X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2011-12 Part II

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I figured that Seton Catholic was parochial, not public.
    It is, but it competes in NYSPHSAA.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
      It is, but it competes in NYSPHSAA.
      Didn't realize that.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
        So, that site (http://collegecommitments.com/) is showing Andrew Hamburg from CC as a transfer to RPI next year. What?

EDIT: Heisenberg is showing an "Andrew Hamburg" from the Omaha Lancers (USHL) committing to RIT, which makes a bit more sense.

EDIT 2: The Lancers player is named "Anthony Hamburg". Seems to be a very awkward game of "Telephone" going on...
        The USHL site shows Anthony Hamburg as an RIT commit http://www.ushl.com/news.php?action=detail&news_id=759. Andrew Hamburg is a different person and was still playing for CC last weekend. It would be odd for him to announce a transfer at this time. I suspect that collegecommitments.com is wrong.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-01-2012, 03:06 PM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Didn't realize that.
          Their predecessor, St. John's (which remained an elementary/middle school once Seton was formed in 1990), also competed in the NYSPHSAA. The lower grades would have their own league within the diocese, but since there was pretty much one main high school, they had to compete somewhere.

Comment

The USHL site shows Anthony Hamburg as an RIT commit http://www.ushl.com/news.php?action=detail&news_id=759. Andrew Hamburg is a different person and was still playing for CC last weekend. It would be odd for him to announce a transfer at this time. I suspect that collegecommitments.com is wrong.
            Andrew Hamburg, from Phoenix, is a junior at CC. Would seem odd to use a redshirt year just to play one year in a different conference, especially considering that he's still playing at CC.

Anthony Hamburg, from Houston (Wild draft pick, and apparently no relation), played seven games at Colgate last year, picking up three assists, then split back for the USHL on the supposed expectation that he would give it another go this year. Ended up staying in the USHL this year, and now apparently off to RIT?

EDIT: Saw the site listed Anthony as being from Phoenix. So maybe they are related after all. Given that the date on the CHI page is the same as that on the USHL page, they got the wrong Hamburg AND the wrong R-starting tech school.
            Last edited by Red Cloud; 03-01-2012, 03:24 PM.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              Andrew Hamburg, from Phoenix, is a junior at CC. Would seem odd to use a redshirt year just to play one year in a different conference, especially considering that he's still playing at CC.

Anthony Hamburg, from Houston (Wild draft pick, and apparently no relation), played seven games at Colgate last year, picking up three assists, then split back for the USHL on the supposed expectation that he would give it another go this year. Ended up staying in the USHL this year, and now apparently off to RIT?

EDIT: Saw the site listed Anthony as being from Phoenix. So maybe they are related after all. Given that the date on the CHI page is the same as that on the USHL page, they got the wrong Hamburg AND the wrong R-starting tech school.
              Thanks for mentioning that he played for Colgate. That is why his name seemed familiar to me. I read on the Colgate thread when he left there.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I believe you are correct that the CHI site is incorrect. Considering they have him coming to RPI next season, when he would have to sit out a year before he would be able play for RPI.

FWIW, Andrew was a former teammate of Josh Rabbani on the StL Bandits in the NAHL and Anthony is the other co-captain on the Omaha Lancers along with Mark Miller.

Also at the beginning of the season, USHR reported that the CD Selects were in the process of being sold to a group in CT. Heres an update on that story:

In other moves, Jim Salfi has, as we wrote about earlier in the season, indeed sold the Cap District Selects (they finished the regular season with a 1-39-5 record) to a group in Connecticut that includes former Avon Old Farms and UNH defenseman Eric Lind. The team will be known as the Norfolk Oilers and will play out a new arena in that city.
                It appears the RPI mens and womens teams will be the only hockey teams using the fieldhouse next season.

Comment

In other moves, Jim Salfi has, as we wrote about earlier in the season, indeed sold the Cap District Selects (they finished the regular season with a 1-39-5 record) to a group in Connecticut that includes former Avon Old Farms and UNH defenseman Eric Lind. The team will be known as the Norfolk Oilers and will play out a new arena in that city...............................won't miss the train-wreck the Selects had become but will certainly miss seeing the talent that came to HFH.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    won't miss the train-wreck the Selects had become but will certainly miss seeing the talent that came to HFH.
                    Its too bad RPI was never able to use the Selects as a recruiting tool considering they played right at HFH. If I remember right, I think Greg Kemp was the only Select that made an RPI roster.

Although not sure it matters much since it seems we do most of our recruiting in the USHL these days. I do have some hopes that we eventually see the USHL expand eastward or branch off into a seperate league similar to the CHL model with the QMJHL/OHL/WHL.

Comment

...in a roundabout way the last Selects to play for RPI were Mark Zarbo & Greg Burgdoerfer...http://www.cdselects.com/Page.asp?n=...=CDSELECTS.COM
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Neubert played for Selects Empire League team.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                          It appears the RPI mens and womens teams will be the only hockey teams using the fieldhouse next season.
                          Does Troy High still have a team? (Probably haven't in 20 years, but I figured that I would ask.)
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                            What about the club team?

Comment

Does Troy High still have a team? (Probably haven't in 20 years, but I figured that I would ask.)
                              They currently dont have a team. However, I thought they had a merged team with Columbia HS (East Greenbush) at somepoint within the last ten years, not positive though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                What about the club team?
                                and intramurals
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X