X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2012: The Chase for the Cup

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
    ESPN covers hockey?
    I was channel surfing this morning and saw a Taylor Hall OT goal. So they must have had 30 seconds of non NBA / NFL / Tiger stuff to fill....

In another continent it seems the KHL is attempting the conquest of the West. http://www.hockeyhebdo.com/article-l...lle-,3526.html If you have Chrome, it will translate for you. Otherwise, I hope your French is very good.

The NHL will be forced to expand to Europe to counter the Soviet Russian threat. This will stabilize the economies after the US closes its military bases.

In retaliation, the KHL expands into Alaska.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Ha. I see the KHL as the old IHL. They're expanding too fast with too little to support it. Most of the KHL is supported by oil money, and even that isn't guaranteed anymore. They still have a long way to be like the NHL.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

20 in a row at home for the Wings.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Obviously a very big feat, given only 2 other teams have done it. Dallas up next for them at home, so it is certainly possible to break the record.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Very impressive.

...My Red Wings friend is trying to tell me that the shootout makes it harder to win 20 in a row, so their streak is more impressive than the Bruins and Flyers streaks. -____________-
            UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
              ...My Red Wings friend is trying to tell me that the shootout makes it harder to win 20 in a row, so their streak is more impressive than the Bruins and Flyers streaks. -____________-
              The Flyers never even played OTs in 1975-1976. Which means they won 20 in a row in regulation. A more impressive feat, I should think.

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
                Very impressive.

That's just dumb. While 20 wins in a row at home in any era is downright insane, the shootout makes it easier since it's impossible to tie now. Detroit's streak would have been over at 13 (if I counted correctly) with a tie against the Coyotes in January if those still existed.
                Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Ha. I see the KHL as the old IHL. They're expanding too fast with too little to support it. Most of the KHL is supported by oil money, and even that isn't guaranteed anymore. They still have a long way to be like the NHL.
                  Don't forget the Mafiya supports it too.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    Don't forget the Mafiya supports it too.
                    Sex and drugs and oil. All things that make the world go 'round.

More reliable than wheat futures.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      The Flyers never even played OTs in 1975-1976. Which means they won 20 in a row in regulation. A more impressive feat, I should think.
                      Ken Daniels made the point tonight that it was a different league then and that the Flyers were playing teams that were not established: California Golden Seals, Washington Capitals (11 wins that season), Kansas City Scouts (12 wins that season).

He basically said the record is what it is without the need to compare different eras of the NHL. We're now in the era of the shootout win--so a win is a win.

Detroit just scored the first goal against Dallas...so, I hope they're on their way to number 21.
                      NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

If someone were to spear Steve Ott in the neck, I wouldn't exactly be broken-hearted.

God, that was fun...

Comment

3-0 now.

I believe the Red Wings now have blackjack.

God, that was fun...

Comment

The Rangers shut out the B's at the Garden 3-0. A great way to end any day.
                            Twitter: DanMountSports
                            2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

21 Home victories - RED WINGS - NHL Record
                              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Obligatory LGRW!

Comment

Working...
                                X