X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2012: The Chase for the Cup

Hahahahahaha. Oh God.

/sigh.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Happy Pegula Day to all fellow Sabres fans!

Comment

It's especially impressive that the Rangers have the most points in the Eastern Conference when you consider that their offense is, you know, crap.
        Cornell University Men's Hockey
        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Reports are that the Sharks are in on Rick Nash
          Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
          1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
          2006-2007: 15-24-2
          2007-2008: 20-20-4
          2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
            It's especially impressive that the Rangers have the most points in the Eastern Conference when you consider that their offense is, you know, crap.
            It sounds like you have you been reading the NY Post too much. The offense isn't that bad. The PP does suck completely, but they are acceptable at even strength. And I assume you have noticed the D?
            My Four Favorite teams:
            RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
            Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Two weeks from now....

Joe Thornton Rick Nash was traded?
              Last edited by MUhawks628; 02-22-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                Their defense and Hank are clearly the difference.

This Rangers team is eerily reminding me the Boston team that won the Eastern Conference regular season and then lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Guys like Del Zotto, Stepan, McDonagh, and Girardi are having fabulous seasons.

However, I'd definitely be more comfortable if we could get another impact forward although I'm not crazy about giving up Chris Kreider and a high draft pick to do it...especially if we can't lock up said big name forward to a significant deal to make him more than just a 3-month mercenary.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                  Their defense and Hank are clearly the difference.

This Rangers team is eerily reminding me the Boston team that won the Eastern Conference regular season and then lost in the first round of the playoffs.

Guys like Del Zotto, Stepan, McDonagh, and Girardi are having fabulous seasons.

However, I'd definitely be more comfortable if we could get another impact forward although I'm not crazy about giving up Chris Kreider and a high draft pick to do it...especially if we can't lock up said big name forward to a significant deal to make him more than just a 3-month mercenary.
                  I don't want to give up Dubinsky either. He may not score a lot, but he's a great person to have on the team. He's solid on the PK.
                  Twitter: DanMountSports
                  2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
                    I don't want to give up Dubinsky either. He may not score a lot, but he's a great person to have on the team. He's solid on the PK.
                    I agree. He is definitely having a down year in scoring. But ****, all of the other stuff the guy does sure helps makes the team what it is.
                    My Four Favorite teams:
                    RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                    Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                      Reports are that the Sharks are in on Rick Nash
                      I've heard Couture is a non-starter, so they're talking something based around Pavelski. My response:

*****http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/michael_scott/The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-196.gif******
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

As someone who despises the Sharks and is a huge Pavelski fan, I'm all for it.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Paging Mr. Conklin, please pick up the white courtesy phone.

Brian Burke tells @TSN1050Drive that the club may have to assess trade market for goaltenders.
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Well, Tuomo Ruutu is off the market. The pool of desirable forwards on the trade block just got that much thinner.

EDIT: And now I see Vermette is bound for desert. Looks like the BJs really are gunning for the full fire sale.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Well, Tuomo Ruutu is off the market. The pool of desirable forwards on the trade block just got that much thinner.

EDIT: And now I see Vermette is bound for desert. Looks like the BJs really are gunning for the full fire sale.
                              Maybe the Rangers won't be making a move.
                              Twitter: DanMountSports
                              2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                                Paging Mr. Conklin, please pick up the white courtesy phone.
                                Why not? Isn't Conklin contractually obligated to appear in the next Winter Classic?
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X