X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML 2011-2012 Thread: Part II

The Mack Report picks their HE award winners:
    http://themackreport.com/2012/03/15/...y-east-awards/

Check out Scott Wilson's stats in games vs. the three other top-four opponents this season in the Player of the Year section.

It will be interesting to see who gets First Team / Second Team goaltender tonight.

Comment

I just heard one of the bands at the Michigan Tech/Denver game play the Sesame Street theme song. That was slightly weird.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I just heard one of the bands at the Michigan Tech/Denver game play the Sesame Street theme song. That was slightly weird.
        And the Muppet Show. Thought you weren't going to watch?
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
          If our band wants to do the muppet show theme then go for it... Everything is better with electric guitars
          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
          Skating Friar Jersey
          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

DU with the win in OT...

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
              Wasn't, but I was working from home and remembered how much I hate basketball.
              Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
              2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by umlfan View Post
                wasn't, but i was working from home and remembered how much i hate basketball.
                lol
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Hockey East Awards taking place tonight...

No All Hockey East First Team players from Lowell.

But Doug Carr gets on the Second Team! Congrats Mr. Doug Carr!

Mike McMahon
                  All Hockey East 2nd Tean: Kreider, Connolly, Diamond, Stollery, Noonan, Carr
                  Scott Wilson was Honorable Mention. Congrats Scott, may there be many more awards in your future, including tonight.
                  Monty

Comment

Scott Wilson and Norm Bazin named Hockey East Rookie of the Year and Coach of the Year, respectively.

Congrats!
                    Monty

Comment

It's official. Congrats to HE Coach of the Year Norm Bazin and HE Rookie of the Year Scott Wilson! Doug Carr was runner up to Maine's Spencer Abbott as Player of the Year.

Bazin was the "nearly unanimous choice" as noted in the HE press release? What dope didn't make it unanimous as there was really no one else that could come close at all. York was 2nd, maybe he voted for himself?
                      Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
                      Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
                      Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                        It's official. Congrats to HE Coach of the Year Norm Bazin and HE Rookie of the Year Scott Wilson! Doug Carr was runner up to Maine's Spencer Abbott as Player of the Year.
                        How can Carr be runner-up for POTY, but not be the first team goalie?
                        Bazin was the "nearly unanimous choice" as noted in the HE press release? What dope didn't make it unanimous as there was really no one else that could come close at all. York was 2nd, maybe he voted for himself?
                        Unbelievable.
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          How can Carr be runner-up for POTY, but not be the first team goalie?
                          Unbelievable.
                          Hockey East is fixed? Sorry, couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Hockey East is fixed? Sorry, couldn't resist.
                            Thanks for saying it for us.
                            Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

I asked about how Carr could be the backup to POTY (meaning 2nd best player in the league), but not first team All-HE.

Got a response that at least makes some sense from Mike...
                              Mike McMahon
                              @nerevsfanCoaches vote. Runner up means he was just in 2nd or 3rd in voting. Carr may have had 1st team votes from those coaches too
                              Mike McMahon
                              @nerevsfan just a guess on my part, of course. I think, not sure, that the same happened with Da Costa his rookie year (or last year?)
                              Monty

Comment

York was 2nd, maybe he voted for himself?
                                I know you don't honestly believe that, so perhaps you forgot one of those faces. If every coach gets a vote, don't you think it could have been Bazin the one who didn't vote for himself?

Comment

Working...
                                X