• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: The Chase for the Cup

*****http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/8229/luongohappy.jpg******

Comment

Mav, try this spreadsheet

All of the formulas / formatting runs through row 1000, so feel free to put people's selections at the bottom of any table.

Despite the fact that this is an .xls, it won't work in Excel 03 because I'm using IFERROR (although I may not need to use it).

Be careful about inserting rows into any sheet, especially in the first 16 rows of the two picks sheets, because there is some hidden data on the side.

Have fun.
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

• Originally posted by TimP View Post
        The Bruins will win regardless of who they're playing. I'd rather have the satisfaction of beating a New York team to get there. #Massachusettsistherealstateofhockey
        Real State of Hockey?
        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          Mav, try this spreadsheet

All of the formulas / formatting runs through row 1000, so feel free to put people's selections at the bottom of any table.

Despite the fact that this is an .xls, it won't work in Excel 03 because I'm using IFERROR (although I may not need to use it).

Be careful about inserting rows into any sheet, especially in the first 16 rows of the two picks sheets, because there is some hidden data on the side.

Have fun.
          Sounds good, will do. I appreciate the help. I'll work on putting this all in today.
          AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
            The Bruins will win regardless of who they're playing.
            Let's hope not; the universe might explode from the sheer magnitude of all the ******baggery.
            Cornell University Men's Hockey
            NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
            Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              Real State of Hockey?
              Ignore him. Remember he did this last year as well. He's just trolling and is obviously not very good at it.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

la kings ‏ @lakings
                we apologize in advance for anyone this tweet offends: #lakings lead series 2-0
                :d
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I just started following them. Whoever is manning that Twitter feed deserves a raise. S/he is pretty funny.

Comment

Real State of Hockey?
                    Stanley Cup Champion: Boston
                    NCAA Champion: Boston College
                    1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

Comment

Originally posted by TimP View Post
                      Stanley Cup Champion: Boston
                      NCAA Champion: Boston College
                      When you can draw 19K+ for a non-championship high school hockey game, lemme know.

Good day, sir.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Ignore him. Remember he did this last year as well. He's just trolling and is obviously not very good at it.
                        Yeah, and quoting him is ruining my ignore.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Based on Bradley-Terry rankings (i.e., KRACH) found here, the updated (after 4/13) most likely outcomes are:

West: LAK in 5 (21.0%), STL in 6 (22.2%), PHX in 6 (18.7%), NSH in 6 (21.2%)
                          East: NYR in 5 (28.8%), BOS in 5 (22.8%), NJD in 5 (23.2%), PHI in 4 (28.0%)

Overall winning probabilities:
                          West
                          VAN 29.0% - LAK 71.0%
                          STL 57.9% - SJS 42.1%
                          PHX 65.2% - CHI 34.8%
                          NSH 56.2% - DET 43.8%

East
                          NYR 88.2% - OTT 11.8%
                          BOS 75.2% - WAS 24.8%
                          FLA 23.8% - NJD 76.2%
                          PIT 15.2% - PHI 84.7%

As always, KRACH is not a perfect predictive system. In fact, it's not predictive at all; it's retrodictive. Home-ice advantage, momentum, and the like can not be accounted for reliably, so they are ignored.

Note: Philly is now favored to sweep Pittsburgh, but I'm sure the Penguins will have something to say about that. Also, I found it interesting that despite the Flyers having a two-game lead and the Rangers only having one game on the Senators that the Rangers are more likely to win their series than the Flyers are.
                          Last edited by lugnut92; 04-14-2012, 02:43 PM. Reason: Updated for new KRACH
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            When you can draw 19K+ for a non-championship high school hockey game, lemme know.

Good day, sir.

Another period of regulation in Boston, another scoreless period.
                            AF 99

Comment

Another period of regulation in Boston, another scoreless period.
                              Almost got another.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

This is going to be one of those stories. Goalie comes in at the end of season, rookie, and goes on a roll. I bet the Caps make it to the Conference Finals with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X