This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    The move by Val was a clinic on how to handle the puck. If that had gone in it would have been the highlight of the year.
    Agreed. The poor Vermont defender didn't know what happened. Good stop by Vazzano, though.
    Lowell Forever
    Forever Lowell

Comment

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      The move by Val was a clinic on how to handle the puck. If that had gone in it would have been the highlight of the year.
      Originally posted by Patronick View Post
      Agreed. The poor Vermont defender didn't know what happened. Good stop by Vazzano, though.
      I'm right with you guys ... we were joking that the goal would have been on ESPN had it gone in.

The passing on both the second and third goals was tremendous ... I actually thought they passed one-too many on both those, but it worked out, so it's all good. Great to see Wetmore find the net again as well.

Your stat of the day, UML had played 9 games at home this season. They have given up a whopping 12 goals in those games. Amazing.

Let's do it again tonight boys. A win puts Lowell in 2nd in Hockey East.
      Last edited by UMLFan; 02-04-2012, 08:53 AM.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        The passing on both the second and third goals was tremendous ... I actually thought they passed one-too many on both those, but it worked out, so it's all good. Great to see Wetmore find the net again as well.
        I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that... but they both worked out so what do I know?

edit: I have to imagine this is done by design... but is anybody else annoyed that on a 3v2 that we always pass back to a behind man?
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Congrats fellas. Just another L for us. I'm bummed our offense couldn't generate anything. As I understand it, our lone goal was a deflection off a UML player, and Carr never saw it. One thing that's almost always been consistent with UVM hockey, in good times and bad, is that our offense generally sucks. We've had some exceptions, the St. Louis & Perrin era, and our most recent FF year when Stalberg was lighting it up w/ regularity. Otherwise, our offense has always sucked--w/ Gilligan, w/ Sneddon, doesn't matter. Very depressing.

Sorry for posting this on your thread, but I've got no one to talk to in the UVM thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
            I'm glad I wasn't the only one to think that... but they both worked out so what do I know?

edit: I have to imagine this is done by design... but is anybody else annoyed that on a 3v2 that we always pass back to a behind man?
            We get an awful lot of goals on those rushes with the finesse passing; no way am I going to second-guess it.
            Gary

www.umlhockey.com
            Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
            "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
            KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

I just noticed that you guys have no ties. You're the only team in HE and the top 20 without one. I find that kinda fascinating. Has a team ever gone a whole season without a tie?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                I just noticed that you guys have no ties. You're the only team in HE and the top 20 without one. I find that kinda fascinating. Has a team ever gone a whole season without a tie?
                Lowell is the only team in the nation without a tie.

Since they went DI, Lowell has gone 1 full season without a tie, 1998-99 when they went 17-17-0.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Lowell is the only team in the nation without a tie.

Since they went DI, Lowell has gone 1 full season without a tie, 1998-99 when they went 17-17-0.
                  Let's hope they don't end the season with that record.
                  Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    Let's hope they don't end the season with that record.
                    $10K says it won't

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      $10K says it won't
                      If Bazin wasn't coach, I may have taken you up on the offer (Insert cocking shotgun sound effect here)

Wonder if he'll be an intermission guest today for the Broo-ins game.
                      - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                        If Bazin wasn't coach, I may have taken you up on the offer Wonder if he'll be an intermission guest today for the Broo-ins game.
                        Bucky, here's a hint, I don't gamble, I invest.

I think ScottK will pick up on what I'm talking about.
                        Last edited by Patman; 02-04-2012, 11:37 AM.

Skating Friar Jersey

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                          Good stop by Vazzano, though.
                          Removing my bias for a minute and something I didn't explicitly say last night is that Vazzano did have a decent game. Have to give some credit as the kid was under siege and gained the third star.
                          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

• Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                            Removing my bias for a minute and something I didn't explicitly say last night is that Vazzano did have a decent game. Have to give some credit as the kid was under siege and gained the third star.
                            Yeah. Those goals weren't on him. The UVM defense wasm't much help on the second and third goals/passing clinics.
                            Lowell Forever
                            Forever Lowell

Comment

Our success this season has just earned us one of the flex games in the NESN TV package. Our game at BU on the 18th is now going to be televised.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

So I know according to UMass fans, you can't EVER win a game where you get killed on power play numbers because you have to defend too much and ...

Ahh screw it. A good team deals with it, and while I didn't agree with many of the calls tonight, this team just dealt with the calls and instead of complaining and *****ing (hint hint) ... walked away with yet another win.

18-7. Second place in Hockey East. This doesn't suck.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X