Clear All

Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

Guess I'm bucking the trend. Grabbed a seat yesterday in Section 10 Row E

Comment

Originally posted by WrathOfAramark View Post
      Guess I'm bucking the trend. Grabbed a seat yesterday in Section 10 Row E
      Someone has to be THAT person.

Good to see Joe Caveney has settled in nicely at Fitchburg State. He's played in less than half the games, but his 2-8-10 in 7 games has put him 5th on the team in total points.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

CHN's Joe Meloni rates the HE teams, and guess who's #1.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
          CHN's Joe Meloni rates the HE teams, and guess who's #1.
          Psst... that's not by Joe.
          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
            Psst... that's not by Joe.
            ****, thanks. It's Scott McLaughlin. Joe had put the link out there, and I attributed it wrongly.
            Monty

Comment

Doug Carr named Goalie of the Month in Hockey East. Scott Wilson named Honorable Mention for Rookie of the Month.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...202/feb1mh.php

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
                Doug Carr named Goalie of the Month in Hockey East. Scott Wilson named Honorable Mention for Rookie of the Month.

http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...202/feb1mh.php
                Second time for Doug, congrats to him again! And a great job by Wilson once again this month. He'd have won this if he could have put up a couple of points this past weekend.
                Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                  Second time for Doug, congrats to him again! And a great job by Wilson once again this month. He'd have won this if he could have put up a couple of points this past weekend.
                  I don't know if there is a measurable scale you can chart Doug Carr's turnaround from last year's debacle to this season's mind boggling performance. In a league that's really devoid of a goalie name outside of (arguably) Millan and Cannata, he's right up with them at the top of that short list.

Comparing the GA from last season to this season over the first 17 HE games, the team went from 66 GA to 42 GA. Another way you can look at that stat is averaging it out per game, Lowell is allowing 1.41 fewer goals per game, at 2.47. Add that to the +1.11 GFPG and it's going to translate into a few more wins for your team .

We have talked about our offensive gains this year, but I'd never thought our defense, (currently ranked second in GAPG), would even come close to putting up the numbers they have had. The new faces on defense (Kamrass, Suter) along with Furlong (who's a completely different player than he was last year) anchored by Ruhwedel can't be overlooked. Without question, the defense has answered the bell with interest and I'm hoping that they can continue the success that they have all fought so hard to obtain.
                  Last edited by John_Fuller; 02-01-2012, 07:26 PM.
                  - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

I got my ticket for merrimack game and its sec. 10 Row D Seat 13

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
                      I don't know if there is a measurable scale you can chart Doug Carr's turnaround from last year's debacle to this season's mind boggling performance.
                      Didn't Carr have a pretty significant injury at the end of his juniors career before coming to Lowell?
                      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                        Didn't Carr have a pretty significant injury at the end of his juniors career before coming to Lowell?
                        Yes, he had to have surgery while in the CJHL due to that.
                        Monty

Comment

Carr mentioned in this INCH's Hobey Tracker this week:

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...trackler_1018/

Hoping for a great weekend from Carr and company to continue the momentum and not revert back to the play from the first UVM game.
                          U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                          UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Section 12 where Lowell shoots twice Row D seats 15/16.
                            FYI, it pays to call the box office. I got 4 tickets in Row K of Section 12. There were 13 tickets available in that row.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                              FYI, it pays to call the box office. I got 4 tickets in Row K of Section 12. There were 13 tickets available in that row.
                              On Tuesday, I went to the box office at lunch being ten minutes from my office. He told me that Row D was the higher row available in Section 12 after pressing him.
                              - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

On Tuesday, I went to the box office at lunch being ten minutes from my office. He told me that Row D was the higher row available in Section 12 after pressing him.
                                Gotta work on that cute voice
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X