ball for the last 4 or so minutes of the game before "Jimmy Chitwood" hit the final shot coming out of the timeout?

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                Hackman could make "Roadhouse" a good movie. One of the five actors I'd like to meet if it was a bucket list wish.
                Are you saying that "Roadhouse" isn't a good movie?

You sir, are a liar.
                Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If your actions speak louder than words, you're not yelling loud enough. - Stephen Colbert

You build. You paddle. You stand in awe of what your hands have made. - Pygmy Boats

Comment

Originally posted by bluevox View Post
                  Are you saying that "Roadhouse" isn't a good movie?

You sir, are a liar.
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098206/quotes

C'mon, those are HOF lines. I see Hackman in Ben Gazzara's role. (BTW- he recently passed. RIP, Ben.)

Comment

Hoosiers is one of the most overrated sports films of all time, right up there with Field of Dreams (do we need to rhyme "Fraud" in this thread yet?)
                    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

I can't stand Rudy. All of his superfan quirks drove me nuts. Anytime he went into one of his re-enactments I about lost it.

It probably doesn't help that Sean Astin is forever tainted for me after I watched him play the most insufferable protagonist in the history of film in Encino Man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                        I can't stand Rudy. All of his superfan quirks drove me nuts. Anytime he went into one of his re-enactments I about lost it.

It probably doesn't help that Sean Astin is forever tainted for me after I watched him play the most insufferable protagonist in the history of film in Encino Man.
                        What?!? But he's so little... but he tries so big!
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                          Didn't Milan hold the ball for the last 4 or so minutes of the game before "Jimmy Chitwood" hit the final shot coming out of the timeout?
                          That was how they played much of the game. The guard would advance the ball over halfcourt, stop, and just stand there . . . yes, sometimes for as long as several minutes. The other coach's attitude was "If they want to stand around trying not to score, we'll let 'em." It's just torture to watch. Worst sporting event I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by TimU View Post
                            That was how they played much of the game. The guard would advance the ball over halfcourt, stop, and just stand there . . . yes, sometimes for as long as several minutes. The other coach's attitude was "If they want to stand around trying not to score, we'll let 'em." It's just torture to watch. Worst sporting event I've ever seen.
                            I'm from Indiana; my high school won its only state championship in basketball in 1934. (And the game was in Butler Fieldhouse.) Final Score: 26-19. They lit it up!
                            Bugs Bunny - 96
                            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Caustic Undertow View Post
                              I forget that many people don't remember who Jimmy Chitwood is. Am I actually old now?
                              Jimmy Chitwood's asst. coach p'd on libraries?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                Hoosiers is one of the most overrated sports films of all time, right up there with Field of Dreams (do we need to rhyme "Fraud" in this thread yet?)
                                Field of Dreams is a sports movie??

Comment

Working...
                                X